NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

It took all these plays and injuries to half our team for the Fins to win, at home, by two. We'll be fine.

The goal isn't to be fine. As in the 2 or 3 seed or just win the division. The goal is to get the one seed. As of right now I would not say we are fine. That said, we certainly can beat any team any day. But we won't be cruising to a one seed unfortunately. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Reminds me of the Bills win over NE in week 3 2011...both 2 and 0.  Brady with 4 picks.  And we had to kick winning FG at the buzzer.  NE went to the Super Bowl that year and Bills I think went 5 and 11 after 3 and 0 start.

I agree. I think Miami finishes 8-8 this year. Think they're having early success, but will catch up with them 

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

One play by Phins that was significant. Clearly that doesn’t happen with 21 and 24 but thought 3 and 4 overall did good job. Feel free to get some pressure on qb. According to some the two S’s were going to be the issue. D gave up 21, this is in the O, injuries, and refs picking and choosing calls. 

21 with one scoring drive starting in the red zone. They did pretty well for the most part and all young guys will only learn from it. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Honest question, what specifically about the coaching did you think was in error? What game day decisions led to the loss?

The loss sucks but doesn’t really bother me too much. My biggest concern is the complete lack of running game. 2nd and goal from the 2 should be an automatic TD. Having Josh in the shotgun is f’in stupid down there. Even though the 4th down play was there, you shouldn’t need to pass. If we don’t develop some semblance of a running game this team is not going all the way, period. 

Where to start.. just a quick over view..

Drive one, 70 of 75 yards come in the air, TD.  Drive 2, panic because they start on the 10, Run, Run, pass, Punt.. ok, I get wanting a run game, but you just showed you could crush them with the pass, why do we go 2 RPO from shot gun, when its obvious they have told JA not to run, and run the worst back on the team back to back?  Complete wasted series.  Oh BTW, after putting yourself in 3rd and 10 at the 10, leaving who? To block the edge rush?

Continuation of the RPO look when it’s obvious it’s only an RO.. multiple failed attempts to run up the gut after 2 seconds of Allen holding the ball. 

3rd and 22, after 2 plays by the DL to put you there, rushing 2 , after proving Tua struggles under pressure, but let’s just go limp dick and let him have all day to pass, while taking our best players off the field.

Then the coach with the worst percentage in challenges in the history of the NFL, doesn’t challenge the Davis TD play, where he had a catch, 2 feet down and turned.. yet there’s apologist here saying it wasn’t a football move.. still far more worthy of a challenge than the waste of the one last week where the apologist claim he used it as a time out.. he’s just clueless, let’s be honest, his record shows it. 

I can go on. But I don’t want to risk injury as it’s obvious it’s “level of professionalism” that’s expected to hydrate properly.. funny how 80% of the team went off and couldn’t handle it.. so your coaches failed that much or are you avoiding responsibilities?

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Didn't see. It was only a 3-man rush. 

No, and it was 2 “rushing” and the RDE was there on containment, no more.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Mango said:

I was pleased with them in coverage today. 

Their play on 3rd and 22 was pretty brutal though - how can both of them let someone get behind them 3rd and 22

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

That was garbage.  Means nothing about how good we are.  But let's stop pretending Miami is trash. 

They may not be trash, but I don't think they are a great team either. 

212 yards of offense.  That's it.  Against a defense decimated by injuries.  I think the mistakes by the Bills were a much bigger factor in this game than anything MIami did.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.