This game exposed we rely to much on Josh again

78thealltimegreat

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The game turned too somewhere around the second quarter. Allen was lights out after the first two TD drives. I didn't look up his passer rating at that time but it was probably over 140. But as the game wore on the incompletions started to rack up and the check downs started to increase. We didn't adjust / were not able to run the ball. 

Dolphins Defense was legit.  

They made life difficult by somehow taking away big plays AND blitzing.  

They then adjusted to our blitz beaters.  We didn’t really adjust back… at least not consistently enough as we fizzled towards the end of drives all game. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

Well, we ran a ton of plays in general, so it makes sense that Josh is going to chuck it a ton.  Played a pretty awesome game outside of the gaffe at the goal line, especially considering what he had in front of him.

Sadly the gaffe is what helped lose us the game. It's all very well doing the brilliant, but the simple has to be done too. And he does, for the most part, but...

3 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

From what i've heard, after last week's game ended players started getting IV treatments to prepare.

The team brought down airconditioned benches i heard too mentioned during the game.

Idk how much else we could've done. The heat is hot, its just like that lol.

Thankfully there wont be many more games the heat is an issue.

I never even knew teams could bring their own equipment to the sidelines - I always assumed it was provided by the home team.  Where is the line drawn.  Instead of umbrellas could they have brought shade canopies - or would they have said canopies would impede fans view?  But wouldn't umbrellas to a degree?  Never seen anything like it

19 minutes ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

The problem with this game, not being prepared for the heat.

Let alone the injuries before prior to the game.

We're running the ball better than we did last year.

How do ya prepare for that heat? No matter what you do as the game goes on your gonna wear down. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

We had at least 42 starters out

slight hyberpole

Oliver

Poyer

Hyde

Dane

Settle

Kumerow

Morse

Brown

Bates

backup center

Diggs-Roos-Gabe-Knox all cramped up and/or played with injury

Tra'

I know Im probably missing a bunch....thats way beyond decimated....that bunch would be a great core every team wishes they had....holy hell that was a valiant effort by all, using every Bills player, even the practice squad.  What a team!  Lets go Buffalo!

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

slight hyberpole

Oliver

Poyer

Hyde

Dane

Settle

Kumerow

Morse

Brown

Bates

backup center

Tra'

I know Im probably missing a bunch....thats way beyond decimated....that bunch would be a great core every team wishes they had....holy hell that was a valiant effort by all, using every Bills player, even the practice squad.  What a team!  Lets go Buffalo!

bobby hart out also

what happened in the pile to Josh?  pointed to his crotch.  watch out for payback next Miami game.

35 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Allen is by all accounts the closest this league has to Superman. But man he should not have to pass the ball 63 freaking times! In a low scoring game like this with the heat as intense as it was my goodness run the ball just a little bit more please. 

Uhm, no.

Heat and lack of preparation by the Bills to combat that heat as our undoing.  Period.

31 minutes ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

The problem with this game, not being prepared for the heat.

Let alone the injuries before prior to the game.

We're running the ball better than we did last year.

not being prepared, failing to adjust in game.  MCD blows another close one.  Getting really old.  7th in a row.  

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

slight hyberpole

Oliver

Poyer

Hyde

Dane

Settle

Kumerow

Morse

Brown

Bates

backup center

Tra'

PEDRO............BOOOOOOOOOOOOO me no likey this post hermano 😞

but I am not surprised. You could have put Diggs in that list in the end from heat too but not technically "injured"

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

slight hyberpole

Oliver

Poyer

Hyde

Dane

Settle

Kumerow

Morse

Brown

Bates

backup center

Tra'

still should have won the game.  Piss poor execution at pivotal points (MIA 3rd and 22) and when we had 2nd and goal at 1.  Bad coaching dooms us again in close games.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

PEDRO............BOOOOOOOOOOOOO me no likey this post hermano 😞

but I am not surprised. You could have put Diggs in that list in the end from heat too but not technically "injured"

Diggs cramped up twice.  He crawled to the sideline.  Steph toughed it out.  He hobbled off the field at another point. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

What total nonsense!

We had 90 plays in this game; Miami had 39.

We got 497 yards; Miami got 212.

We had the ball for 40:40.  Miami had the ball for 19:20.

We dominated much of this game.  The difference?

Miami was more efficient than we were at converting offense into POINTS.

Having only 19 points on a day like today (with 2 coming from the safety) is not a good day's offensive  point production.

Had the game been played again, we probably would have won, maybe by a lot.

Losses of this type will happen.

Josh is most of the team and he needs to play as much as he can!  He's our most important player by far! 

The team will rise and all as Josh rises and falls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

still should have won the game.  Piss poor execution at pivotal points (MIA 3rd and 22) and when we had 2nd and goal at 1.  Bad coaching dooms us again in close games.  

pick a play- Bass does his job, if Milano makes a play, if Josh made that throw to Isiah...if they make plays like they have before, we win.  Im sure if you ask and of those 3, they would say its their fault they lost.  Those plays had zero to do with coaching

Edited by Pete

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.