NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Underrated play of the game was the ensuing kickoff/punt after the safety.

The guy crushes a punt 73 yards and Crowder proceeds to take a dump, dancing around instead of just sprinting down the left sideline.

Should've started the drive at around the 35-40 yard line. Instead, they start at the 23.

That was huge.

We need a better kick returner. Crowder ain't it.

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

And that's all it is is an excuse.  At the end of the game, you either played better than the other team and made fewer mistakes or you didn't and lost.  Trying to blame this or that is simply not taking responsibility and not being accountable for how you executed or failed to execute on the field.

And as far as the sun goes, the players had popups to sit under so they weren't directly in the sun, not to mention the misting fans and all the electrolytes they can handle.

Maybe it had to do more with our offense being on the field for 42 minutes and not being able to come away with points rather than trying to blame it on the orange ball in the sky.

Point out to me the pop up tents?

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Will the cold prevent them from playing in the game?  Like, will Dolphins players have to go to the lockeroom to get an IV or collapsing on the field because of cramps....in the cold?  The Bills had many players that were physically unable to play.  The Dolphins sideline didn't have to deal with the sun, they sat comfortably in the shade which is 15 degrees cooler.

Bills players will be much more acclimatized to the cold vs players living and playing in 80-degree weather every week.  This is a proven scientific fact and claiming otherwise is simply ignorance.  I grew up in Syracuse and now live in FL.  When I lived in NY, the cold didn't phase me.  I go there now in the winter and freeze my butt off.

https://time.com/5712904/adjust-to-cold-weather/

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Point out to me the pop up tents?

I literally saw them on TV.  Imagine claiming that because they aren't there in a tweet you posted, that means they were never there.  They are portable you know and can literally be setup in a couple minutes.

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

It's a plain and simple fact that people who are used to the cold will handle it better than someone acclimatized to 80-degree weather.  

It's a plain and simple fact that people who are used to the cold will handle it better than someone acclimatized to 80-degree weather.  This is a proven scientific fact.

It is also a proven scientific fact that sitting in the sun all day can lead to heat exhaustion.  It's also a scientific fact that the shade is cooler than direct sun.

How many times have you seen a visiting player in 30 degree weather in Buffalo come out of the game because of the cold?

The Bills weren't able to play because of cramps and heat exhaustion.  They physically couldn't play.

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Bills players will be much more acclimatized to the cold vs players living and playing in 80-degree weather every week.  This is a proven scientific fact and claiming otherwise is simply ignorance.  I grew up in Syracuse and now live in FL.  When I lived in NY, the cold didn't phase me.  I go there now in the winter and freeze my butt off.

https://time.com/5712904/adjust-to-cold-weather/

It is a proven fact that sitting in the sun is hotter than sitting in the shade.  

30 degree weather is nothing to a football player.  If it was that cold for them, they wouldn't wear short sleeves lol.  

It is also a proven scientific fact that sitting in the sun all day can lead to heat exhaustion.  It's also a scientific fact that the shade is cooler than direct sun.

How many times have you seen a visiting player in 30 degree weather in Buffalo come out of the game because of the cold?

The Bills weren't able to play because of cramps and heat exhaustion.  They physically couldn't play.

Excuses.  Blaming anything and everything instead of what they actually did on the field.  The offense was on the field for 42 minutes running long drives including a 20 play one...so tell me, what difference would shade have made?

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Excuses.  Blaming anything and everything instead of what they actually did on the field.  The offense was on the field for 42 minutes running long drives including a 20 play one...so tell me, what difference would shade have made?

Because the Dolphins defense could get off the field into the cooler shade between plays whilst the offense was still in baking heat? You wonder why the Bills offense went down with cramps and sickness (Josh threw up on the sidelines at one point) whilst their defense was fine?

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Well, they would get a break from the sun.  Do you not know the difference between the shade and direct sunlight?

We had players that couldn't even walk off the field but nah...didn't effect them much lol.

How many defensive players went out from heat exhaustion?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Because the Dolphins defense could get off the field into the cooler shade between plays whilst the offense was still in baking heat? You wonder why the Bills offense went down with cramps and sickness (Josh threw up on the sidelines at one point) whilst their defense was fine?

No, it's because the Fins players are acclimatized to that weather, where the bills are not.  Own what you did or didn't do on the field.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well, they would get a break from the sun.  Do you not know the difference between the shade and direct sunlight?

We had players that couldn't even walk off the field but nah...didn't effect them much lol.

How many defensive players went out from heat exhaustion?

I love how you are pretending this is the first time we've traveled to Miami early in the season when it's hot.

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

No, it's because the Fins players are acclimatized to that weather, where the bills are not.  Own what you did or didn't do on the field.

I love how you are pretending this is the first time we've traveled to Miami early in the season when it's hot.

Yes, that as well, they are more acclimatised to the heat. But the set up of the stadium is as such to take advantage of it from a sidelines point of view.

I do think the injuries played a big part and possibly led to the mistakes on offense as the game came to the end. The play design was such to try and keep the offense on the field for as long as possible, because we didn't want to expose our defense. But that drove them into the ground to the point they were physically and mentally fatigued.

7 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Lol! So stupid

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Greg Rousseau is from Miami....

"It was up there like top two top three hottest I'd say," said Rousseau who played his college ball in the same stadium for the University of Miami. "We had a real hot game against Georgia Tech, but even in college football, you don't always kick off at 1 pm. You get like four o'clock kick off. Sometimes it's a night game. Being out there at 1pm is different."

So in your mind, all hot days are equally hot.  Got it.

Show me one time where a player was physically unable to play because they were in 30 degree weather.

On the last drive we had James Cook and Quentin Morris running WR routes because everyone else was completely gassed.

I can't believe you think 30 degree weather is equally as bad at 100+ heat index sitting in the sun for hours.

Show me the pop up tents where the players could sit under.  You said they were there...where are they?

5 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Not true at all.  Players that don't play in the cold are much more likely to be impacted by numbness in their hands and feet and also having more tightness and having a problem staying loose.  Not to mention more likely having the burning feeling in their lungs when breathing the cold air heavily.

You can't have it both ways, even though you apparently think you can.

This was not the first time the Bills played Miami in Miami with it being late summer hot either.  

Sooooo cold for them that they are all wearing short sleeves!  

Greg Rousseau is from Miami....

"It was up there like top two top three hottest I'd say," said Rousseau who played his college ball in the same stadium for the University of Miami. "We had a real hot game against Georgia Tech, but even in college football, you don't always kick off at 1 pm. You get like four o'clock kick off. Sometimes it's a night game. Being out there at 1pm is different."

So in your mind, all hot days are equally hot.  Got it.

Show me one time where a player was physically unable to play because they were in 30 degree weather.

On the last drive we had James Cook and Quentin Morris running WR routes because everyone else was completely gassed.

I can't believe you think 30 degree weather is equally as bad at 100+ heat index sitting in the sun for hours.

Show me the pop up tents where the players could sit under.  You said they were there...where are they?

I just looked it up....

Bills played Miami September 21, 2021 at Hard Rock.  1 P.M. kickoff.  Weather 88 degrees and sunny with a dewpoint of 78, which translates into 90% humidity. 

Yesterday, Bills played Miami September 25, 2022 at Hard Rock. 12 P.M. kickoff.  Weather 89 degrees and sunny with a dewpoint of 78.

Last season, in almost identical weather conditions, Bills win 35-0, but I'm betting you never mentioned weather once.  I wonder why.

Now, take a seat, champ.

7 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I just looked it up....

Bills played Miami September 21, 2021 at Hard Rock.  1 P.M. kickoff.  Weather 88 degrees and sunny with a dewpoint of 78, which translates into 90% humidity. 

Yesterday, Bills played Miami September 25, 2022 at Hard Rock. 12 P.M. kickoff.  Weather 89 degrees and sunny with a dewpoint of 78.

Last season, in almost identical weather conditions, Bills win 35-0, but I'm betting you never mentioned weather once.  I wonder why.

Now, take a seat, champ.

Oh we got a tough guy here!

So Greg Rousseau, a Miami native who has played in that weather his whole life is wrong.  

Steve Tasker was on the radio and has been to Miami several times for games said he's never felt it hotter down there.

How many players last year cramped/exhausted last year and couldn't finish the game?  The reason why we are talking about weather this year is because we saw on live TV players dropping like flies due to the heat.  If they were dropping last year at the same rate, we would have talked about the weather.  We didn't see that last year so there was a difference...champ.

9 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I just looked it up....

Now, take a seat, champ.

Give it up man. Our players were dropping like flies because of heat exhaustion. Shade would of helped but they were not allowed because they can only use what Miami has on their bench. 

We should of won despite the heat, but to say that sun didn’t have an effect on the outcome of that game is crazy. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Oh we got a tough guy here!

So Greg Rousseau, a Miami native who has played in that weather his whole life is wrong.  

Steve Tasker was on the radio and has been to Miami several times for games said he's never felt it hotter down there.

How many players last year cramped/exhausted last year and couldn't finish the game?  The reason why we are talking about weather this year is because we saw on live TV players dropping like flies due to the heat.  If they were dropping last year at the same rate, we would have talked about the weather.  We didn't see that last year so there was a difference...champ.

LMAO, now you're saying the weather almanac is lying and should take the word of a football player who's been away from Miami🤣

OR, maybe it's exactly as I said...players becoming acclimatized.  Rousseau has been up in Buffalo, so of course when he comes back to Miami it going to feel hotter and he's not going to be acclimatized to that temp or humidity.

You clearly don't get it and when you're now claiming the weather almanac is lying, probably time to re-evaluate your position.

You also clearly need to educate yourself about acclimatization.

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/mining/userfiles/works/pdfs/2017-124.pdf

Edited by Billz4ever

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

LMAO, now you're saying the weather almanac is lying and should take the word of a football player who's been away from Miami🤣

OR, maybe it's exactly as I said...players becoming acclimatized.  Rousseau has been up in Buffalo, so of course when he comes back to Miami it going to feel hotter and he's not going to be acclimatized to that temp or humidity.

You clearly don't get it and when you're now claiming the weather almanac is now lying, probably time to re-evaluate your position.

I didn't say the weather almanac was lying.  I'm telling you what Greg Rousseau and Steve Tasker said.  I guess they are lying or don't know what they're talking about?

We saw McKenzie, Diggs and Know laying on the field getting stretched out for cramps and exhaustion.  Diggs looked dead at one point just lying there.  Chris Brown said at the game the WR were running at 3/4 speed mid way through the 3rd because they were gassed.  We had James Cook at Quentin Morris lining up at WR on the final drive because the WR were exhausted.

Rousseau I'm pretty sure goes to South Florida in the summers when football is out.  Isiah McKenzie owns a taco restaurant in Miami and he's down there as well.

Do you think they just live 24/7 in Buffalo?

Again, last year we didn't see any players with severe issues with the heat.  This year, we saw on live TV players dropping...even Dolphins players had guys cramping and they get to sit in the shade.  What in your professional opinion is the reason why?

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

All Bills players need to sleep like house cats today and tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't say the weather almanac was lying.  I'm telling you what Greg Rousseau and Steve Tasker said.  I guess they are lying or don't know what they're talking about?

We saw McKenzie, Diggs and Know laying on the field getting stretched out for cramps and exhaustion.  Diggs looked dead at one point just lying there.  Chris Brown said at the game the WR were running at 3/4 speed mid way through the 3rd because they were gassed.  We had James Cook at Quentin Morris lining up at WR on the final drive because the WR were exhausted.

Rousseau I'm pretty sure goes to South Florida in the summers when football is out.  Isiah McKenzie owns a taco restaurant in Miami and he's down there as well.

Do you think they just live 24/7 in Buffalo?

Again, last year we didn't see any players with severe issues with the heat.  This year, we saw on live TV players dropping...even Dolphins players had guys cramping and they get to sit in the shade.  What in your professional opinion is the reason why?

And neither of them live or play in Miami, so their opinion of it coming from buffalo is irrelevant.

I provided you the information on heat acclimatization.  You choose to ignore it and live in ignorance.  Rousseau is no longer acclimatized to playing in the Miami heat and humidity and Tasker's opinion is supposed to mean what?  LMAO  He's obviously no longer acclimatized either.  

Your take:  Ignore science, ignore the weather almanac.  Just listen to the guys no longer acclimatized to that heat.

That's called a bad take my guy.  Just take the L and work on better excuses.

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/mining/userfiles/works/pdfs/2017-124.pdf

I'll even give you that Miami was chilling in the shade while Buffalo was baking in the sun.  And?  So how it it different from last season in almost identical weather?  

Was buffalo's offense on the field for 42 minutes, engaging in 20 play drives last season?  

Bills TOP last season in Miami was only 28 minutes. 

Edited by Billz4ever

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I'm a bit confused what you're saying @Billz4ever. In one way you seem to be suggesting that the weather did play a part because the Dolphins are more acclimatised to it and then in another part say it didn't have an impact?

No, that's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying the weather did have an impact, but it impacts both teams differently.  It impacts the Bills players more than the Fins players because the Fins are better acclimatized to working in that heat and humidity where the Bills players are not.

Edited by Billz4ever

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.