NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Some Bills fans on Twitter complaining about the weather, lol. Bills were cooking in the Sun and Miami was chillin in shade all game.  That’s such a lame excuse by Bills fans.  Teams freeze when they come to Buffalo and we as a fan base shouldn’t be whining about weather conditions as an excuse.

Weather isn't on my radar as an excuse today. That being said, you can not compare the heat and humidity to the cold.

The weather today does things to the body not seen even in the bitter cold .

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

As it happened in real time I knew he was about to get flagged...the Dolphins player beat him cleanly and Quisenberry basically reached around him and pulled him so he ended up falling down to one knee

Not really an excuse just what happened. That was extreme weather even for down there.

I just think it’s a bad look for our fanbase. People saying OSHA should be brought in to investigate, etc.. I get people are upset, but cmon. both teams played in it on the exact same field. After all the nonsense and injuries we had TWO chances to win the game at the end, and blew em both.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

I didn't mind that he showed some passion.

Yep.

Regarding Dorsey... I like the fire and the players alluded to his fiery temperament in the offseason. 

This team has plenty of calm leaders and it helps having someone that has that kind of passion to win and it has not hurt the offensive chemistry.

Plus, he kept it under wraps till the final tick. Its all good.

Just now, zow2 said:

I just think it’s a bad look for our fanbase. People saying OSHA should be brought in to investigate, etc.. I get people are upset, but cmon. both teams played in it on the exact same field. After all the nonsense and injuries we had TWO chances to win the game at the end, and blew em both.

Also the people that are saying games shouldn't be scheduled in S Fla early in the season - so they're supposed to play away 8 weeks in a row then home the rest of the season?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I'd like to hear a legit reason on why people negate this comment. They're usually just fanboys who can't contribute a valid thought but feel their emotions hurt so they have to validate them with an emoticon.

Either way, you're right. McDermott sucks at game coaching. Always has. He is cute with everything else but can't coach on the field when it matters.

We are ***** if Dorsey leaves. 

Mostly because I trust a guy who has been in football for 30 years over some stupid Internet forum. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I'd like to hear a legit reason on why people negate this comment. They're usually just fanboys who can't contribute a valid thought but feel their emotions hurt so they have to validate them with an emoticon.

Either way, you're right. McDermott sucks at game coaching. Always has. He is cute with everything else but can't coach on the field when it matters.

We are ***** if Dorsey leaves. 

I am not sure - as @BADOLBILZ and others have pointed out, losing 8 close games in a row is not random.  It’s a mentality.  McD may lack that killer instinct or just have a poor overall feel for game flow - he takes his foot off the gas at the craziest moments.  Not just 13 seconds, this has happened repeatedly.  Case in point today, the Bills force a punt at a key moment early in the game and then rather than go for the jugular, they call timeout before the punt, then call two Moss runs for zero yards and get a play in late resulting in a fumble.  You KNOW the decision to run up the middle twice was all McD - he probably thought he’d “reward” his defense for getting the stop by buying them some rest with clock-eating nonsense.  We saw that crap with Frank Gore in 2017.  That was the time to press and instead we gifted the Dolphins a score.

McDermott is a fantastic program builder but that may just be his ceiling.  It’s the same in business, there are CEOs who specialize in turning around failing companies and they’re almost always parachuted out once the business has stabilized, and replaced with a visionary who can get the company to the next level.  If the Bills fall short in ‘22 and ‘23 (meaning anything less than a Lombardi) then it is time to cut bait.  Squandering Josh Allen’s prime years would be a war crime.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

If Allen is injured that will just cap off what was certainly one of the most frustrating regular season losses in a long time. 

I wish it was a long time.. I can think back to Bucs, Jax and Titans games only last year

21 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

A pretty hidden significant play was there punter hitting a 70+ yard freed kick.  Crowder didn't anticipate that long a kick and was backing up when he caught it.  We barely made it past the 20.  Typically, offense usually gets the ball out to around the 40.  If that's the case, we end up kicking a winning FG.  Reminding me of Super Bowl XXV after the Bruce Smith safety.  Giant's punter hit a tremendous free kick and we started at the 20.

They still had plenty of time to get 40 yards,,,

35 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

They may not be trash, but I don't think they are a great team either. 

212 yards of offense.  That's it.  Against a defense decimated by injuries.  I think the mistakes by the Bills were a much bigger factor in this game than anything MIami did.

They got to 3-0 somehow.  Keep underestimating them......

• Vomit 1

56 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

This loss feels like the wind game last year. External factors of heat and injuries, played a huge factor. It doesn’t determine who is the better team.

The better team doesnt always win the game.. but it seems a while since we had a win when we werent the better team...

Maybe the Colts playoff win would be the closest i can recall 

17 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

You can’t play like Buffalo has and then shout excuses when you lose. 
90% of the social media crowd is gross anyways. Refs, weather and injuries are the worst excuses in a winnable game. I think anyone with half a brain knows Buffalo played short handed but still had plenty of chances to put that game away. It is what it is. 

IIRC Eric Wood said it was 112 degrees on the field today.  I'm not making it an excuse but that's a home field advantage that's unrivaled in the NFL.  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am not sure - as @BADOLBILZ and others have pointed out, losing 8 close games in a row is not random.  It’s a mentality.  McD may lack that killer instinct or just have a poor overall feel for game flow - he takes his foot off the gas at the craziest moments.  Not just 13 seconds, this has happened repeatedly.  Case in point today, the Bills force a punt at a key moment early in the game and then rather than go for the jugular, they call timeout before the punt, then call two Moss runs for zero yards and get a play in late resulting in a fumble.  You KNOW the decision to run up the middle twice was all McD - he probably thought he’d “reward” his defense for getting the stop by buying them some rest with clock-eating nonsense.  We saw that crap with Frank Gore in 2017.  That was the time to press and instead we gifted the Dolphins a score.

McDermott is a fantastic program builder but that may just be his ceiling.  It’s the same in business, there are CEOs who specialize in turning around failing companies and they’re almost always parachuted out once the business has stabilized, and replaced with a visionary who can get the company to the next level.  If the Bills fall short in ‘22 and ‘23 (meaning anything less than a Lombardi) then it is time to cut bait.  Squandering Josh Allen’s prime years would be a war crime.

The concern in these losses is how everyone has all the other excuses and they're valid 

The heat, the injuries, the concussion on Tua... 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

41 minutes top, 19 points…..

31 first downs, 19 points….

11-18 on third down, 2-3 on fourth, 19 points….

1 punt, 19 points….

500 yards of offense, 19 points…. 

Clever. Are you trying to start a new meme right up there with 13 seconds, wide right and Music City miracle?

19 points. Quick, get your trademark application into the Patent Office.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.