Beane’s Offensive Negligence

Milanos Milano

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes nobody wants to hear the offensive line is a problem because it makes Beane look bad…

It is Bad. Beane has zero ability to draft linemen. Look at Ford. 

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Injuries aside the guard play has been awful this season and Spencer Brown is playing himself out of a job - and he’s the only Beane draft pick in the starting five.  Inexcusable.

Also insanely dumb are the rostering decisions - activating all the RBs and only five WRs on a day where one of your receivers is coming in injured and the game plan apparently calls for passing the ball SIXTY TIMES.  Beane and McD, I know we all love them but they are a couple of gym teachers.

It’s because the Oline sucks. We have to pass the ball 60 times because we can’t run the ball. 

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The point remains, if you think our OL played well last week, you are just flat out wrong my dude.

I didnt say they played well...For the last time...like for real the last time...I said BEFORE injuries, the OL was NOT holding this team back.  

After injuries, the OL is an issue.  Not once debated that.  

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Injuries aside the guard play has been awful this season and Spencer Brown is playing himself out of a job - and he’s the only Beane draft pick in the starting five.  Inexcusable.

Also insanely dumb are the rostering decisions - activating all the RBs and only five WRs on a day where one of your receivers is coming in injured and the game plan apparently calls for passing the ball SIXTY TIMES.  Beane and McD, I know we all love them but they are a couple of gym teachers.

No problem having all the RBs active, they all made impacts plays and got plenty of action in the passing game.

But yes, bigger concern is OL. Same concern prior to the season, especially at G.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt say they played well...For the last time...like for real the last time...I said BEFORE injuries, the OL was NOT holding this team back.  

They were always a problem, but Josh could somewhat mask it. The fact that Josh has been able to do what he has with our “starter” line is amazing. 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If they don’t play well every week, they will eventually hold us back. 

This argument is like “well we won so no one played bad enough to hold us back.”

Which is silly

• Agree 1

I think this is pretty simple.   It was an ugly game.  Injuries before the game and during hurt bad.  The refs were abysmal.   The heat was deflating the offense as the game went on.   In the end despite all that we're the better team and we still had multiple chances to win and let it slip.

The defense did enough,  Beane did enough,  the offense did enough,  special teams did enough,  the coaching did enough to win.  We missed our moments and lost.

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The guys that they added to the OL with the intent that they may have to play a lot.......Saffold and Quessenberry........are guys who have been playing with a QB taking snaps at the LOS and running the hell out of the ball and benefitting in pass blocking from the defense anticipating the run.     They are going to look like garbage if Allen is in the shotgun all season.   I understand that they felt they were in a shootout today.........and I know why Allen wants to be in shotgun.........but at some point they need to get used to doing at least SOME of what this OL is built to do.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If they don’t play well every week, they will eventually hold us back. 

This argument is like “well we won so no one played bad enough to hold us back.”

Which is silly

No what is silly is coming to a message board and having a melt down about how Beane failed this team because he wasn't prepared to lose FIVE...of our 10 OL by games end.  If we lost one more, we couldn't even field a starting 11 without taking a player from another position.  

If you think just any team in the NFL can casually lose 5 of its 10 OL on the roster and not miss a beat, then I don't know what to tell you.  Before injuries, we did fine.  With one injury, our offense scored so much that we pulled the offense in the 3rd quarter.  

Today, starting without our Center cost us this game on its own with the blown snap at the half costing us 3 points.  Then we lost 4 more OL, including 2 starters throughout the game.  

Yet we still dominated the TOP, and should have still won the game if not for a missed FG Bass almost always makes or for the fact our WR decided to get a few more yards instead of going straight to the sideline to make sure we had a chance to kick it...or even just go down so we have more time to set.  

But here we are, its all Beanes fault for not stacking 20 OL I guess.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I believe he forced the safety that gave us a chance to win with a FG, but go ahead and stick to your agenda 

Oh one thing then? And the rest of the time where Tua had time in the pocket without a care in the world? He's been fantastic so far but not today.

• Agree 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

No what is silly is coming to a message board and having a melt down about how Beane failed this team because he wasn't prepared to lose FIVE...of our 10 OL by games end.  If we lost one more, we couldn't even field a starting 11 without taking a player from another position.  

If you think just any team in the NFL can casually lose 5 of its 10 OL on the roster and not miss a beat, then I don't know what to tell you.  Before injuries, we did fine.  With one injury, our offense scored so much that we pulled the offense in the 3rd quarter.  

Today, starting without our Center cost us this game on its own with the blown snap at the half costing us 3 points.  Then we lost 4 more OL, including 2 starters throughout the game.  

Yet we still dominated the TOP, and should have still won the game if not for a missed FG Bass almost always makes or for the fact our WR decided to get a few more yards instead of going straight to the sideline to make sure we had a chance to kick it...or even just go down so we have more time to set.  

But here we are, its all Beanes fault for not staking 20 OL I guess.  

you got to see who is posting this man. call it for what it is. but i agree 100%

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Overreactions?… I’ve been saying it since the off-season, if the Bills don’t win the SB it will be because their offense struggles due to lack of playmakers and/or a struggling offensive line…. Couple that with a HC who struggles for a feel of the game and much like last season, this is the type of game you get. 

I still expect the Bills to win the division by at least two games. 

Yes, you have been saying this, ad nauseam.  It does not make it any more true with respect why the game was lost today.  So yes, a predictable overreaction  to today’s game.  

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why is it so hard for them to bring us real offensive linemen? We haven’t taken a 1st or 2nd round WR in how long? We deal with injuries and this is what we get, Allen with no time to throw and he’s going to end up getting hurt by it. Don’t get me wrong, Allen scrambling for yards is ok in some situations, but sidestepping on nearly every play because of trash blocking is going to get him killed eventually. If this next draft isn’t dedicated to multiple linemen, a WR and a S, then they get what they deserve. 

Overreaction Sunday night 🤦🏻‍♂️

Our O is fine. We lost 3/5 of our line. RELAX yall

Last year and the year prior the biggest issue the team had was getting to the QB, so that's been addressed.  Meanwhile the offense for the most part with much of the same line has been close to unstoppable.  So we should improve the O-line and continue to have the same issue with getting to the QB.  Forget the final 13 seconds in KC, the reason that game was lost was again not being able to get to Mahomes.

If this was baseball and no real salary cap, I'd agree, but there's only so much money to go around.  Offensive lineman seem to be the players with the most fat to muscle mass ratio too, so have to believe the heat affects them more than most other positions.   Add in they usually play every play, very little subbing there.

Having said that do I agree the line needs improving yes, but putting the blame on Beane ignoring the offense is crazy.  Both the active roster and starter cap plus all cash categories have more money spent on offense than defense so not sure any of this argument is really even true.

I am curious if people do not recognize the great team that Beane has put together. I believe by the end we had 17 players out/hurt but still came within a hair of beating a quality opponent? I am very confident that if we get healthy we will be great but the league is built to stop anyone from being able to stockpile talent beyond starters. Our backups are an average NFL team, which is amazing considering on 2018 our starters were mainly good backups.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.