We don't have the mentality to win close games

UKBillFan

18 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Allen's a f-cking warrior. Unlike OP. 

That McKenzie miss will bother him the rest of the year. 

as well as McKenzie not going out of bounds to give Bass a chance. No guarantees but to be left at the end Im screaming GET OUT OF BOUNDS.................I knew the clock was very low and he making a football move away from the sidelines ...Mistake. Of course. And Dorsey goes NUTS  because he knew it too a soon as that clock ran out. ****

Allen warrior. OP a fan and he feels some sorta way I happen to think its better to  NOT overreact and woe is mee the team after 1 tough loss but that's me.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Murdox said:

The heat was the difference, folks.  Look at how our offense kept marching down the field and the players were cramping up constantly.  If we had been in Buffalo the game would have been completely different.

Yeah, well the Bills were not in Buffalo today.  How the F#$k does this coaching staff not have this team ready for the heat and cramping?  Piss poor team management. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

I was hoping last year was a little bad luck, but losing these close games is definitely a thing.  Getting it inside the one with 2-minutes remaining and they got so predictable and finesse.  Just pound it up in here with Moss 3 times.

Get ball back, middle of the field open and they failed to use it. McKenzie completely blew the end, could’ve easily run out of bounds at the 44.  Yeah would’ve been a long kick but Bass had a chance.  Disappointed at the lack of awareness to end both halves. Just dumb. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

as well as McKenzie not going out of bounds to give Bass a chance. No guarantees but to be left at the end Im screaming GET OUT OF BOUNDS.................I knew the clock was very low and he making a football move away from the sidelines ...Mistake. Of course. And Dorsey goes NUTS  because he knew it too a soon as that clock ran out. ****

He wasn’t going to get out of bounds, his lane was cut off which is why he cut up the field 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I was hoping last year was a little bad luck, but losing these close games is definitely a thing.  Getting it inside the one with 2-minutes remaining and they got so predictable and finesse.  Just pound it up in here with Moss 3 times.

Get ball back, middle of the field open and they failed to use it. McKenzie completely blew the end, could’ve easily run out of bounds at the 44.  Yeah would’ve been a long kick but Bass had a chance.  Disappointed at the lack of awareness to end both halves. Just dumb. 

This is what I mean by the mentality.

10 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Trying to compose myself. The issue is the majority of injuries was on defense. If we lost 42-38 or something I don't think I'd be so annoyed. But somehow we only put up 17 points (plus the screwed up safety on their part). We needed the offense today, we needed our MVP today. And it didn't work out.

True the offense did not play well today.  First half Bills struggled against the blitz.  It was a tough game.  I wish McD tried the FG right before half.  Second half guys were dropping from the heat and just some bad plays all around.  Have to score when it's first and goal at the 1.  All those mistakes and they still had a great chance there.

2 minutes ago, I Am The Liquor said:

Yeah, well the Bills were not in Buffalo today.  How the F#$k does this coaching staff not have this team ready for the heat and cramping?  Piss poor team management. 

The only said a million times on the game that the Bills have been hydrating for a week and that it was 112 on the field.  Even Dolphins players were cramping up...

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ganesh said:

We left too many points on the field.   They came back to haunt us. 

It goes far beyond that though. Yes, we could have won by two scores today if we executed properly. But that is the problem. We don't win unless it is by two plus scores. 0-and forever now in one score games.  Something is wrong.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This coach is awesome on the weeks leading up to the games. He absolutely sucks on game day and can’t win close games. Adjust accordingly 

Why do I get the feeling that if McD was the D.C. we would be better off. Why can't he put a foot in someone's ass instead of being beholden to his D.C's systematic approach, BTW, the 90's called and want they're Defensive game plan back.

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

We always have excuses, don't we? Like blaming the wind for losing at home to the Pats last year.

no excuses.  they lost a game...barely.  they played their hearts out with major injuries to key players.  miami is better than we thought but no where near as good as the bills on 9 out of ten days. Tua had 186 yards passing.  today was an aberration.  back to crushing opponents next week.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, muppy said:

I also think that's why Dorsey went nuts. They probably told everyone 100 times before that drive to get out of bounds if you have any opportunity to do so or just get down immediately.

How about the entire oline just standing around and the ref lazily running the ball back to the LOS. 

Weird, weird game. The universe really conspired against us this week. 

As for the OP, we're a winning organization. We don't listen to loser talk. Last thing we need are loser fans getting viruses in the player's heads like "we don't win close games". 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Complete chokers across the board, with no clue how to play when under pressure. Offense was putrid and the play calling little better. Favourites for the Superbowl? Only if the defense is fully fit because the Offense, even with the so called predicted MVP, is not good enough.

ETA 15 minutes later - Won't delete the original post because I have to own it. But now I've calmed down slightly... still annoying. And I think I'll still have doubts about us being able to able to cope with the pressure of a one score game at the death until we win one of them.

You do realize we lost this game by 2 points without Oliver, White, Poyer, Hyde, Philips, Knox, Mckenzie, Diggs at the end, Bates, Brown, Roten, Morse, that;s unreal that we only lost by 2 imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott has showed time and time again that he is not the coach for this team.. We have all the talent we need to win close games, but McDermott,s clock management is more than suspect. Why in the world weren't these players prepared to play in the heat that was expected well  ahead of game time. McDermott also must have his challenge flag stapled to his pocket cuz he sure don't want to throw it. This team has the talent to win, but the coach does not. We addressed the OC position we need to address the HC position.

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

I also think that's why Dorsey went nuts. They probably told everyone 100 times before that drive to get out of bounds if you have any opportunity to do so or just get down immediately.

How about the entire oline just standing around and the ref lazily running the ball back to the LOS. 

Weird, weird game. The universe really conspired against us this week. 

As for the OP, we're a winning organization. We don't listen to loser talk. Last thing we need are loser fans getting viruses in the player's heads like "we don't win close games". 

It's not as though the close game record is 0-1 or something. 0-7. Our last SEVEN one score games have all been defeats.

10 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

We always have excuses, don't we? Like blaming the wind for losing at home to the Pats last year.

It was war out there today UK..  The S Florida heat is brutal.  We gave a great effort.  Were down our entire secondary and 4 O lineman.  And Diggs was hobbled.  Miami got several calls their way.  And Milano should have had a pick 6 and Bass missed a short FG.  Allen is a baller extraordinnaire.  Tough to lose.  But this team is so fun to watch and root for.  Get your head on straight.  Even Alabama loses once in a while.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.