NFL week 3 Around the league game day discussion. Who you rooting for?

SlimShady'sSpaceForce

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chargers are bad

And it's official: the Jags are actually kind of good.

Last year I saw them getting to around where the Bills were a few years ago. Lots of talent, playing some competitive games, Lawrence starting to get it, etc., etc. But not finishing games. Now it's happening.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MRW said:

I'm impressed by the Jags. I don't know what it is about the Chargers, for a team with so much talent on paper they come up small.

I’m telling you, Herbert has a bad habit of coming up small, despite all his talent.  He really should not be playing today, though…and Jacksonville is pretty good this year.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Chargers are getting hammered

Chargers being Chargers. I don't know what it is about them. We can't blame Philip Rivers anymore. They still objectively are in the top 8 or so teams talent wise, but it just never clicks.

Now the Chargers are stupidly playing Herbert, Ekeler, a bunch of other starters, down 28 points with 4 minutes left.

A very revealing weekend so far in the NFL:

- Chargers are pretenders until they show they're not. Same with the Cards. Raiders were and still are not ready for prime time. Pats are trash.

- Dolphins/Jags are for real

- Bills are still the cream of the crop, but injuries (and away games) will catch up with anyone in the modern NFL. QUESTION FOR MR GOODELL: Bills play the Dolphins twice a year. How about September in Buffalo, December in Miami? Do you actually enjoy players cramping up and fainting in Miami in September? 

- Packers are still the Packers, Rams are still the Rams

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

- Chargers are pretenders until they show they're not. Same with the Cards. Raiders were and still are not ready for prime time. Pats are trash.

- Bills are still the cream of the crop, but injuries (and away games) will catch up with anyone in the modern NFL. QUESTION FOR MR GOODELL: Bills play the Dolphins twice a year. How about September in Buffalo, December in Miami? Do you actually enjoy players cramping up and fainting in Miami in September? 

The Dolphins are not for real. Not yet anyway. The took advantage of a shredded secondary last week and the Bills beat themselves today. When they beat a good side due to the quality they possess, rather than injuries and/or errors of their opponents, then I'll take note.

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Pretty much

But the Dolphins and Jags are playoff teams - for Miami to be "for real," they'll have to win a few more games without the other team beating itself first.   

Especially ones playing backups all over the place.  

My AFC power rankings:

Bills

Ravens 

Chargers 

Chiefs 

Bengals 

Dolphins

Browns/Jags

Everyone else is is irrelevant.  

Edited by Big Blitz

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

The Dolphins are not for real. Not yet anyway. The took advantage of a shredded secondary last week and the Bills beat themselves today. When they beat a good side due to the quality they possess, rather than injuries and/or errors of their opponents, then I'll take note.

It's a very solid football team carrying over from last year that's added one of the biggest playmakers in the NFL. I'm not saying they're favorites to win anything, but I'm not seeing any glaring weaknesses (run game maybe?) either. And they seem to be well coached now. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It's a very solid football team carrying over from last year that's added one of the biggest playmakers in the NFL. I'm not saying they're favorites to win anything, but I'm not seeing any glaring weaknesses (run game maybe?) either. And they seem to be well coached now. 

Quarterback for one. They scraped over 200 yards against a battered second and third string, and only managed that due to one busted play on 3 and 22.

Edited by UKBillFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.