We don't have the mentality to win close games

UKBillFan

7 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Probably having half the team out, or the heat, had nothing to do with it. 🤔

and yet the Bills still nearly pulled it off....CHOKERS... SMH mistakes, heat cramps and the fish pulled it off..by the skin of their chonies...BILLS SUCK @-@

/sarcasm

• Haha (+1) 1

Trying to compose myself. The issue is the majority of injuries was on defense. If we lost 42-38 or something I don't think I'd be so annoyed. But somehow we only put up 17 points (plus the screwed up safety on their part). We needed the offense today, we needed our MVP today. And it didn't work out.

Edited by UKBillFan

Tre, Hyde, Poyer, Ed, Benford, Morse, Brown, Bates, Diggs and Gabe all banged up off the top of my head and we lost by two. This one hurts but we are going to see every teams A game because we are the top dogs. Can’t win em all. Offense was rolling, just couldn’t put up points to match. We shot ourselves in the foot today multiple times

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

It's not the losing, it's the way we lost.

OK, fair point, I'm probably over-reacting. Just had a **** day and this has topped it off.

It does suck to lose that way, no doubt about that.    Seeing this as a blip on the radar instead of a trend is what is comforting to me. 

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Dude save it what more do you want Allen to do? They where down 7 starters on the road 

The offense lost this game. Vintage Bills, just can't finish a team when we have the opportunities. Leaving so many points on the field and keep letting them stay close. 

• Agree 1

Until we get rid of the Rick Dennison of DC, we are gonna see the same ole same ole. Every time we blitzed, we had results, but the old we gonna rush fo killed us, 3rd and 22 and you rush 4? seriously?. Unbelievable , knowing you're down impact players and you give Tua all day long. Nothing will change without a younger defensive mind. Apparently that ain't happening this year. This defensive game plan was B.S. That's on you McD.

Miami blitzed non stop and took away the time for the deep ball. Did we do the same? Oh hell no, we just let him sit back and pick us apart.

Edited by nosejob
  • Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Complete chokers across the board, with no clue how to play when under pressure. Offense was putrid and the play calling little better. Favourites for the Superbowl? Only if the defense is fully fit because the Offense, even with the so called predicted MVP, is not good enough.

ETA - Won't delete the original post because I have to own it. But now I've calmed down slightly... still annoying. And I think I'll still have doubts about us being able to able to cope with the pressure of a one score game at the death until we win one of them.

Nonsense,  if our WR'S did not started all going down because of the heat we roll this team

1 minute ago, nosejob said:

Until we get rid of the Rick Dennison of DC, we are gonna see the same ole same ole. Every time we blitzed, we had results, but the old we gonna rush fo killed us, 3rd and 22 and you rush 4? seriously?. Unbelievable , knowing you're down impact players and you give Tua all day long. Nothing will change without a younger defensive mind. Apparently that ain't happening this year. This defensive game plan was B.S. That's on you McD.

Yes, there was one bad play on defense but with the injuries I thought that side of the ball did brilliantly.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Murdox said:

The heat was the difference, folks.  Look at how our offense kept marching down the field and the players were cramping up constantly.  If we had been in Buffalo the game would have been completely different.

Same conditions for Both teams. We just pissed this game away. No excuses.  We could have  put them away repeatedly and just pissed it away.

Unbelievable!!!!!! What I came away with is josh Allen is a bad man , sure I wanted the W but it’s a great time to be a bills fan. Injuries and the heat were just to much add in a few crucial drops that rarely happens and we lost. I’m proud of the bills today!!! And can’t wait to get a few guys back and let’s see what happens. GO BILLS 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.