NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, st pete gogolak said:

Any question that Buffalo is a far superior team to Miami?  Looking forward to seeing them in December in Buffalo.  It is disturbing to continue to lose close games that are eminently winnable.  

at this rate, half of the Bills’ PR team and ticket sales office will be in our starting lineup for that game.

7 minutes ago, Success said:

This ain't the Jags game from last year.  Just a hard-fought division battle, against a good team at their place, in tough conditions.  And that team was desperate to finally beat the Bills.

This game represents nothing to me aside from a loss. Hopefully most of the injuries are short term.  

They played their hurt players. We rested ours. I think McDaniel wanted to get a division lead to reset the culture. 

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

Also, Josh looked a little sluggish today. Heat must have got to him too. His throws had noticeably less zip, hence why he had so many near INTs I think. Even on his run for the first down he didn't seem to be moving with his usual speed and power

A lot of that was because he felt rushed all day

1 minute ago, st pete gogolak said:

It's a travesty that this game was played under these conditions.  You want to play in Miami in September?  Play the game at night.  And how the hell does Miami get their bench in the shade for the entire game while the visiting team is in full sun?  Short week.  Ridiculous number of injuries.  Unbelievable amount of missing opportunities (missed FG attempt at end of half; dropped pick 6 by Milano; blown defensive call on 3rd and 22; missed FG; dumb call on 2nd and goal from the one; Allen missing McKenzie on fourth down when he hits that throw 9 out of 10 times; blown FG attempt at end of game).  Any question that Buffalo is a far superior team to Miami?  Looking forward to seeing them in December in Buffalo.  It is disturbing to continue to lose close games that are eminently winnable.  

Remember when we beat NE 31-0 to start the season and they returned the favor by beating us by the same score in the last week? Hopefully we give them a good beat down when we play next.

I also remember back in the Kelly days when they beat us early in the year, in Miami, got cocky about it and we blew them out in the rematch

• Like (+1) 1

Didn’t like some of the non-calls on Miami in this game. But out offense really blew it on those last two possessions.  The D balled out today, the O let ‘em down unfortunately. Rarely does a team have two chances to win the game. Most of the good NFL teams would’ve won that game at the end given the same situation. It’s like a mental thing with these guys.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

They did play well defensively, no doubt. I wonder if teams will be able to copy what they did, and if so will that be effective in a 'regular' game at normal temps.

Not to harp on the heat but this really was a one off sort of game. There's a reason even the mighty Pats at the height of their powers had trouble playing there in September.

I do worry about getting healthy in time for the Ravens. Lamar is playing out of his mind, like he expects a billion dollars per year with his new contract. They came up with a way to stop him last time we played so hopefully we can slow him down next week

Yeah sort of like the Pats game in 70mph winds.

Doesn't really tell you much other than another team playing as well as they can needs supernatural factors to beat us and STILL has to hold on for dear life.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Bills pattern of losing these close games has to stop.   The Bills didn't play a very sound game on offense but still managed almost 500 yards and an overwhelming advantage in time of possession with 40:40. But there were a lot of mistakes too.  And their offense was just not very efficient today.  They left 3 points on the field at the end of each half.  They did a poor job of clock management.  Considering Morse was out and all the shuffling the offensive line and receivers going down in the heat the statistical advantage was mindboggling, but they went 2-4 in the redzone.   

Overall, the defense held up pretty well given all the starters out including the entire secondary.  For all the hype about Miami's new high-powered offense they failed to live up to all the pre-game hype with only two scoring drives to show for their efforts (the other was the fumble recovery at the Bills 7).  What did Hill today?  2 catches for 33 yards.  I'll take that every day.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

I didn't see that. Easy to see why his throw off his back foot failed to reach the end zone at the end. His hand was also being worked on after that series

He played MVP football out there. I mean considered the roster around him on offense I haven’t a clue how he managed to keep his offense moving 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.