Tua clears Concussion Protocol in 30 minutes.....

Inigo Montoya

I'm not quite sure how that is possible.  Announcers are mum on it.  Tua being back in the game seems to violate every bit of the protocol.

Gross Motor Instability ---- Check

Confusion -----  Check

"IF OBSERVED AT ANY POINT ---NO RETURN TO PLAY

Tua couldn't stand or walk after he hit his head on the turf. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the NFL explain this one...

Con 6.jpg

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

So what if he did? Playing a QB that has a concussion isn't a bad thing though it is obvious he has no effects from that hit.

But if all these players B word about their CTR from there chosen profession than the other players are the ones that need to police this. 

Or just stfu about getting their boo-boos

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm not quite sure how that is possible.  Announcers are mum on it.  Tua being back in the game seems to violate every bit of the protocol.

Confusion -----  Check

Con 6.jpg

It doens't really matter. Tua wasn't that good in this game. He didn't even have 200 yards passing. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To the OP:  I think this is one (of many) really interesting aspects to the game today.

Imagine your son got knocked silly in a high school football game and literally couldn't stand or walk.  He then "comes to" 10 minutes later and seems fine.

Would you want him playing football at any point that same day?

I would be scared for him to play the following week!

4 minutes ago, zevo said:

this is weak sauce to be mad that tua came back in. we had multiple chances to win. we lost.

You're missing the point entirely! 

LOL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, What a Tuel said:

I dont think anyone is mad. He literally didnt do anything in 2nd half.

It does seem to make the concussion protocol pointless though.

If they want to put their players at risk then I could personally care less..Im only worried about our players and what the Bills do

12 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

It doens't really matter. Tua wasn't that good in this game. He didn't even have 200 yards passing. 

It 100% matters if people are suing the NFL for CTE and player health is supposed to be paramount. It may not matter on the small scale of the game, but it's a huge black eye on a league that supposedly prides itself on player safety .

10 minutes ago, zevo said:

this is weak sauce to be mad that tua came back in. we had multiple chances to win. we lost.

Not just about the game dude. If you're going to flag Edmunds for a hit on a defenseless receiver because of player safety, then the league is obligated to protect a player who fell over and needed two guys to keep him on his feet. It's about the NFL double standard, not a win or loss.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Confusion -----  Check

Con 6.jpg

It was labeled as a back injury on the stat sheet

Cough cougg

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

It was labeled as a back injury on the stat sheet

Cough cougg

The NFL wanted him out there.  They made sure he was out there.  Remember, the NFL is classified as entertainment, not a sport.  I keep forgetting that when I rail against the terrible officiating.  It's like the WWE, right?  The manager distracts the ref while the guy beats the other guy with a steel chair and you're wondering how the refs could miss it.  This game sets up a big rematch later this year, which might have initially been a forgettable game with lower ratings.  Funny how the games fall, especially this seasons, so that there are few duds.  And even those that should be duds are somehow close, or upsets.

Buffalo made mistakes, on and off the field.  Not gonna deny that.  But Tua somehow clearing protocol that quickly, and the refs being so blatantly one-sided doesn't keep me from wondering if games are indeed nudged, and storylines invented.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.