NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

After that phantom Benford hold, refs let all these corners play handsy today. That really helped Miami with their man coverage.

Looked like holding to me live, just was surprised that they called it given that they weren't calling any of the defensive penalties late.

EDIT: I may have the wrong hold, apologies. I'm referring to one on last drive

Edited by Fetou

20 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Agreed. If I was neutral, that game would tell me that in the long run the Bills are the stronger team, probably by a good amount.

BUT, I give Miami's defense a lot of credit. They were on the field forever and they still really played tough all day. They were hitting, covering. They made life difficult for Josh who gutted it out but clearly didn't have his usual magic. Miami is going to make some noise. They seem like a scrappy wild card team to me. And they deserve a lot of credit for hanging in that game and making plays. Sure the Bills missed some opportunities. But so did the Dolphins. They dropped a few potential interceptions.

Anyway, very difficult to watch. Can't say I enjoyed it. But it was just one of those weird games that happen pretty regularly in the NFL. Too bad we couldn't get a chance for a kick at the end. But given the week we've had, kind of fitting. I plan to forget this past week immediately.

They did play well defensively, no doubt. I wonder if teams will be able to copy what they did, and if so will that be effective in a 'regular' game at normal temps.

Not to harp on the heat but this really was a one off sort of game. There's a reason even the mighty Pats at the height of their powers had trouble playing there in September.

I do worry about getting healthy in time for the Ravens. Lamar is playing out of his mind, like he expects a billion dollars per year with his new contract. They came up with a way to stop him last time we played so hopefully we can slow him down next week

• Like (+1) 1

I'm disappointed.  I think the Bills could have won if any of a number of things had happened, and they could have happened easily.  Factors in the loss include the injuries, (of course) the heat and a few key plays.  The early fumble in which Buffalo gave up the football deep in their own territory, Milano's failure to catch the ball on a potential pick six, are just two of the key plays.   I think the rematch will look very different.  If Buffalo is reasonably healthy at that point, I think they win decisively. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Hope the dolphins keep winning and we get them in playoffs early. If we get healthy I still much rather see the fins in their house than chiefs chargers or ravens in the post season.

I want no part of the phins early in the playoffs (late I'd take all day)

Not because of talent level but because they are dirty, cheap late shots (Wilkins) constantly turning Allen's ankles. They take a lot of liberties out there 

It's a travesty that this game was played under these conditions.  You want to play in Miami in September?  Play the game at night.  And how the hell does Miami get their bench in the shade for the entire game while the visiting team is in full sun?  Short week.  Ridiculous number of injuries.  Unbelievable amount of missing opportunities (missed FG attempt at end of half; dropped pick 6 by Milano; blown defensive call on 3rd and 22; missed FG; dumb call on 2nd and goal from the one; Allen missing McKenzie on fourth down when he hits that throw 9 out of 10 times; blown FG attempt at end of game).  Any question that Buffalo is a far superior team to Miami?  Looking forward to seeing them in December in Buffalo.  It is disturbing to continue to lose close games that are eminently winnable.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, appoo said:

For the record, I’m still dying at Ken Dorsey losing it 

How freaking hilarious was that?! Gotta love the passion. Dude cares arguably more than some of the players. 

Can someone make a "that's my psychopath" tshirt with him losing it? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm not even pissed. They should have lost by a lot with all the issues. This team is amazingly deep and talented to almost overcome all of that.

I hear what you're saying, but we should have won. Missed easy FG, dropped pick 6, turnover at our 10, 2nd and goal at the one and no score...

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I want no part of the phins early in the playoffs (late I'd take all day)

Not because of talent level but because they are dirty, cheap late shots (Wilkins) constantly turning Allen's ankles. They take a lot of liberties out there 

i guarantee Wilkins gets fined for that hit on Knox today. Blind side right to his helmet. 

Mistakes Mistakes Mistakes

Fumble giving MIA a TD

Milano dropping easy pick 6

Frazier again going soft on 3rd and 22!

Davis dropping a TD

Bad snap eliminating FG at halftime.

Bass missing easy FG

2nd and goal at the 1. Vivid reminder of the same issue last year against the Titans.

Refs not spotting the ball correctly on Moss’s long run costing the Bills a TO. Bite them on the final play.

OFFENSE has to be able to run consistently. Far too often getting met in the backfield. 

Decision to go with only 5 active WR’s hurt!

Frustrating loss and Dorsey’s action at the end of the game sums it up perfectly!

With all that said, injuries are going to cost this team if this trend continues. Doesn’t sound good about Benford. Hopefully Morse, Ed, Dane, and Poyer are back next week. Gabe’s ankle doesn’t look 100% either. Still can’t give away games like this when a W is right there. 

• Agree 1

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

Also, Josh looked a little sluggish today. Heat must have got to him too. His throws had noticeably less zip, hence why he had so many near INTs I think. Even on his run for the first down he didn't seem to be moving with his usual speed and power

He was puking on the sideline after one of those long drives in the 2nd half 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.