NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Unacceptable to get no FG attempts at the end of both halves(no timeouts in the first half drive), and not going for 4th and short near the red zone before the missed FG 

also, not sure the exact play but first half Ingram was engaged with Dawkins and kicked Josh Allen. 

It wasnt fourth and short it was 4th and 4.  FG is the right call there.  Not McDs fault basomatic missed a chip shot.

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

I hope Knox is ok

Yep Im pissed that wasnt called then they called defenseless on us when it was the receivers momentum going into our back where the hit wasnt even head.

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, Protocal69 said:

Quick Question. On that last play when McKenzie caught the ball what would have happened if he "had conveniently" fumbled out of bounce regarding the clock. In other words would the clock have stopped.

Good question. I believe they would have brought the ball back to where he fumbled and not where it went out of bounds. Not sure about the clock. Maybe a 10 second run off. Either way best case scenario would have been a 65 yard FG if he intentionally fumbles it at the 47. 

48 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The weather affected the Bills obviously.  But i think there’s been too much complaining on social media and this message board about it.  We’ve played in Miami for many years including Hard Rock, and won more than our share. Was Miami supposed to order cloud cover today? we’re they supposed to put up shade tents for Buffalo?   I get it, we lost and had a ton of guys cramp up and feel overheated. I think having the ball on offense for 90 plays was a serious issue. Blame Josh for ball controlling that much i guess. 

No one complains here when our weather helps the Bills win at home.

People have died of heatstroke in that type of heat with that kind of physicality.  I think people do complain of weather... they all get mocked for wanting a dome.

• Like (+1) 1

At some point in the in the run game we just have to line up and punch someone in the face on short yardage. Singletary got the Bills to the 1 yard line on 1st down with push from the OL. 2nd and goal we run the read option we get stuff for a loss of 2 or 3 yards. Its probably the play where Josh Allen hurt his hand on . 3rd down he missed Diggs and 4th down he short hopped the pass to McKenzie.

It cant just always on Josh to make ALL the plays especially in a game like this. Think about the advantage we had in time of possession. Now Imagine if even half those plays were us running the ball. We basically had 3 starters out on the OL by the end of the game but still hindsight is 20/20 but another run by singletary or moss wins us the game. 

With that being said Josh Allen is my guy

8 hours ago, WMDman said:

Miami shouldnt haqve won and shouldnt be happy they won lol

what really cost us is bass missing the fg quessenberry holding and imac not getting down

Those 3 were killers but terrible Center play can’t be overlooked. At least 4 muffed snaps and all of them were disastrous -including the last play of both half’s.

59 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It wasnt fourth and short it was 4th and 4.  FG is the right call there.  Not McDs fault basomatic missed a chip shot.

Yep Im pissed that wasnt called then they called defenseless on us when it was the receivers momentum going into our back where the hit wasnt even head.

Semantics. 4 is short, the analytics would say go for it, and the possibility of failure with ether decision is baked in.

8 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Semantics. 4 is short, the analytics would say go for it, and the possibility of failure with ether decision is baked in.

Sorry but I disagree.  Time and time again coaches have lost going for it in what analytics say.  Also you are assuming analytics say go for it in that situation... down, distance, score, time left, etc.  There are many variables to it than just down and distance.  That field goal is typically automatic... especially for Bass.  Its unfortunate he missed but IMO it was still the right call.  If McD went for it on 4th and 4 and they didnt get it then people would be talking about how not taking the points there lost the game and you know it.

and 4 is not short.  Its almost half the distance.  Short is 1 or 2.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

Out of state fan here that's listened to WGR post game shows over the internet for what feels like a decade now. What's going on this year? Second week in a row I couldn't get any post game on Audacy and then a few other lamer apps that usually offer their broadcast. I know Audacy switched to WGR about an hour after the game last week, but I checked nearly 2 hours after the game this week and it was still some CBS schlub.

I'm assuming they're actually still doing shows and this is just an issue with picking up the broadcast? Pretty disappointing. During the drought I could pick up a WGR post game in 15 seconds, now several years later when it matters, I can't get anything.

Edited by Nelius

4 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Out of state fan here that's listened to WGR post game shows over the internet for what feels like a decade now. What's going on this year? Second week in a row I couldn't get any post game on Audacy and then a few other lamer apps that usually offer their broadcast. I know Audacity switched to WGR about an hour after the game last week, but I checked nearly 2 hours after the game this week and it was still some CBS schlub.

I'm assuming they're actually still doing shows and this is just an issue with picking up the broadcast? Pretty disappointing. During the drought I could pick up a WGR post game in 15 seconds, now several years later when it matters, I can't get anything.

best bet is to just go to wgr550.com and click play

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

best bet is to just go to wgr550.com and click play

Ha yeah, not a bad idea. I remember trying years ago and the website never worked. I even downloaded some awful WGR app years ago that just buffered so I've just relied on third party apps ever sense. First time I've checked that site in years

Listening now and even the WGR site is still playing the CBS stream although I realize it's late over there

10 hours ago, zow2 said:

I actually come away from this game thinking Miami isn’t as good as i thought they might be.  So they will lose some down the road. And this keeps the chip on Buffalo’s shoulder. Long season. Gotta get some guys healthy and regroup.

Agree, except I am a little more impressed with Tua. He is a legit NFL QB. I know he didn't have the impressive stat line today, and Milano dropped that easy pick 6, but he made some plays.

I think we will massacre them in the 2nd game. We'll be healthy and the players will want it bad.

• Agree 1

Josh hurt his passing hand in that scrum. I don’t care what he or Sean say publicly -they’re known to not be open about injuries. They were both asked repeatedly and denied any issue. But the renowned velocity was M.I.A. thereafter. I read he had X-rays then continued to play. If true, then it’s likely nothings broke, just badly bruised. The ONLY times Diggs and Davis lose contested balls is when they arrive too late and that happened throughout the rest of the game. Too much air, soft and off target -including a couple ‘Tua-patented’ bounce passes. It probably contributed to the far too many muffed Center snaps and is directly related to why we lost. I hope he’s kept from throwing for a few days -if not the week.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Josh hurt his passing hand in that scrum. I don’t care what he or Sean say publicly -they’re known to not be open about injuries. They were both asked repeatedly and denied any issue. But the renowned velocity was M.I.A. thereafter. I read he had X-rays then continued to play. If true, then it’s likely nothings broke, just badly bruised. The ONLY times Diggs and Davis lose contested balls is when they arrive too late and that happened throughout the rest of the game. Too much air, soft and off target -including a couple ‘Tua-patented’ bounce passes. It probably contributed to the far too many muffed Center snaps and is directly related to why we lost. I hope he’s kept from throwing for a few days -if not the week.

It surely couldn’t have been the 63 passes and 10 runs he had in that humidity. Relax 

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Within 10-15 years if temps keep rising at similar rates, Miami will end up having to postpone games due to heat or risk players literally dying on the field due to wet bulb temperatures being too high.

Wet bulb is a combination of heat and humidity together and when it becomes too high simply being outside can result in death after a short period of time as the body cannot cool itself faster than it is overheating. This is starting to become more common and within 10-15 years is expected to be a regular occurrence in some places.

Eric Woods was reporting the on field temperature was 112, humidity was 70% as reported meaning the wet bulb temperature was around 103. Anything over 95 is considered very dangerous.

I'm not sure people realize how close this game was to literally being a potential life and death situation for some players.

Unfortunately it will likely take a player dying on the field for the NFL to act.

The NFL does not care about the safety or comfort of fans or players…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.