NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I guess our fullback is for show only

JA was clutching his hand right on sideline on that grounder to Dirty in the  end zone. It’s over if that hand is _____ <anything>

Took a hit to his hand, helmet or facemask. Josh & Coach both said he's ok after game (this is after xray were done).

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I get that. But sunce IT IS a line issue, get someone physical as ***** that can get that yard or two or has at least a way better chance than what we have currently.

Did you notice how Derrick Henry couldn't do anything against us last week? You still have to block.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Defies logic.  It's like getting any pressure on the QB whatsoever never even crossed their mind.

If you have a decimated secondary, the LAST thing you should be trying to do is to give the opposing QB time to find the hole in the coverage.

Maybe this has been discussed, but I think Milano or Edmunds missed an assignment.  I think one of them was supposed to rush/blitz.  We ran a similar concept Week 1 against the Rams (blitzed Milano/Dropped Von).  This time Groot dropped in coverage... 

Very odd to run a Cover 2/only 3 man rush concept on 3rd and 22.   We NEVER rush just 3 guys, like once out of a 100 plays.  Something was miscommunicated, JMO.

I think the heat played a huge factor. I'm stating the obvious, as we saw players gong down all game. I work outside, and those 90+ degree days are brutal. Add in the Florida humidity and I can't imagine running around and trying to execute high level plays. I actually think we'll look back at this game as a bit flukey 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I think the heat played a huge factor. I'm stating the obvious, as we saw players gong down all game. I work outside, and those 90+ degree days are brutal. Add in the Florida humidity and I can't imagine running around and trying to execute high level plays. I actually think we'll look back at this game as a bit flukey 

Interesting how teams can beat us thanks to extreme weather, when they have the same conditions.

One of the reasons that the Dolphins won today is that they treated it like a playoff game and we treated it like week 3. They played guys that we would have sat. Terron Armstead didn’t practice all week and played with a bad toe. Little kept coming back into the game although he was obviously hurt. Tua came back in like it was a playoff game. And they still should have lost if our guys could have stopped cramping. Now they have to go to Cincinnati to play a newly confident Bengals team in 4 days. Good luck.

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

One of the reasons that the Dolphins won today is that they treated it like a playoff game and we treated it like week 3. They played guys that we would have sat. Terrain Armstead didn’t practice all week and played with a bad toe. Little kept coming back into the game although he was obviously hurt. Tua came back in like it was a playoff game. And they still should have lost if our guys could have stopped cramping. Now they have to go to Cincinnati to play a newly confident Bengals team in 4 days. Good luck.

That’s true that a lot of guys for them gutted it out. But it seemed like the same could be said for us. Diggs was cramping up every other play and McKenzie was throwing up— and they kept coming back. 

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

True, but the Dolphins do live in it, and are probly much more acclimated to the heat than the bills are. This loss sucks regardless 

Bills Offense TOP helped the Dolphins.  

We needed to hit some big plays and they wouldn’t let us.  Result.. time consuming drives.  In the heat, by the time we got to the red zone, we were gassed.   By the end of the game, half the teams bodies had given out.  

Defense can rotate bodies.  Not so much on the OL. 

Edited by SCBills

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

One of the reasons that the Dolphins won today is that they treated it like a playoff game and we treated it like week 3. They played guys that we would have sat. Terron Armstead didn’t practice all week and played with a bad toe. Little kept coming back into the game although he was obviously hurt. Tua came back in like it was a playoff game. And they still should have lost if our guys could have stopped cramping. Now they have to go to Cincinnati to play a newly confident Bengals team in 4 days. Good luck.

I may regret saying this when the Dolphins go 4-0 but it feels a bit like the Championship game last year. The Chiefs slugged it out against us, went to the Bengals and had nothing in the tank. Have to wonder if the same thing will happen.

as an outside observer, i came into this season certain the bills were the #1 team in the league and this outcome only reaffirmed it. you won't see a more dominant looking box score between two playoff level teams the rest of the year. this was a one-sided game. 40 mins to 20 mins TOP. 31 first downs to 15 first downs. 11-of-18 on 3rd down to 3-of-8 on third down. 497 yards to 212 yards. if you didn't watch the game and saw only the box score, you'd assume the bills were far and away the better team. now add the context of missing five defensive starters, having a rotating cast of OL who were in and out, another handful of players who were exiting the game due to being exhausted by the heat or sickness or both...and it's clear who is the better team (and who will be going forward). 

despite all the pre-game losses (including late scratch to morse) and the matchup disadvantages, the bills still closed as a 4-point road favorite. they're a 3-pt road favorite next week at the ravens (despite likely having a poor injury report again). this team is a juggernaut. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did you notice how Derrick Henry couldn't do anything against us last week? You still have to block.

We can do this as many times as you wish. We have no RB that can get a yard on a consistent basis in short yardage situations regardless of our blocking.

How many times do you think Henry has been stopped on 3rd or 4th and short? 10 of the time?  Using one week as an example is ridiculous when talking about a power back.

Edited by Beast

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I may regret saying this when the Dolphins go 4-0 but it feels a bit like the Championship game last year. The Chiefs slugged it out against us, went to the Bengals and had nothing in the tank. Have to wonder if the same thing will happen.

Especially since they play Thursday 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.