NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every single one of these losses is followed up with a laundry list of excuses. We don’t win close tough games. Enough excusing it. The coach needs to be better on game day. Period.

I agree...

Whats even more annoying is 5 seconds later people saying "they have already moved on" after the loss,...

If the losses dont matter, how can you savour the wins?

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They are a playoff team… do they beat us out for the division? Not unless Josh is out long term. 

My concern isn’t the Dolphins. It’s the 1 seed…. And more blown games like today they will ***** that up for sure.

Luckily there are no more games playing in 100 heat coming off a short week after playing a physical opponent on Monday night. 

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

3rd and 22, 3-man rush.  How do you allow a deep ball that wide open with 8 in coverage?  That was the time to bring pressure.  If your secondary is decimated, you don't give the opposing QB time to find the holes.  

That was the play of the game in my view.

I’m arbitrarily choosing to blame the Matt Milano dropped pick six that hit him right in the mitts but there’s a lot to choose from 

Just now, DCbillsfan said:

Weather is not weather when you're talking that kind of heat and humidity.  Your body actually adjusts to those conditions.  Losing fluids to a point where you are cramping up and can't breathe is terrible.  It just sucks.  I live here in DC and deal with that crap in July and August.  I'm guessing you don't live in heat.

I live in Tennessee which can get a little warm. 

I don’t agree it’s an unfair advantage though. They prepared the best they could for heat, and still chose to throw 60+ passes while controlling time of possession all day. They should have been able to run right over Miami the entire 4th quarter. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I feel good about their talent and ability to be in every game, but make no mistake this was a blown opportunity that could haunt the Bills come playoff time. The Super Bowl is the only thing that matters for this group anymore and their chances took a hit today. 

Yes blown opportunity for sure. But again it's week 3 there are so many unknowns about the season still to come. I hate losing, especially a division game, but it's way to early to say this haunts us come playoff time. We have no idea what any team will look like by then. Tough loss today but in no way does this kill our season.

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

And they should be blitzing more. Instead of playing soft zone on 3rd and long. 

That right there is what gets this coaching staff in trouble.

Against the Rams and Titans, we were getting pressure on the majority of plays just rushing 4.

This coaching staff hasn't figured it out yet that if you're not getting good pressure with just the front 4, you're going to have to blitz a backer or something.  Far too often they think they can get away with this and with a secondary depleted by injuries, you most certainly cannot.  

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The goal isn't to be fine. As in the 2 or 3 seed or just win the division. The goal is to get the one seed. As of right now I would not say we are fine. That said, we certainly can beat any team any day. But we won't be cruising to a one seed unfortunately. 

Have some mild and cookies. You’ll be fine too.

57 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

2nd game in a row that Josh has tossed a ball into the ground on a simple short pass to the sideline.  Let’s hope this trend doesn’t continue. 

Josh shouldn't be in the position of having to throw it 63 times in a game either.  This was supposed to be the year we finally got a complementary running game to take some heat off Josh.  Saw some flashes against LA, but outside of the long run by Moss today, I'm not impressed. Josh is incredible, but we can't expect perfection from him every week. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I live in Tennessee which can get a little warm. 

I don’t agree it’s an unfair advantage though. They prepared the best they could for heat, and still chose to throw 60+ passes while controlling time of possession all day. They should have been able to run right over Miami the entire 4th quarter. 

We'll just disagree on the weather issue.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I just think it’s a bad look for our fanbase. People saying OSHA should be brought in to investigate, etc.. I get people are upset, but cmon. both teams played in it on the exact same field. After all the nonsense and injuries we had TWO chances to win the game at the end, and blew em both.

The way it's supposed to work is the defense that's on the field the whole game is the team that is supposed to be in trouble with fatigue.  It was our own offense that it appeared to impact more, not Miami's D.  It was hot. It was hot for Miami and their D was on the field for 42 mins compared to 18 for ours.  That clearly should've worked in our favor, but it didn't.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

They got to 3-0 somehow.  Keep underestimating them......

How many times did the Bills start off like gangbusters in the lean years only to implode later? A Bills fan of all people should know better than to making a huge deal about 3-0.

You're going to have to really try hard to convince me why I'm supposed to be impressed by a team that barely broke 200 yards of offense against a decimated defense.

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The way it's supposed to work is the defense that's on the field the whole game is the team that is supposed to be in trouble with fatigue.  It was our own offense that it appeared to impact more, not Miami's D.  It was hot. It was hot for Miami and their D was on the field for 42 mins compared to 18 for ours.  That clearly should've worked in our favor, but it didn't.  

And it has to be asked why they coped far better with it than us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.