Is the Bills approach to injuries too conservative?

Einstein

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

ScottLaw burner account?

oh no.  scott is way better than this guy.  he has his bitter opinions, but the op is an embarrassment to himself.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Could you fill a cavity with a broken hand?

i would have to chop it off, and add a handpiece attachment.  i'd spend a lot of money on it, so it would likely be better than my actual hand.  so yes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Wow. The majority disagreeing with an opinion does not mean it is a bad opinion. That’s hilarious that you actually believe that.

History is littered with the majority having the wrong idea. From the expanding earth theory which the majority espoused including Darwin. To everyone believing the earth was flat. To phrenology. To my namesakes static universe. 

I have no care for being popular or having a post with lots of “likes”. I care about seeking out truth, whether it’s positive, negative, or otherwise. 

That being said, I don’t want to disrespect this forum by continuing an argument of attrition that isn’t on topic. So again, you may have the last word.

This is a great post!  I can assure you a few of us here think like you do, but not many.

It took me a while to figure out that most people here employ a "religious" type of thinking when it comes to their fandom.  I.E., they are willing to exchange the truth for that which feels good, as is necessary.

They aren't here to learn the truth; they are here to feel good and support their already held views on things, which they prefer, because they make them feel good.

We are at a point as a nation where a sizable contingent of the country feels this way about lots more than football.

It's terrifying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

See the other thread discussing Benford's broken bone in his hand !

I don't know if we are too conservative, but it doesn't seem that way to me.

If guys are injured, they can't play!  It's kind of that simple.

That’s what it ended up being? A broken hand?

Definitely an overreaction then.

CB’s play through broken hands all the time. I remember Ward played an entire season on his broken hand.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

This is a great post!  I can assure you a few of us here think like you do, but not many.

It took me a while to figure out that most people here employ a "religious" type of thinking when it comes to their fandom.  I.E., they are willing to exchange the truth for that which feels good, as is necessary.

They aren't here to learn the truth; they are here to feel good and support their already held views on things, which they prefer, because they make them feel good.

We are at a point as a nation where a sizable contingent of the country feels this way about lots more than football.

It's terrifying.

Yeah i’m noticing that as well.

Its unfortunate because with the mindset they have their mind isn’t open to anything except their own opinions.

• Eyeroll 1

For those arguing Buffalo is being too conservative, Gabe Davis was out there trying to tough it out, and he was not effective. Buffalo has been very fortunate to be relatively healthy the past 3 or so seasons. Per Football Outsiders in 2020 Buffalo only missed 43.1 games due to non COVID related precautions. That was 4th fewest in the league. Even taking in COVID related missed games it was 63.1 which was 9th fewest.

We are seeing a regression to the mean. In plain speak the law of averages is catching up with Buffalo, unfortunately all at once. Baltimore who had also been fortunate with injuries went through the injury bug last season.

Maybe Buffalo is a bit conservative with injuries. They aren't the only team to do so if true. Green Bay is very conservative with injuries in general. It means they want guys to play when they are 100% or close to it. This is the opposite of the Jets who had a mini scandal prior to Saleh and the current staff. The Jets were pushing injured guys to play. The way teams deal with players who are injured has to be a factor in how free agents rate teams they want to sign with.

Established teams with a culture of winning find new ways to win and stay competitive. Green Bay won with a running game in week 1, and defense yesterday. Baltimore stayed competitive all season last year and almost made the playoffs.

Injuries are piling up all over the league. The Chargers just lost their starting LT (torn biceps) on top of Herbert breaking rib cartilage. This is shaping up to be a season of NFL attrition. Maybe there is too little pre-season, maybe the open style of play is leading to more injuries. Hard to tell.

It is going to be a bumpy ride this season. Let's see how Buffalo manages the adversity. It will show strengths or weaknesses in coaching and the front office.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Einstein said:

It seems that any injury to a player is game ending or more than a week in length under the McD regime.

Benford hurts his HAND and he hasn’t been on the field since.

Morse came back in against the Titans, played well, and is now out against the Dolphins.

Was Spencer Brown injured or benched today?

Kumerow ankle twist will probably be months at this staffs rate of allowing players to return.

The_Stupid__It_Burns_by_Plognark.png&f=1

• Haha (+1) 5

23 hours ago, Einstein said:

It seems that any injury to a player is game ending or more than a week in length under the McD regime.

Benford hurts his HAND and he hasn’t been on the field since.

Morse came back in against the Titans, played well, and is now out against the Dolphins.

Was Spencer Brown injured or benched today?

Kumerow ankle twist will probably be months at this staffs rate of allowing players to return.

So now you're not just one of history's greatest psychological experts, but also a medical expert too.  Impressive.

Curious, how long did you spend coming up with this thesis?  I mean the level of your medical expertise really shines through here

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It's terrifying.

Crock......of......baloney.

jmo

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

For those arguing Buffalo is being too conservative, Gabe Davis was out there trying to tough it out, and he was not effective. Buffalo has been very fortunate to be relatively healthy the past 3 or so seasons. Per Football Outsiders in 2020 Buffalo only missed 43.1 games due to non COVID related precautions. That was 4th fewest in the league. Even taking in COVID related missed games it was 63.1 which was 9th fewest.

We are seeing a regression to the mean. In plain speak the law of averages is catching up with Buffalo, unfortunately all at once. Baltimore who had also been fortunate with injuries went through the injury bug last season.

Maybe Buffalo is a bit conservative with injuries. They aren't the only team to do so if true. Green Bay is very conservative with injuries in general. It means they want guys to play when they are 100% or close to it. This is the opposite of the Jets who had a mini scandal prior to Saleh and the current staff. The Jets were pushing injured guys to play. The way teams deal with players who are injured has to be a factor in how free agents rate teams they want to sign with.

Established teams with a culture of winning find new ways to win and stay competitive. Green Bay won with a running game in week 1, and defense yesterday. Baltimore stayed competitive all season last year and almost made the playoffs.

Injuries are piling up all over the league. The Chargers just lost their starting LT (torn biceps) on top of Herbert breaking rib cartilage. This is shaping up to be a season of NFL attrition. Maybe there is too little pre-season, maybe the open style of play is leading to more injuries. Hard to tell.

It is going to be a bumpy ride this season. Let's see how Buffalo manages the adversity. It will show strengths or weaknesses in coaching and the front office.

Go Bills!

now THIS is a post I respect because it is reasoned and articulate.  I want to add that "being healthy enough to play NFL football" has got to be  vastly different medically than what we joe blow fans think may or may not be adequate for ourselves. The Bills cannot risk reaggravating a previous injury by bringing a guy back too soon. We have a world class facility doing state of the art scientifically and medically available procedures/protocls to heal these men asap/

Our limited experience and knowledge is so lacking that to compare it to an NFL program is Ri-dic-ulous

m

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

That’s what it ended up being? A broken hand?

Definitely an overreaction then.

CB’s play through broken hands all the time. I remember Ward played an entire season on his broken hand.

Yeah i’m noticing that as well.

Its unfortunate because with the mindset they have their mind isn’t open to anything except their own opinions.

Or your threads are just terrible...so theres that too.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

This thread is aging like Limburger cheese in a humid New York Subway....

After seeing what has gone down the past couple of weeks with Miami, and around the league I can't imagine why the Bills are cautious about injuries.

I think it's fair. 

I don't necessarily disagree with the Bills approach, but a guy like Xavien Howard probably doesn't play last Sunday or last night if he's on the Bills.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.