2nd and GOAL at the 1

KDIGGZ

I hate that call. Allen always gets destroyed in short yardage read option calls. The defense just goes all out to Allen.

If you’re going to do that go with a straight qb keeper so you have an extra blocker.

Im calling a qb sneak though in that situation.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 4

Just now, 716er said:

The decision to go for the FG in which Bass missed on a 4th and 4 was a much worse decision IMO

That was all Sean… he has to learn, he is still way too conservative 

3rd and 22 and you give up a bomb because you get conservative… you lose to the chiefs because you get conservative 

when will he ever learn 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Jerboski said:

That was all Sean… he has to learn, he is still way too conservative 

3rd and 22 and you give up a bomb because you get conservative… you lose to the chiefs because you get conservative 

when will he ever learn 

Indeed. Wimpy play calls on offense and defense today 

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

If the C to QB exchange isn't working then put Bates at C. I don't think that's a good excuse.

2nd and goal and inches away so you put your QB 5 yards back. It just doesn't make any sense. You have to run 5 yards just to get to where you already 

Bates was out with a head injury

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yes it deserves its own thread. You have a few inches to go and you are in SHOTGUN? Of course the result of the play is a loss of 2 close to 3 and they need to throw at that point. Discuss

And if they run it in or pass it in then this isn't even a thread. You can sit here and say this about all plays that don't work, sometimes coordinators try to outsmart the opposition, it's a game of chess and we lost that match.

13 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yes it deserves its own thread. You have a few inches to go and you are in SHOTGUN? Of course the result of the play is a loss of 2 close to 3 and they need to throw at that point. Discuss

Why did Frazier only rush 3 on 3rd and 22? Frazier and Sean never learn on these 3rd and long

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

And if they run it in or pass it in then this isn't even a thread. You can sit here and say this about all plays that don't work, sometimes coordinators try to outsmart the opposition, it's a game of chess and we lost that match.

You don't pass it on 2nd and 1 at the goal line. That's the point. It's not a high percentage play

The 3rd down defensive call to rush 3 and not going for it on 4th and 4 were “feel” moments where I feel like the coaches didn’t have a grasp.  

We were getting pressure on Tua.  Rushing 3 was a cowards move and let them expose our safeties. 

Up 3 didn’t feel much different than up 6.  Bills were driving and it felt like a TD, up 10 would change the entire complexion of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 716er said:

The decision to go for the FG in which Bass missed on a 4th and 4 was a much worse decision IMO

I think that was more mcd trusting bass. Kind of a easy shot for a kicker like bass in perfect weather conditions for a kick. I trusted bass to make that, and if he did we win and no one says anything about it. 

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

You don't pass it on 2nd and 1 at the goal line. That's the point. It's not a high percentage play

And that's the chess match I was referring to, it's not a high percentage play and the thought was probably the defense won't be expecting a pass, it didn't work out in our favor this time. If it did work out would this even be a thread? I'm just giving my opinion not hating on your thread or trying to argue about the play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.