NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Offense ran 90 plays. 90. Yeah, I’d say Josh was fatigued. 

Which is why I’m taking the Bengals on Thursday night. Dolphins D was also out there for 90 plays in that heat. And on a three day week, I just don’t think that’s enough time to recover adequately.

You could argue the physicality of the Titans softened the Bills up today for Miami on a short week. Seems like a good bet.

I’m sure this has been said, but the stats argue this game was lost in the trenches. Statistically we dominated but lost. Both the DL and OL were abysmal. Whether it’s the heat or injuries, they both failed the team. No major catastrophes in Coaching or turnovers are to blame. The big fellas just didn’t bring it today.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No Micah Hyde

No Jordan Poyer

No Tre’Davious White

No Dane Jackson

No Jordan Phillips

No Ed Oliver

Limited Stefon Diggs 

Limited Isaiah McKenzie

Limited Dawson Knox

Limited Gabe Davis

No Mitch Morse

No Spencer Brown

No Ryan Bates

No Greg Van Roten

100 degrees on the field

Bobbled snap before the half

Misfire from Allen to McKenzie late

Davis dropped the TD

Milano dropped the pick-six

Reading the replies reminds me of last years first game against NE.  Anyone watching the game could see the difference the sun had on Bills players.    They make their jokes but we’ll see them again and their will be no mercy. 

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Reading the replies reminds me of last years first game against NE.  Anyone watching the game could see the difference the sun had on Bills players.    They make their jokes but we’ll see them again and their will be no mercy. 

The Bills should disable the heat pipes leading to the visitors’ locker room and showers when we host them in December.  Because, you know, homefield advantage.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Interesting how teams can beat us thanks to extreme weather, when they have the same conditions.

The body literally changes itself when you live in a hot vs cold climate to better tolerate it. Miami players have been playing in this heat (and even hotter) since the beginning of training camp. It isn’t that surprising that we had several starters out with “heat illness” when they had relatively few (did they have any?)

22 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I may regret saying this when the Dolphins go 4-0 but it feels a bit like the Championship game last year. The Chiefs slugged it out against us, went to the Bengals and had nothing in the tank. Have to wonder if the same thing will happen.

And short week with travel.

Dolphins are cooked.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

I’m sure this has been said, but the stats argue this game was lost in the trenches. Statistically we dominated but lost. Both the DL and OL were abysmal. Whether it’s the heat or injuries, they both failed the team. No major catastrophes in Coaching or turnovers are to blame. The big fellas just didn’t bring it today.

Couldn’t disagree more. The big uglies were not to blame today. You don’t get those kind of disparities in yardage, first downs etc getting whipped in the trenches. The skill positions failed at key moments leaving points off the board. That’s really it. Bills should have had 30 or more today including the safety. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Couldn’t disagree more. The big uglies were not to blame today. You don’t get those kind of disparities in yardage, first downs etc getting whipped in the trenches. The skill positions failed at key moments leaving points off the board. That’s really it. Bills should have had 30 or more today including the safety. 

I mean the ol was objectively terrible but josh Allen did josh Allen things to somewhat overcome it 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Frankly I hate blaming anyone but the OL was in fire drill mode all game. Maybe 3 drop backs were clean. Many chunk yards came from exploiting the Miami D aggressiveness on jail breaks.

The first 2 games we dominated in the trenches. Today I saw none of that. I suppose whether that alone is to blame is impossible to tell. Surely what you bring up is true too. Definitely not enough points in Dolphins territory.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

is that confirmed?

I doubt if it ever will be.

But I thought it was pretty obvious that he had either grabbed his junk or tried to bend his fingers or some other crap that gutless turds do in piles.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Did anyone get a replay of the Quisenberry holding call? II mean those yards of course were critical in retrospect. That said I won't blame the refs for this loss. Simply put the Dolphins out played us in our last two offensive possessions. Good on them but we outplayed them despite all our injuries. 8 out of 10 times we likely win a game like that. 

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

is that confirmed?

Watch the replay - Allen grabs his crotch while he's yelling at the ref.  also Wilkins has a history of it - famously caught doing it in college.

The crazy thing is he knew what he was doing and it worked - grabbed Josh's junk in the pile - Josh gets a 15 yd retaliation penalty and Wilkins just laughs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.