Beane’s Offensive Negligence

Milanos Milano

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s not, it’s showing why bother with defense (Elam, Benford, Hamlin, Johnson, etc) when they can’t guard when it really matters. Might as well build an unstoppable offensive and get in shutouts. 

Because we’ve given up a lot of points all year.  

We need to win shootouts because we give up like 13 points per game!!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Again there is an element of overreaction here. But I have been prettt consistent in saying I didn't think they had done enough on the OL. They ended up with 3 backups in, I get it, but even before that the OL was rough today. 

That is 4 of our last 7 losses regular and post season where the offense has had the ball at the end with a chance to win the game and OL breakdowns have sunk the drive. 

It is a pattern.

We started the game down 1 OL, lost a second one early.  Injuries were the bigger problem.  Then we would lose 3 more before end of game. 

No one had an issue with the OL play in first 2 weeks against 2 of the bet DLs in football.  

So yeah, everyone is over reacting to the OL today when we had 5 total get hurt for one game.  

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Again there is an element of overreaction here. But I have been prettt consistent in saying I didn't think they had done enough on the OL. They ended up with 3 backups in, I get it, but even before that the OL was rough today. 

That is 4 of our last 7 losses regular and post season where the offense has had the ball at the end with a chance to win the game and OL breakdowns have sunk the drive. 

It is a pattern.

We can’t run the ball properly. It’s affecting Allen and he’s been covering up this sorry excuse of a line for years now. We are just lucky that Allen can nearly transcend it all, but it’s a complete travesty that we have put him through this Bs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Offensive line has been neglected and now Allen showing signs of battle wounds (wrist). The fact we haven’t protected our best player ever is a travesty in its own right. 

I will make it clear here that I don't agree with everything you have said in this thread, but on this point... you are correct.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

We started the game down 1 OL, lost a second one early.  Injuries were the bigger problem.  Then we would lose 3 more before end of game. 

No one had an issue with the OL play in first 2 weeks against 2 of the bet DLs in football.  

So yeah, everyone is over reacting to the OL today when we had 5 total get hurt for one game.  

Don’t pretend the offensive line magically was playing well, they weren’t. Allen has completely masked this crap show and now it’s showing to be overwhelming. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Offensive line has been neglected and now Allen showing signs of battle wounds (wrist). The fact we haven’t protected our best player ever is a travesty in its own right. 

100%. I know the chiefs lost today but they’ve done an absolutely way better job than us at protecting Mahomes. Took Humphrey (Beanes biggest miss) and got brown, Thuney, etc. Complete rebuild in 1 year while our line still just completely sucks 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Actually I did...  I didn't think the Oline played very well on Monday night either. I still think healthy it is the weakest unit on this football team. Josh covers up so much of it. Put even a top 10 or 12 guy like Carr behind this line and he gets killed.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

We can’t run the ball properly. It’s affecting Allen and he’s been covering up this sorry excuse of a line for years now. We are just lucky that Allen can nearly transcend it all, but it’s a complete travesty that we have put him through this Bs. 

I have the quad box up watching the 4 pm window. Even teams like the jags can run the ball. It’s insane how bad our line is. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

Doesn't help that Oliver and Phillips were missing

That’s true, I’m not dismissing the defensive injuries, but we could have won today and Allen could stay in the pocket for a change. He is literally almost every play moving to throw. We are so lucky that Allen has been able to do it this long. Imagine if we had the colts Oline?? We can’t establish a run when it matters either. It’s been an ongoing issue. If our next draft isn’t like 4 o-linemen and a safety, then Allen doesn’t deserve this team. 

18 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Don’t pretend the offensive line magically was playing well, they weren’t. Allen has completely masked this crap show and now it’s showing to be overwhelming. 

OL played fine before injuries first 2 weeks, you don’t even know what you’re talking about.  

I’m confused how you’re even allowed to start threads anymore.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Disagree 2

Close games are always tough. Especially when Josh misses a TD to McKenzie he usually makes 10/10 times, or any of the other plays that couldve impacted this game.

Fact is we played a good team on a short week with half our starting defense out & with dealing with the heat & officiating & injuries, we still can say we shouldve won this game.

I mentioned this to a friend earlier how it feels like it takes something dramatic to beat us. Whether it be those 13 seconds or a game like today. We are an extremely difficult team to play against & Miami had the football Gods in their favor today & we barely lost a close one on the road at the end.

Not gonna overreact to this one. It wouldve been easy for our team to pack it in & make excuses, but they fought til the end, til the point of exhaustion.

Hard loss to take but i appreciate the effort & heart from our guys today.,

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.