Beane’s Offensive Negligence

Milanos Milano

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

OL played great first 2 weeks, you don’t even know what you’re talking about.  

I’m confused how you’re even allowed to start threads anymore.  

Go ahead and see what the nfl average for QBs in the pocket and see what ours is. Allen is almost always running to get out of the pocket because he’s flushed. 

16 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why is it so hard for them to bring us real offensive linemen? We haven’t taken a 1st or 2nd round WR in how long? We deal with injuries and this is what we get, Allen with no time to throw and he’s going to end up getting hurt by it. Don’t get me wrong, Allen scrambling for yards is ok in some situations, but sidestepping on nearly every play because of trash blocking is going to get him killed eventually. If this next draft isn’t dedicated to multiple linemen, a WR and a S, then they get what they deserve. 

Backup C, then RG, Then RT. Seriously WTH do you expect?  I've never seen anyone make as many trash takes as you do on these boards Iron. This offensive line does ok when healthy. Everyone was exhausted in the 4th.  Want to play the blame game? How about some questionable Back to Back moss runs. Good for moss he has 1 great runs... but the other runs put us in a bad situation in drive after drive. Where was our staff making sure we stayed hydrated? our guys should of just about all the time have something to drink in their hands while not off the field.  

Davis is a solid WR. how many #1 WR you want playing on this team? every WR was out at one point do to heat. like it was our first hot hot game. WHY? Tua got held under 200 yards with what 6-7 injuries out for our starters this game? and you dare complain about our defense.  Our offense lost us this game. Horrible mistakes. missed FG would have been a tie at half or a win. we had mistakes all over. Where was Von most of that game?

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Actually I did...  I didn't think the Oline played very well on Monday night either. I still think healthy it is the weakest unit on this football team. Josh covers up so much of it. Put even a top 10 or 12 guy like Carr behind this line and he gets killed.

We played the 2 of the best DL in football and scored at will and sat our starters in the 3rd quarter against one of them.  

Our OL didn’t struggle.  Are they the best unit, no, but they have been fine until they all got hurt. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep. No question about it.

The entire team relies on Josh to be ***** incredible. It’s frustrating as hell.

Beane said in January after the KC loss "it starts with protecting 17 better" and his one move to do that is a guard ready for the knackers yard? I didn't think if was enough then and I don't think it is enough now. 

I am not going to go any further after this game because they did end up with so many backups in there... but oline execution failures, particularly at the end of games is a pattern in recent losses. 

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Backup C, then RG, Then RT. Seriously WTH do you expect?  I've never seen anyone make as many trash takes as you do on these boards Iron. This offensive line does ok when healthy. Everyone was exhausted in the 4th.  Want to play the blame game? How about some questionable Back to Back moss runs. Good for moss he has 1 great runs... but the other runs put us in a bad situation in drive after drive. Where was our staff making sure we stayed hydrated? our guys should of just about all the time have something to drink in their hands while not off the field.  

Davis is a solid WR. how many #1 WR you want playing on this team? every WR was out at one point do to heat. like it was our first hot hot game. WHY? Tua got held under 200 yards with what 6-7 injuries out for our starters this game? and you dare complain about our defense.  Our offense lost us this game. Horrible mistakes. missed FG would have been a tie at half or a win. we had mistakes all over. Where was Von most of that game?

Yes because we can’t establish a run game and Allen has to move out of the pocket just to get throwing lanes. It’s because we haven’t drafted top linemen in years. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We played the 2 of the best DL in football and scored at will and sat our starters in the 3rd quarter against one of them.  

Our OL didn’t struggle.  Are they the best unit, no, but they have been fine until they all got hurt. 

Go ahead and see what Allen’s release time was for those games. Ball was out fast than you could say hot pocket. 

• Vomit 2

Spencer Brown and Roger Saffold sucked on Monday. Bates has had his struggles both games. 

They did a good job opening night. Less so since. And they struggled from the off tonight not just when guys started going down. They were down literally one starter at the beginning of the game and were getting beat. 

We will see but I am not sold this line is good enough. Josh bails them out a lot.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Spencer Brown and Roger Saffold sucked on Monday. Bates has had his struggles both games. 

They did a good job opening night. Less so since. And they struggled from the off tonight not just when guys started going down. They were down literally one starter at the beginning of the game and were getting beat. 

We will see but I am not sold this line is good enough. Josh bails them out a lot.

Huh?  You don’t know think they did a good enough job in a game where we pulled our starters in the 3rd quarter?

Come on bud.  Not saying they were perfect, but they played well enough for our offense to blow them out and against one of the best defensive fronts that had their way with the Raiders today.  

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Go ahead and see what the nfl average for QBs in the pocket and see what ours is. Allen is almost always running to get out of the pocket because he’s flushed. 

Holy cow- quit your crying-  they rushed  6,7,8 guys . Our Oline couldn't block everyone

Huh?  You don’t know think they did a good enough job in a game where we pulled our starters in the 3rd quarter?

Come on bud.  Not saying they were perfect, but they played well enough for our offense to blow them out and against one of the best defensive fronts that had their way with the Raiders today.  

Go watch the all22 of that game and come back and tell me Saffold and Brown played well. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yes because we can’t establish a run game and Allen has to move out of the pocket just to get throwing lanes. It’s because we haven’t drafted top linemen in years. 

Go ahead and see what Allen’s release time was for those games. Ball was out fast than you could say hot pocket. 

seriously Stop trolling Iron. you cant possibly be this wrong. Its not possible.

27 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Pretty sure if we even just had Morse in for this game, it would’ve been a win. 

I don't EVER want to see Van Roten step on the field ever again. The early fumble on Josh was because both Dion and Devin whiffed on their block. Spencer was so bad they benched him. Q played decent until that late flag and Saffold was his usual mediocre self.  We knew going in our OL was decent but not great. Today confirmed that.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Go watch the all22 of that game and come back and tell me Saffold and Brown played well. 

I didn’t say every player on the OL had a pro bowl level day.  I said the OL was NOT a hinderance to our offense for 2 weeks against 2 of the best DLs in football where we were the top scoring offense in the NFL until we pulled all our offensive starters in the 3rd quarter and stopped scoring and ended at 2nd in the NFL.  

Our OL didn’t hurt the offense until we started losing players to injury, and Morse was a big loss today.  Van Roten had multiple bad snaps today including one that cost us a FG at end of half that would have been difference in the game.  

30 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I would go even farther and say what team could even stay in the game with the level of injuries we had/have.  Man I hate this board after a loss.

I agree, the fact we lost by 2 and truly if we had 3 more seconds we may have won is amazing. 

Players had to stand in 100 degree heat, etc. 

The list goes on forever. 

Not taking anything away from Miami but the situation the Bills were in was a very tough one.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Your underestimating just how much Josh does for those guys and the team… he makes everyone looks SO much better than they are… hopefully he’s ok.

Im not under estimating anythingS. I said the OL hasn’t held back the offense prior to injuries.  

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I purely blame this on Beane. You are paying your best player millions as a battering ram and a makeshift Oline that has Allen moving out of the pocket continuously and runners who can’t get lanes. It’s sad really. 

Geezus your posts are the worst

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didn’t say every player on the OL had a pro bowl level day.  I said the OL was NOT a hinderance to our offense for 2 weeks against 2 of the best DLs in football where we were the top scoring offense in the NFL until we pulled all our offensive starters in the 3rd quarter and stopped scoring and ended at 2nd in the NFL.  

Our OL didn’t hurt the offense until we started losing players to injury, and Morse was a big loss today.  Van Roten had multiple bad snaps today including one that cost us a FG at end of half that would have been difference in the game.  

Ah that is not the same thing. Of course it wasn't a hinderance but that is cos Josh was great and against a banged up TEN secondary he could get the ball out early because our WRs were getting immediate separation.

My whole point is you can't rely on Josh to bail the OL out 8, 9, 10 times a game every single week. He is superman but that is putting too much on him. 

Beane said as much in January. His actions didn't back up his words for me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.