This game exposed we rely to much on Josh again

78thealltimegreat

6 minutes ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

The problem with this game, not being prepared for the heat.

Let alone the injuries before prior to the game.

We're running the ball better than we did last year.

From what i've heard, after last week's game ended players started getting IV treatments to prepare.

The team brought down airconditioned benches i heard too mentioned during the game.

Idk how much else we could've done. The heat is hot, its just like that lol.

Thankfully there wont be many more games the heat is an issue.

17 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Allen is by all accounts the closest this league has to Superman. But man he should not have to pass the ball 63 freaking times! In a low scoring game like this with the heat as intense as it was my goodness run the ball just a little bit more please. 

It also really exposed that we are just not as good with half our starters out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

The problem with this game, not being prepared for the heat.

Let alone the injuries before prior to the game.

We're running the ball better than we did last year.

This was not a normal game. Both teams had so much injuries, the Bills more.  Crazy. And the heat was quite the factor. Hopefully they are not too banged up going forward. Beane has to be praised for depth and the coaches for having guys prepared!

The game turned too somewhere around the second quarter. Allen was lights out after the first two TD drives. I didn't look up his passer rating at that time but it was probably over 140. But as the game wore on the incompletions started to rack up and the check downs started to increase. We didn't adjust / were not able to run the ball. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

From what i've heard, after last week's game ended players started getting IV treatments to prepare.

The team brought down airconditioned benches i heard too mentioned during the game.

Idk how much else we could've done. The heat is hot, its just like that lol.

Thankfully there wont be many more games the heat is an issue.

yep.  Maybe none.   High of 73 for Baltimore next Sunday :)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Allen is by all accounts the closest this league has to Superman. But man he should not have to pass the ball 63 freaking times! In a low scoring game like this with the heat as intense as it was my goodness run the ball just a little bit more please. 

thank you for a reasonable post game take I can support hermano. I think the OL dictated what occurred today in s florida. Josh was trying to make things happen. As he is very prone and successful at doing much of the time.  The running game wasnt called on as much as it could have I agree. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.