NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You still make zero sense.

So when the Bills win in blowout fashion in the same weather in the same stadium a year ago, it's not unfair, but if they lose to the Fins in the same weather yesterday, now it's somehow an unfair advantage Miami has?

Are you even listening to yourself?

I didn't see players dropping on the field last year.  We did this year....multiple.  We had players who couldn't finish the game because of heat exhaustion.  

If we won yesterday, I would have the same complaints.  

If I saw players dropping last year even in a blow out, I would have the same complaints.  

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Is there a block function?  LOL, I must be looking in the wrong place if there is.

Hover over a username; when the screen pops up there will be an Ignore button in the lower right hand corner.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't see players dropping on the field last year.  We did this year....multiple.  We had players who couldn't finish the game because of heat exhaustion.  

If we won yesterday, I would have the same complaints.  

If I saw players dropping last year even in a blow out, I would have the same complaints.  

Geez dude, let it go.  It was a tough loss but trying to claim it was because of the weather is a bridge waaay to far.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Hover over a username; when the screen pops up there will be an Ignore button in the lower right hand corner.

Sometimes the answer is so simple it seems complicated, lol.

Edited by Billz4ever

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Geez dude, let it go.  It was a tough loss but trying to claim it was because of the weather is a bridge waaay to far.

Anyone who doesn't think the weather was a MAJOR factor yesterday must've watched a different game than me. 

THE reason? No. An absolutely MAJOR contributing factor? Indisputably. 

One need only look at the Bills missing their starting right tackle for the majority of the game due to "heat related illness" and Diggs having to come off the field every other play in the fourth quarter to know that the heat was an enormous factor. OR just listen to the MULTIPLE players who literally said so, including Josh Allen, who said it was "tough to even take a breath" a lot of the time.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't say it was the only reason, I said it had a major effect on us.  We all saw it.

We did all see it and when you go in with a game plan to chew clock with a bunch of players not acclimatized to that heat and humidity, the outcome shouldn't have been a big surprise.

Just now, Logic said:

Anyone who doesn't think the weather was a MAJOR factor yesterday must've watched a different game than me. 

THE reason? No. An absolutely MAJOR contributing factor? Indisputably. 

One need only look at the Bills missing their starting right tackle for the majority of the game due to "heat related illness" and Diggs having to come off the field every other play in the fourth quarter to know that the heat was an enormous factor. OR just listen to the MULTIPLE players who literally said so, including Josh Allen, who said it was "tough to even take a breath" a lot of the time.

The heat was a factor for the #1 reason being the bills players are not acclimatized to that heat and humidity, followed by #2 being they were on the field for 42 minutes of the game.  Miami has to play in the same heat and humidity, but their bodies are more acclimatized to doing so.  

This is not some unfair advantage however considering the Bills wiped the field with them last year in nearly identical temp and humidity.

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The heat was a factor for the #1 reason being the bills players are not acclimatized to that heat and humidity, followed by #2 being they were on the field for 42 minutes of the game.  Miami has to play in the same heat and humidity, but their bodies are more acclimatized to doing so.  

This is not some unfair advantage however considering the Bills wiped the field with them last year in nearly identical temp and humidity.

Your word salad contradicts itself. If the Bills aren't acclimated to the heat and the Dolphins are, that means the heat was an advantage for the Dolphins. It also means that the heat was an obvious contributing factor to the final outcome.

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Your word salad contradicts itself. If the Bills aren't acclimated to the heat and the Dolphins are, that means the heat was an advantage for the Dolphins. It also means that the heat was an obvious contributing factor to the final outcome.

No, it does not contradict.  Both teams play in it.  One team is simply used to it more than the other.

Some stadiums are louder than others. Is that an unfair advantage too?

15 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

No, it does not contradict.  Both teams play in it.  One team is simply used to it more than the other.

Some stadiums are louder than others. Is that an unfair advantage too?

When players start dropping to the ground because the stadium is too loud i’ll take it as a good comparison to what I seen yesterday 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

When players start dropping to the ground because the stadium is too loud i’ll take it as a good comparison to what I seen yesterday 

Your take: when the Bills beat them 35-0 in the same stadium a year ago in almost identical weather, I say nothing.

If the Bills lose to them I will now blame it on the weather and it's not fair.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

14 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Your take: when the Bills beat them 35-0 in the same stadium a year ago in almost identical weather, I say nothing.

If the Bills lose to them I will now blame it on the weather and it's not fair.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

When the game was over after 30 minutes and we were in coasting mode. Maybe that has something to do with it. Kind of makes sense, Miami was a disaster at the start of last year.  Come on man, Even at the start of the game the announcers were saying that Tua made a comment about it being the ultimate home advantage.

Edited by BananaB

15 minutes ago, BananaB said:

When the game was over after 30 minutes and we were in coasting mode. Maybe that has something to do with it. Kind of makes sense, Miami was a disaster at the start of last year.  Come on man, Even at the start of the game the announcers were saying that Tua made a comment about it being the ultimate home advantage.

So what?  I don't understand the point.  Denver has an advantage too since they are more used to the thin air.

Is every team in the NFL supposed to play in a dome?  

This is really the first time really ever heard Bills fans complain so much about the weather in Miami and I can guarantee if they'd won, you wouldn't hear 1/2 the complaining you do now.

It's an easy crutch to try and blame the loss on, but when you only have to rewind to last season when the temp was 1 degree off what it was yesterday and the Bills smoked them, those complaints ring hollow and can easily be seen for what they are.

Edited by Billz4ever

9 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So what?  I don't understand the point.  Denver has an advantage too over they being more used to the thin air.

Is every team in the NFL supposed to play in a dome?  

No.  You can physically play through cold weather, you can physically play through thin air, you can physically play through loud stadiums.

Once you are at the point of heat exhaustion, your body is done.  When the elements are that bad, it's the supreme advantage.  

In Denver, they allow oxygen tanks.  You can use hand signals in loud stadiums.  You have heaters and huge jackets when it's cold.

The Bills offense played a lot in the heat and sun.  They went to the sideline, heat and sun they were still exposed to almost all game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.