NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

3 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Phins D played really well... Offense after first 2 drives looked just a little out of synch enough so they couldnt finish drives.

Probably because our offense had guys popping in and out of the game because of heat.  Receivers going in and out.  Davis wasnt really ready but Kumerow got hurt.  Our entire line was different besides Dawkins.  I think we were on our 3rd string center at points of the game. Diggs and McK going in and out of the game.  Those things seriously disrupt everything.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Need less than a yard, Josh is in shotgun.  What that tells me is Dorsey had no confidence in the line today.  Miami ran it against us in goal to go yardage and has success.  No reason why we can't do the same unless they have convinced themselves they can't.  Hell, run 3 straight QB sneaks for crying out loud.  You needed less than a yard. 

I know it's been discussed a lot but it just drives me crazy - who doesn't think if Josh tries to fall forward 3 times he doesn't get in once.  Freaking QB sneak is automatic for 80 yrd old Brady for 20 yrs - how can they not expect Josh to be successful once in multipe tries

• Like (+1) 1

I get maybe if it's like goal to go and 5+ yards.  But less than a yard?  Are you kidding me?

My wife was trying to figure out what I was pissed about when I started mf'ing the formation as soon as they came to the line. :blush:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

More encouraged than not about today. You’ve all seen the laundry list. It took many things to go the Dolphins way. The fact is we should have easily won this game despite playing with half our team.

Still, credit where it is due. While the Dolphins offense didn’t do all that much, their defense played great albeit dirty. That defensive back did strip the ball from Davis so that’s a play they made not just Davis dropping it. They made it really tough on Allen despite being on the field all day. But with a healthy offensive line I’m not worried about that matchup. 

Bass has to be reliving that 38 yarder over and over unless there was a snap or holding issue.

If we get a few more bodies back I’m actually thinking this has the makings of a spanking for Baltimore with some pent up feelings about this game.

Week 3: Adversity

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I hear you.  They could very well implode.  The Bills are clearly superior.  Does not mean they are trash like I read all week on here. 

I don't think they're trash, but I don't think they're anywhere as good as their record either.  If you can barely break 200 yds of offense against a team with basically 1/2 their defensive starters out, If I'm a Miami fan, I'm not thinking Super Bowl this year.

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

More encouraged than not about today. You’ve all seen the laundry list. It took many things to go the Dolphins way. The fact is we should have easily won this game despite playing with half our team.

Still, credit where it is due. While the Dolphins offense didn’t do all that much, their defense played great albeit dirty. That defensive back did strip the ball from Davis so that’s a play they made not just Davis dropping it. They made it really tough on Allen despite being on the field all day. But with a healthy offensive line I’m not worried about that matchup. 

Bass has to be reliving that 38 yarder over and over unless there was a snap or holding issue.

If we get a few more bodies back I’m actually thinking this has the makings of a spanking for Baltimore with some pent up feelings about this game.

Week 3: Adversity

Tua made some very good throws. 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

The Bills need a straight up power back for short yardage situations. Yes, the line needs to block better but I also want a brute that can carry a player across the damned line of scrimmage if he's hit behind it.

It's more a line blocking issue.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

The Bills need a straight up power back for short yardage situations. Yes, the line needs to block better but I also want a brute that can carry a player across the damned line of scrimmage if he's hit behind it.

It doesn't matter what back you have if the person calling the plays has no faith in the O-line to be able pick up less than a yard with 3 cracks at it.   You could have the Fridge, Earl Campbell, or Christian Okoye back there and it wouldn't matter.

Moss has the size to be the goal line back and he's impressed me with a lot of the carries he's had this year.

Just now, Billz4ever said:

It doesn't matter what back you have if the person calling the plays has no faith in the O-line to be able pick up less than a yard with 3 cracks at it.   You could have the Fridge, Earl Campbell, or Christian Okoye back there and it wouldn't matter.

Moss has the size to be the goal line back and he's impressed me with a lot of the carries he's had this year.

I still want a guy on the roster I know will 90 percent of the time bang in there and get the first down or TD. Regardless of the o-line run blocking, we could use a back like that.

Did you mean The Bus? ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Since1981 said:

I guess our fullback is for show only

JA was clutching his left hand right on sideline on that grounder to Dirty in the  end zone. It’s over if that left hand is _____ <anything>

There was a trainer working on his right hand on the sideline late in the game. :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's almost like the strategy of long drives backfired on the Bills. It kept our D fresher but also the Dolphins offense. Meantime our offense was gassed but the Dolphins were just better enough.

I dont think it was their intended strategy.  It was more like what the D was giving them and the time Josh didnt have in the pocket.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.