NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Also, look at what injuries are doing to the Bucs in their game.  Offense can’t generate anything, and the Packers are crushing them.

Bills we’re crippled today and played a close nail biter finish.  This team is still the best in the league.  Just weren’t healthy today

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

My least favorite play in their playbook is the read option when Josh keeps it most of the time.  I am sure you can find times when that worked but with the OL situation I thought it’s sucked down at the goal line.   

totally agree. If they run it with him, what about that pulling sweep they ran last year? 

One thing I learned today is that this team is not ready for life without both Poyer and Hyde. I think we can manage without one for some time. 

But Johnson/Hamlin can’t direct traffic and don’t have the play recognition skills those guys have.

I get it. One game. But still.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, UKBillFan said:

They said in commentary 97-99 (I thought, unless I misheard and it was 87-89!). Unless they meant it's building to that? Could it be warmer on the field?

So I thought I heard the broadcast team say 89, so maybe just a small mishearing.  Field does tend to be a bit warmer, but unless it’s July or August, that field is never close to Miami in September.

for reference, I was on the field for a work event in July and I had no issues while out there for about 2 hours.

Miami’s stadium is built to make the away team feel the heat, that not Raymond James

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

One thing I learned today is that this team is not ready for life without both Poyer and Hyde. I think we can manage without one for some time. 

But Johnson/Hamlin can’t direct traffic and don’t have the play recognition skills those guys have.

I thought Hamlin played well actually.  Johnson looked like he struggled.  

Just now, Mango said:

They had one big explosive play in what way did you learn that?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

I don't really care about that for the game, but he shouldn't have been out there, and was clearly different afterwards.

Right I’m be same way.  The game was the game.  But I hate the idea of rushing head injuries in any capacity

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Johnson and Hamlin are sort of different types of safeties. I was impressed at how well they hit and tackled and blitzed. Don’t think they have the cover skills that are anywhere close to Hyde

and Poyer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.