Beane’s Offensive Negligence

Milanos Milano

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Beane said in January after the KC loss "it starts with protecting 17 better" and his one move to do that is a guard ready for the knackers yard? I didn't think if was enough then and I don't think it is enough now. 

I am not going to go any further after this game because they did end up with so many backups in there... but oline execution failures, particularly at the end of games is a pattern in recent losses. 

The Dolphins simply determined that the Bills combination of weak OL play and their lack of YAC type talents on offense made it a good strategic decision to blitz Allen like crazy.

Just attack and try to create a turnover or negative play..........and all the Bills will get out of it is a modest gain.

The lesson for the opposition from the first two games is that the WORST thing you can do is give Allen time.     That's when he makes guys like Gilliam and Morris look like NFL receiving talent.

Needed some juice or some better OL to take the burden off of Allen..........they appear to have gotten neither.

• Agree 2

Good gravy. Delete this, man. Guys were dropping like flies on both teams today and you're playing blame the GM. You should have to change your username because it's just downright disrespectful to associate a legendary band like Iron Maiden with your poopy foosball takes. 

What exactly are your expectations in a backup? What do you want, first team All-Pro at starter and second team All-Pro at backup? Guys are backups for a reason. They were already down with Morse being out, then Brown went out, then Bates, then Van Roten, it sucked. There's no blame to be placed on the GM for that situation. 

Edited by blacklabel

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ah that is not the same thing. Of course it wasn't a hinderance but that is cos Josh was great and against a banged up TEN secondary he could get the ball out early because our WRs were getting immediate separation.

My whole point is you can't rely on Josh to bail the OL out 8, 9, 10 times a game every single week. He is superman but that is putting too much on him. 

Beane said as much in January. His actions didn't back up his words for me.

💯 thank you, I’m not alone. 

I mean Josh started the game again 11-11.  

End of the day, we destroyed the super bowl champs and top seed in the AFC offensively who both field elite DLs.  

Yes Josh is part of that, but there is no one who can convince me our OL was an “issue” in those 2 games before injuries destroyed the OL today.  I mean 5…5 guys were hurt in the OL today between starting and ending this game. And we still almost won.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

End of the day, we destroyed the super bowl champs and top seed in the AFC offensively who both field elite DLs.  

Yes Josh is part of that, but there is no one who can convince me our OL was an “issue” in those 2 games before injuries destroyed the OL today.  I mean 5…5 guys were hurt in the OL today between starting and ending this game. And we still almost won.  

Roger Saffold has not had a good game yet this season, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It honestly went better than I thought given the injuries lol.  The bad snaps cost us so many points though 

• Agree 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s purely a testament to how crazy good Allen is. The fact that he’s been able to do everything he’s done under this Oline is absolutely mind boggling to me. We are so lucky he’s as mobile as he is or we’d be lucky to win 9 games. If we win a Super Bowl, it will be purely because Allen is the best player in the NFL of all time. You put Allen on the Bucs squad and they are likely winning 4 Super Bowls straight. 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s purely a testament to how crazy good Allen is. The fact that he’s been able to do everything he’s done under this Oline is absolutely mind boggling to me. We are so lucky he’s as mobile as he is or we’d be lucky to win 9 games. If we win a Super Bowl, it will be purely because Allen is the best player in the NFL of all time. You put Allen on the Bucs squad and they are likely winning 4 Super Bowls straight. 

You say the stupidest stuff. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Go ahead and see what the nfl average for QBs in the pocket and see what ours is. Allen is almost always running to get out of the pocket because he’s flushed. 

Holy cow- quit your crying-  they rushed  6,7,8 guys . Our Oline couldn't block everyone

50 minutes ago, Murdox said:

As I've said elsewhere, we would have won if the game was in Buffalo today.  The heat killed the Bills offense, from the linemen to the skill players.  I'm not worried at this point.  We were the better team today on the field.

We're definitely better but we played so irratic at too many critical moments.   I still think there's an issue with our ability to close a team when they're down.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

You guys are stupid. Do you realize Allen on a Bucs team would be unbeatable? Or Allen with McVay? Our teams have been mismanaged and I feel super bad for Allen. Allen deserves Belichick or a Dallas 90s line. 

You're using Cincinnati as an example of good offensive line play?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.