We don't have the mentality to win close games

UKBillFan

12 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Trying to compose myself. The issue is the majority of injuries was on defense. If we lost 42-38 or something I don't think I'd be so annoyed. But somehow we only put up 17 points (plus the screwed up safety on their part). We needed the offense today, we needed our MVP today. And it didn't work out.

The dude passed 63? times, 400+ yards and 2TD, no INT IN A LOSS.

Loss isn't on Allen, it's on the coaches. The extra pass at the end of the first half, not taking the points repeatedly in the red zone.

Always always ALWAYS take the points on the road, IDGAF what the math nerds say

14 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Dude save it what more do you want Allen to do? They where down 7 starters on the road 

In 100 degrees temps on the field. This might be a top nomination for dumbest threwd of the year. 

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

well, not hit the turf in front of a wide open receiver?  Defense not blow a 3rd and 22 by rushing 3.  (Frazier)

You realize he put up huge numbers and carried the team on his back while his throwing hand was banged up? Everyone wants to pile on after a loss- get over yourself.

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s going to be talked about until they actually win a close game…. 

let them. 

I would rather they lost by 3 than 10. 

that means it was competitive 

Now if it was 10 to 7 sure I’d complain 

but that only happens infrequent 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Too bad you missed the 2020 season when they won six of them. 

True, we were all there.  But the streak they are on of not winning close games is becoming a huge story.  National outlets are picking up on it too.  

Bills are not sniffing a Super Bowl until they can figure out how to win some of these.  They are absolutely choking at the end and all three phases have contributed. 

18 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Complete chokers across the board, with no clue how to play when under pressure. Offense was putrid and the play calling little better. Favourites for the Superbowl? Only if the defense is fully fit because the Offense, even with the so called predicted MVP, is not good enough.

ETA 15 minutes later - Won't delete the original post because I have to own it. But now I've calmed down slightly... still annoying. And I think I'll still have doubts about us being able to able to cope with the pressure of a one score game at the death until we win one of them.

What’s this we crap, i eeked out win in a very close ping pong game just this weekend.. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Complete chokers across the board, with no clue how to play when under pressure. Offense was putrid and the play calling little better. Favourites for the Superbowl? Only if the defense is fully fit because the Offense, even with the so called predicted MVP, is not good enough.

ETA 15 minutes later - Won't delete the original post because I have to own it. But now I've calmed down slightly... still annoying. And I think I'll still have doubts about us being able to able to cope with the pressure of a one score game at the death until we win one of them.

We do stupid things, for sure this Coaching staff has not figured it completely out. 

Tennessee on the goal line, go for all the marbles, can't convert. 

Kansas City we play prevent defense (and still rush 4) knowing KC has 3 timeouts and has to get rid of the ball in <2 seconds. We watch Tyreek Hill gain an immediate 25 yards, then we roll the same defense out again the next play. 

2nd and Goal from the <1 yard line at the 2-minute mark, and we don't just ram it 3 times for the lead and bleed clock. Nope we do a fancy Josh Allen RPO thing, pass, pass. 

Let alone this staff benching Kahlil Shakir on a day where we needed anyone to make a play down the stretch, the constant meltdowns on critical defensive plays (Texans 2020, 3rd-22). 

This constant insistence on Zack Moss. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Agree 1

This was a team loss. Hopefully they learn from this that the little things, focus & execution are the difference between winning & loosing close games. (If they do, then this will have been the best loss they could have). Until they learn to win close games, I fear they'll be vulnerable in the post season when the margin for victory tightens.

19 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

image.png.6b44f36ba4f7b5f8fce72bcebe67ebae.png

Give it break Nigel!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.