NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

I thought Hamlin played well actually.  Johnson looked like he struggled.  

Just now, Warcodered said:

They had one big explosive play in what way did you learn that?

The team got beat on multiple occasions with misdirection and play recognition. Which is where Poyer and Hyde excel. 

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Johnson and Hamlin are sort of different types of safeties. I was impressed at how well they hit and tackled and blitzed. Don’t think they have the cover skills that are anywhere close to Hyde

and Poyer.

I was pleased with them in coverage today. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

They said in commentary 97-99 (I thought, unless I misheard and it was 87-89!). Unless they meant it's building to that? Could it be warmer on the field?

I'm about 1.5 hours north of the stadium.  Right now it is 87 F.

"Feels like" 96F on the heat index.

That's about what it has been all day today and for the last several weeks.

The weather in SE florida is pretty consistent.

For probably the last 2 or 3 months, it has been right around 90 each day, but it is "103" on the heat index.

Humidity is around 60% most days.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am sorry, but playing in that heat was plain dangerous for both teams. You would think the union would have issues about that. There had to be like 20+ Guys who went out.

I was thinking during the game that it really isn't an advantage for the home team either...the body can only take so much heat.

• Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Johnson and Hamlin are sort of different types of safeties. I was impressed at how well they hit and tackled and blitzed. Don’t think they have the cover skills that are anywhere close to Hyde

and Poyer.

And they should be blitzing more. Instead of playing soft zone on 3rd and long. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

One thing I learned today is that this team is not ready for life without both Poyer and Hyde. I think we can manage without one for some time. 

But Johnson/Hamlin can’t direct traffic and don’t have the play recognition skills those guys have.

I get it. One game. But still.

Or both DL out...starting center, back up center, WRs go out , RT .... Whut..?

We could have won w/o Hyde poyer bro...half team went out.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

4 plays that would have made a difference…

1 - clock runs out at end of half; no FG attempt

2 - clock runs out at end of game; no FG attempt

3 - Milano dropped what would have been a sure pick 6

4 - Bass shank

Two to add:

Josh throws an awful dirt ball to an open McKenzie in the end zone

Davis doesn't come down with a near routine TD catch.

It took all these plays and injuries to half our team for the Fins to win, at home, by two. We'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Had a debate about this earlier this week about this. I was worried about our ability to handle the blitz.

While we obviously handled it well to have a very great offensive performance, where it hurt us was on a few key plays (the fumble and some of the pressure generated in the red zone). And we were never able to really Make the dolphins pay with a huge pass play. 

will be curious to see how it goes next week, because the ravens are going to bring it too. They aren’t sitting back in a shell.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RochesterLifer said:

Two to add:

Josh throws an awful dirt ball to an open McKenzie in the end zone

Davis doesn't come down with a near routine TD catch.

It took all these plays and injuries to half our team for the Fins to win, at home, by two. We'll be fine.

Reminds me of the Bills win over NE in week 3 2011...both 2 and 0.  Brady with 4 picks.  And we had to kick winning FG at the buzzer.  NE went to the Super Bowl that year and Bills I think went 5 and 11 after 3 and 0 start.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

One thing I learned today is that this team is not ready for life without both Poyer and Hyde. I think we can manage without one for some time. 

But Johnson/Hamlin can’t direct traffic and don’t have the play recognition skills those guys have.

I get it. One game. But still.

One play by Phins that was significant. Clearly that doesn’t happen with 21 and 24 but thought 3 and 4 overall did good job. Feel free to get some pressure on qb. According to some the two S’s were going to be the issue. D gave up 21, this is in the O, injuries, and refs picking and choosing calls. 

13 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

4 plays that would have made a difference…

1 - clock runs out at end of half; no FG attempt

2 - clock runs out at end of game; no FG attempt

3 - Milano dropped what would have been a sure pick 6

4 - Bass shank

You forgot Gabe Davis holding onto that td in the endzone 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Had a debate about this earlier this week about this. I was worried about our ability to handle the blitz.

While we obviously handled it well to have a very great offensive performance, where it hurt us was on a few key plays (the fumble and some of the pressure generated in the red zone). And we were never able to really Make the dolphins pay with a huge pass play. 

will be curious to see how it goes next week, because the ravens are going to bring it too. They aren’t sitting back in a shell.

Yup… they were aided by circumstance quite a bit, but their blitz strategy worked.   

It gave them an “and goal” situation and kept us out of the end zone multiple times.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.