NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

19 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So what?  I don't understand the point.  Denver has an advantage too since they are more used to the thin air.

Is every team in the NFL supposed to play in a dome?  

This is really the first time really ever heard Bills fans complain so much about the weather in Miami and I can guarantee if they'd won, you wouldn't hear 1/2 the complaining you do now.

It's an easy crutch to try and blame the loss on, but when you only have to rewind to last season when the temp was 1 degree off what it was yesterday and the Bills smoked them, those complaints ring hollow and can easily be seen for what they are.

It’s a plain and simple fact that you don’t understand what shade is and how it effects sunlight 

Edited by BananaB

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No.  You can physically play through cold weather, you can physically play through thin air, you can physically play through loud stadiums.

Once you are at the point of heat exhaustion, your body is done.  When the elements are that bad, it's the supreme advantage.  

In Denver, they allow oxygen tanks.  You can use hand signals in loud stadiums.  You have heaters and huge jackets when it's cold.

The Bills offense played a lot in the heat and sun.  They went to the sideline, heat and sun they were still exposed to almost all game.

Wrong, in Denver, the thin air impacts the vistors more than it does the home team because the home team's bodies have adjusted to having less O2.  This is another physiological fact that you fail to grasp, just like heat acclimatization.  

Until you grasp some basic human physiological facts, you should probably stop talking because it's from a position of pure ignorance that you are.

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

It’s a plain and simple fact that you don’t understand what shade is

So when the Bills win 35-0 in the same temp, on the same field in the same sun, all good.

When they lose, "But mua SHADE!!!"

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Edited by Billz4ever

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Wrong, in Denver, the thin air impacts the vistors more than it does the home team because the home team's bodies have adjusted to having less O2.  This is another physiological fact that you fail to grasp, just like heat acclimatization.  

Until you grasp some basic human physiological facts, you should probably stop talking because it's from a position of pure ignorance that you are.

Let me know when you see players dropping on the field in Denver.

I’ve trained in Denver and in very hot heat in Florida.  The heat was significantly worse.

Its not a fact its worse in Denver is worse lol.  Stop talking like you’re smart.

Get heat exhaustion once and then get back to me.  

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Lets look at this

Dolphins have shade on sideline , by design. Away team gets None

Its an unfair advantage on purpose.
Not the same if Everyone gets cold and Everyone gets thin air. Poor argument.

I am not even going to get into the player safety aspect.

But I will also say there are no excuses when you lose. Just reasonings that you can improve from Exp. The team has made none.

Forgive our passion btw

Edited by 3rdand12

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Lets look at this

Dolphins have shade on sideline , by design. Away team gets None

Its an unfair advantage on purpose.
Not the same if Everyone gets cold and Everyone gets thin air. Poor argument.

I am not even going to get into the player safety aspect.
 But I wil aslo say there are no excuse when you lose. Just reasonings that you can improve rom learneing !

Oh, so the fact the bills offense was on the field for nearly 3 quarters had nothing to do with it?  It was all the "But the SHADE!" argument?

Tell me, where was that "But the SHADE!" argument last year when the Bills beat them 35-0 when the temp was only different by one degree?

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Let me know when you see players dropping on the field in Denver.

I’ve trained in Denver and in very hot heat in Florida.  The heat was significantly worse.

Its not a fact its worse in Denver is worse lol.  Stop talking like you’re smart.

Get heat exhaustion once and then get back to me.  

Blocking ignorance as deep as yours brings a smile to my face.

Edited by Billz4ever

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Oh, so the fact the bills offense was on the field for nearly 3 quarters had nothing to do with it?  It was all the "But the SHADE!" argument?

Tell me, where was that "But the SHADE!" argument last year when the Bills beat them 35-0 when the temp was only different by one degree?

Blocking ignorance as deep as your brings a smile to my face.

Multiple people arguing with you…wonder why that is?  You’re the smartest and toughest guy on these boards.

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So when the Bills win 35-0 in the same temp, on the same field in the same sun, all good.

When they lose, "But mua SHADE!!!"

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Bad argument imo. Last year's game was all but over 8 minutes into the game and pretty much sealed when Tua got injured the next series. They coasted the rest of the way. The time of possession was also equal, so neither offense or defense was on the field for an excessive amount of time. Also a bunch of backups were brought in during the 4th quarter because it was a blowout.

Nothing like yesterday where the game came down to the last play and the offense was on the field for over 40 minutes. 

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Blocking ignorance as deep as yours brings a smile to my face.

I said it was an unfair advantage designed into the stadium against any Away team.
and I said it is Not an an excuse.

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

I said it was an unfair advantage designed into the stadium against any Away team.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Multiple people arguing with you…wonder why that is?  You’re the smartest and toughest guy on these boards.

Not sure what he is defending at this point lol

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Bad argument imo. Last year's game was all but over 8 minutes into the game and pretty much sealed when Tua got injured the next series. They coasted the rest of the way. The time of possession was also equal, so neither offense or defense was on the field for an excessive amount of time. Also a bunch of backups were brought in during the 4th quarter because it was a blowout.

Nothing like yesterday where the game came down to the last play and the offense was on the field for over 40 minutes. 

Bad argument?  My argument is bad?  LMAO 

Your argument is to the effect of: the Bills smoked them quick last year, so it's OK.  If we lose though like we did yesterday, now it's an unfair advantage.

That is literally your argument.

Too funny.

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Not sure what he is defending at this point lol

Funny, it's most certainly is being used as an excuse, but claiming it's an unfair advantage rings hollow when the Bills went in there a smoked them in almost identical conditions last season.  

If literally the only difference is the Bills won last year and you heard crickets about heat, but now you're hearing it all over, it's definitely a homer excuse.

I can't stand homer excuses even when it's for my own team.

Edited by Billz4ever

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Bad argument?  My argument is bad?  LMAO 

Your argument is to the effect of: the Bills smoked them quick last year, so it's OK.  If we lose though like we did yesterday, now it's an unfair advantage.

That is literally your argument.

Too funny.

No it's not. When playing a team that you go up 14-0 in under 8 minutes to start the game and then knock out the starting QB on the next drive, you tend to coast and play more players than when it's never more than a 1 score game to the end.

You can argue this till your blue in the face, but I'm right about this and you are wrong. There's nothing you can say that will change that. The fact you are arguing with a bunch of people with no one having the same opinion as yours should say something. But hey, what do I know?😉

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

No it's not. When playing a team that you go up 14-0 in under 8 minutes to start the game and then knock out the starting QB on the next drive, you tend to coast and play more players than when it's never more than a 1 score game to the end.

You can argue this till your blue in the face, but I'm right about this and you are wrong. There's nothing you can say that will change that. The fact you are arguing with a bunch of people with no one having the same opinion as yours should say something. But hey, what do I know?😉

Once again, proving my point. When the Bills win, crickets about heat.

When they lose...wait, unfair, unfair!!!

That is a homer attitude and homer excuse if I've ever seen one.

And this board is full of homers, so the fact there are multiple people spouting homer nonsense, doesn't help you, nor does it prove you right.  Just thought you should know, K?

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Once again, proving my point. When the Bills win, crickets about heat.

When they lose...wait, unfair, unfair!!!

That is a homer attitude and homer excuse if I've ever seen one.

And this board is full of homers, so the fact there are multiple people spouting homer nonsense, doesn't help you, nor does it prove you right.  Just thought you should know, K?

But you still fail to acknowledge that in a blowout players aren't going as hard as a game when you are down 1 score. AND you get to empty your bench in the 4th quarter up 35-0 so players aren't playing the whole game.

It wasn't an issue last year BECAUSE of these facts and if it wasn't an issue because of these facts,, why would one complain? A much higher snap count while playing all 4 quarters equals a bigger effect on players, K?

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But you still fail to acknowledge that in a blowout players aren't going as hard as a game when you are down 1 score. AND you get to empty your bench in the 4th quarter up 35-0 so players aren't playing the whole game.

It wasn't an issue last year BECAUSE of these facts and if it wasn't an issue because of these facts,, why would one complain? A much higher snap count while playing all 4 quarters equals a bigger effect on players, K?

Wow, you really don't get it.

Again, Bills play well, kick fin tail, you don't hear a peep about heat.

Bills lose and the heat affects them because their offense is on the field for almost 3 quarters, now we can't have that.

Sure sign of a homer is not recognizing the hypocrisy of their own argument.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Good God I'm tired of the fish ballwashing already. You had one job Bills. One. And you failed. Ugh. Hope the Bengals smoke those clowns 

a bit harsh. 

11 starters down. 

the Fish starters beat a practice squad 

as to TNF 

Go Bungles 

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Wow, you really don't get it.

Again, Bills play well, kick fin tail, you don't hear a peep about heat.

Bills lose and the heat affects them because their offense is on the field for almost 3 quarters, now we can't have that.

Sure sign of a homer is not recognizing the hypocrisy of their own argument.

Last year was there players exiting the field left and right because of heat related issues like yesterday? Nope not 1 player last year left the game because of that. Again if that's the case, which it is, why would one complain? You literally make absolutely no sense.

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I’ve not seen/ heard of many people 

crucifying the Bills for the loss 

sure some critics can cry coaching 

but they know that up to 11 starters were out throughout the game 

Other than Brandt briefly mentioning us being 'gassed', no reference to the fact Tua was facing a reserve secondary for the second week in a row and the O Line checked out in the fourth quarter, creating issues with production. At least they didn't say the Dolphins are complete but very poor otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Sorry but I disagree.  Time and time again coaches have lost going for it in what analytics say.  Also you are assuming analytics say go for it in that situation... down, distance, score, time left, etc.  There are many variables to it than just down and distance.  That field goal is typically automatic... especially for Bass.  Its unfortunate he missed but IMO it was still the right call.  If McD went for it on 4th and 4 and they didnt get it then people would be talking about how not taking the points there lost the game and you know it.

and 4 is not short.  Its almost half the distance.  Short is 1 or 2.

That FG is automatic for most kickers so the numbers have already accounted for that. Your argument is actually hurting your position because the analytics don't know the Bills offense and Josh are the ones going for it. It's safe to say they are an above average offense.

Then there's the issue of making a FG and gaining a six point lead is actually worse, because now the dolphins have to go for it on 4th down and the win. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.