NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

15 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

One play by Phins that was significant. Clearly that doesn’t happen with 21 and 24 but thought 3 and 4 overall did good job. Feel free to get some pressure on qb. According to some the two S’s were going to be the issue. D gave up 21, this is in the O, injuries, and refs picking and choosing calls. 

I think they did pretty good job on the backend too with tall task.

Been concerned with how this team transitions from 2 standout safeties when age and contracts have to be factored.

The youth waiting in the wings seem to be on the right track... and could not help the image with those jersey numbers.

61fn+R9VdCL._AC_.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

This may explain the bad throw on 4th and G

Hopefully just precautionary.  I was thinking he was just having hand cramping on the sideline while they were looking at him.  There was no indication Keenum was warming up to possibly have to go in.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Hopefully just precautionary.  I was thinking he was just having hand cramping on the sideline while they were looking at him.  There was no indication Keenum was warming up to possibly have to go in.

Josh and McD both said Josh was OK in their postgames.

A pretty hidden significant play was there punter hitting a 70+ yard freed kick.  Crowder didn't anticipate that long a kick and was backing up when he caught it.  We barely made it past the 20.  Typically, offense usually gets the ball out to around the 40.  If that's the case, we end up kicking a winning FG.  Reminding me of Super Bowl XXV after the Bruce Smith safety.  Giant's punter hit a tremendous free kick and we started at the 20.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

They may not be trash, but I don't think they are a great team either. 

212 yards of offense.  That's it.  Against a defense decimated by injuries.  I think the mistakes by the Bills were a much bigger factor in this game than anything MIami did.

Miami didn’t do much go win the game while we did just about everything we could to lose it. Reminds me of the occasional early season losses to Miami back in the glory days. People overreacted to those losses as well. Miami should be concerned that their all world QB and receivers couldn’t do more than a couple plays against a decimated defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, st pete gogolak said:

A pretty hidden significant play was there punter hitting a 70+ yard freed kick.  Crowder didn't anticipate that long a kick and was backing up when he caught it.  We barely made it past the 20.  Typically, offense usually gets the ball out to around the 40.  If that's the case, we end up kicking a winning FG.  Reminding me of Super Bowl XXV after the Bruce Smith safety.  Giant's punter hit a tremendous free kick and we started at the 20.

For reasons only the Maker knows, the Bills seem to be the easiest team to kick field goals and punts against in the NFL, like every year.  It’s insane.

• Agree 1

Some Bills fans on Twitter complaining about the weather, lol. Bills were cooking in the Sun and Miami was chillin in shade all game.  That’s such a lame excuse by Bills fans.  Teams freeze when they come to Buffalo and we as a fan base shouldn’t be whining about weather conditions as an excuse.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Anyone have video yet of the late Quisenberry hold?

As it happened in real time I knew he was about to get flagged...the Dolphins player beat him cleanly and Quisenberry basically reached around him and pulled him so he ended up falling down to one knee

Just now, zow2 said:

Some Bills fans on Twitter complaining about the weather, lol. Bills were cooking in the Sun and Miami was chillin in shade all game.  That’s such a lame excuse by Bills fans.  Teams freeze when they come to Buffalo and we as a fan base shouldn’t be whining about weather conditions as an excuse.

Not really an excuse just what happened. That was extreme weather even for down there.

Someone posted Dorsey's post game fit of rage on a politics board I frequent. They rarely post sports material, so this was highly unusual. They said it owned the internet Sunday. In his defense I brought up he was 38-2 in college and didn't like losing.

The Dorsey incident is getting lots of attention.

We basically managed to lose this game on offense. I think we would have won it if we had a better running game, or if Mitch Morse had played. Late in the game Josh was pressing and maybe fatigued. He missed throws that he just did not miss early in the game. No wonder, with the heat and the not great OL play, he looked tired. The good thing is, very few games will be played in those conditions. And, we still had several chances to win... if we can do just a little better we'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, boater said:

Someone posted Dorsey's post game fit of rage on a politics board I frequent. They rarely post sports material, so this was highly unusual. They said it owned the internet Sunday. In his defense I brought up he was 38-2 in college and didn't like losing.

The Dorsey incident is getting lots of attention.

I didn't mind that he showed some passion.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Dolphins have false hope and are legit terrible - just where we want them.

Unfortunately we have a coach who excels at program-building but puckers his %#*+% when the game gets tight, and the whole team suffers.  

I'd like to hear a legit reason on why people negate this comment. They're usually just fanboys who can't contribute a valid thought but feel their emotions hurt so they have to validate them with an emoticon.

Either way, you're right. McDermott sucks at game coaching. Always has. He is cute with everything else but can't coach on the field when it matters.

We are ***** if Dorsey leaves. 

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

You can’t play like Buffalo has and then shout excuses when you lose. 
90% of the social media crowd is gross anyways. Refs, weather and injuries are the worst excuses in a winnable game. I think anyone with half a brain knows Buffalo played short handed but still had plenty of chances to put that game away. It is what it is. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.