Tua clears Concussion Protocol in 30 minutes.....

Inigo Montoya

3 hours ago, Beast said:

So what if he did? Playing a QB that has a concussion isn't a bad thing though it is obvious he has no effects from that hit.

It's NORMAL for a player to get concussed and then feel great 10 minutes later and be fine for the first 2-3 hours...........only to have the brain gradually swell and have excruciating headaches and symptoms for weeks.    This is why they have the protocol.........players frequently feel fine initially and want to get back into the game and then they compound the injury by taking more hits.    

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

I can only speak personally, but I’ve had a few concussions.  2 with permanent memory loss.

the first one I was knocked out for maybe a minute, then totally fine.  I wasn’t cloudy or fuzzy until the next day, so I went back in the game. This was in HS

the 2nd I have no memory for maybe 30-45 minutes.  I was knocked out but not cold.  I remember running off the field but not getting off the field.  I must not have said anything because a few minutes later I went back into the game and played 100% blackout.  At some point someone must have realized I was messed and they took my helmet and stuck me on the bench, where I came to.  Since this was college sports I had taken a “base line” test prior to the season starting.  I was given that test Monday and Tuesday and passed and was allowed to return to practice.  Had I been given that test on the sideline, after coming to, I probably would have passed right then and there.

so basically a lot of your concussion issues kinda go away immediately.  Sometimes.  

Everyone remembers Trent Edwards getting knocked silly by Adrian Wilson, coming back and beating the Chargers a week later to go to 5-1, and then literally never being good again, right?

• Like (+1) 2

Had a very similar concussion 2 years ago doing gymnastics landing on the back of my head from 7 ' with momentum carrying me back. Very similar behavior. Never fully checked but blacked out for minutes, not unconscious.

I shook it off and continued to workout because I'm a fool.

Can't convince me this wasn't a concussion.

The NFL has now has two options, admit that their concussion protocol is inadequate, or say that the protocol is fine, and the Dolphins just didn't follow it. 

Good luck Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The NFL has now has two options, admit that their concussion protocol is inadequate, or say that the protocol is fine, and the Dolphins just didn't follow it. 

Good luck Dolphins.

Should be both inadequate AND not followed.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Good luck Dolphins.

Agreed, the announcers saying his hands are a neuro response to head trauma put the NFL in a bind.  They are going to protect the shield and waste Miami. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.