2nd and GOAL at the 1

KDIGGZ

Just now, Bronxbomber21 said:

I haven't seen Allen push a pass like the one to Mckenzie in a very long time. He forgot all about his foot work. They beat themselves. 

1. Miss fg opportunities right before halftime 

2. Dropped TD by Davis 

3. Dropped pick 6 Malino 

4. Missed fg from what 39 yards

5. Not running the ball at the 1 yardline then Allen turns back into rookie/ first year Allen and throws a push pass to a wide open Mckenzie 

Where was Diggs and Davis big time players have to step up in big time moments THEY BEAT THEMSELVES.

Davis needs to secure that football in the end zone,  needs to use his body

4 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

They were working on his hand after the play. He got hit way too much today, Dorset did a bad job of protecting him

I am not sure you can put some of that line play on Dorsey. It is on Brandon Beane if anyone. 

Not saying Dorsey called a great game. But there are not many plays on the call card for no protection.

19 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

If the C to QB exchange isn't working then put Bates at C. I don't think that's a good excuse.

2nd and goal and inches away so you put your QB 5 yards back. It just doesn't make any sense. You have to run 5 yards just to get to where you already were 

Agreed - I think it's ridiculous to say they were scared of executing the most fundamental play in football - the snap from center.  Give me a break.  If you really think there are better odds of scoring from a shotgun run than executing a snap from center I don't know what to say

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Sometimes coaches outsmart themselves. Lets hope Dorsey learns a lesson here.

Wondering if that was due to snap issues earlier in the game on the goal line.  

Regardless, these are professional players, they need to be able to execute a sneak… Dolphins didn’t even have Raekwon Davis. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure you can put some of that line play on Dorsey. It is on Brandon Beane if anyone. 

Not saying Dorsey called a great game. But there are not many plays on the call card for no protection.

Overall I like the job he's doing, and injuries did kill us today. I only fault him for continuing to be in shotgun, in short yardage situations. So much Harder to defend under center.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I haven't seen Allen push a pass like the one to Mckenzie in a very long time. He forgot all about his foot work. They beat themselves. 

1. Miss fg opportunities right before halftime 

2. Dropped TD by Davis 

3. Dropped pick 6 Malino 

4. Missed fg from what 39 yards

5. Not running the ball at the 1 yardline then Allen turns back into rookie/ first year Allen and throws a push pass to a wide open Mckenzie 

Where was Diggs and Davis big time players have to step up in big time moments THEY BEAT THEMSELVES.

They did beat themselves.  The weather didn't help.  It was like the Bataan Death March out there.  But Miami is also a rapidly improving team. 

Can't argue with the OP. That was awful. Line allen up under center and have him fall forward at least twice.

Our short yardage offense is awful. It feels like they need a hurculean effort on 3rd or 4th and short. Luckily they have received some of those efforts so far this season.

2 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Yeah Dorsey and McD were ***** today 

Were they?

An Allen fumble, a dropped pass by Davis, a missed FG by Bass, a terrible play T the end of the first half, a dropped pick 6 by Milano, a terrible pass by Allen to an open McKenzie, dropped passes by Diggs and Davis on the last drive, ALL THE INJURIES, we lose by 2 on ghe road when outgaining the Fish by almost 300 yards...

and you come up with that gem of a post?

LOL

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.