We don't have the mentality to win close games

UKBillFan

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Dude. Please read this very, very slowly.

The Bills lost 7 regular season one-score games in a row going back to November 15th, 2020. which is 23 months or roughly 2 years.
Including playoff games the Bills lost 7 one-score games in a row starting the first game of the following season on September 15th 2021

Do with it what you wish.

Ok so I see.  You want to include months that arent actually football months.  Makes complete sense to count February, March, April, May, June, July, August when talking about football statistics.  You are manipulating your argument to make something sound worse than it is.

With that I am done because its just nonsense.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Ok so I see.  You want to include months that arent actually football months.  Makes complete sense to count February, March, April, May, June, July, August when talking about football statistics.  You are manipulating your argument to make something sound worse than it is.

You should check into concussion protocol.

• Eyeroll 3

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The Bills lost 7 regular season one-score games in a row going back to November 15th, 2020. which is 23 months or roughly 2 years.
Including playoff games the Bills lost 7 one-score games in a row starting the first game of the following season on September 15th 2021

There is nothing to do with it. It doesn't matter. It has absolutely zero relevance to anything current. Who really gives AF what they did or didn't do over the last two years?

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Dude. Please read this very, very slowly.

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Why do some people take it so personally? It was a fact the Bills did not come back and were losing close games. Last 3+ years the Bills have been one of the top five teams in the NFL yet were not able to win close games. Really it is not an arguable point the statistics back it up.

The last close game that came back on was versus the Rams when they gave up a huge lead. I refuse to include the Patriots game when we barely survived Cam Newton at home or back door covers (ie Miami 2020).....

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why do some people take it so personally? It was a fact the Bills did not come back and were losing close games. Last 3+ years the Bills have been one of the top five teams in the NFL yet were not able to win close games. Really it is not an arguable point the statistics back it up.

The last close game that came back on was versus the Rams when they gave up a huge lead. I refuse to include the Patriots game when we barely survived Cam Newton at home or back door covers (ie Miami 2020).....

so you're eliminating close games they won just because?  and i'm not sure the bolded is true.  maybe you're right, but can you show us?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You should check into concussion protocol.

Should he use ice or heat for those back spasms???

Last year we were as unfortunate in close games as we were fortunate the year before that. Going back, it averages out. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, teef said:

so you're eliminating close games they won just because?  and i'm not sure the bolded is true.  maybe you're right, but can you show us?

It's not true. Since McDermott got there in 2017, the Bills are something like 33-23 when trailing to start the 4th quarter. It's just last season's misfortune that got everyone up in arms about it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

It's not true. Since McDermott got there in 2017, the Bills are something like 33-23 when trailing to start the 4th quarter. It's just last season's misfortune that got everyone up in arms about it.

don't do his homework!  also, our man is eliminating close games the bills won because he wants to.  there's a lot wrong with his post.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, teef said:

They were 13-3 in 2020.  Miami scored with 49 seconds left to get within 3.  Raiders scored with under 2 to get within 7.  Barely beating NE that year on a Newton fumble in the red zone nothing to put on your coaching resume.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Show your work because the other poster has a different idea about what 3+ years of games actually means.  Are you talking Earth years, Football seasons, or years from the planet Zolton?

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

3 minutes ago, teef said:

2019: 4-6 (one game was a week 17 throwaway game in which our backups played the Jets)

2020: 5-1

2021:  0-6

I don't know where that ranks league-wide, but I'd hardly call it a trend.  It's more likely that last season was a fluke.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

They were 13-3 in 2020.  Miami scored with 49 seconds left to get within 3.  Raiders scored with under 2 to get within 7.  Barely beating NE that year on a Newton fumble in the red zone nothing to put on your coaching resume.

they're close games the bills won.  it counts whether you agree with it or not.  it's insane you don't think they count, and this is why you get the grief you do.  don't say something isn't arguable because stats back it up, then completely manipulate numbers so it works in you favor.  this has been the last few pages of this thread.  certain posters just want to look at last year and this year when it comes to close games.  that's not mcd's resume.  it's starts in 2017, so base his coaching talent in close games from that time at least.  was it bad in 2021...sure, but that single year doesn't show a picture of him overall as a coach in close games.  

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

2019: 4-6 (one game was a week 17 throwaway game in which our backups played the Jets)

2020: 5-1

2021:  0-6

I don't know where that ranks league-wide, but I'd hardly call it a trend.  It's more likely that last season was a fluke.

he won't be able to comprehend it.  

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

check snopes🤣.... So false......

show us then.

1 minute ago, teef said:

they're close games the bills won.  it counts whether you agree with it or not.  it's insane you don't think they count, and this is why you get the grief you do.  don't say something isn't arguable because stats back it up, then completely manipulate numbers so it works in you favor.  this has been the last few pages of this thread.  certain posters just want to look at last year and this year when it comes to close games.  that's not mcd's resume.  it's starts in 2017, so base his coaching talent in close games from that time at least.  was it bad in 2021...sure, but that single year doesn't show a picture of him overall as a coach in close games.  

Bills pull away in 2nd half so close games don't occur all that much when they win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

he won't be able to comprehend it.  

Hey Id let him do it if he actually went back through every teams games and removed the close ones with whatever imaginary criteria he uses for the Bills and then see where it stacks up.  He should respond to that in a few years time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.