NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

These are the bull#### losses that cost you the 1 seed. Then when the season is over you look back and think WHzy THE ***** are you in shotgun on 2nd and goal from the ***** 1!!

Chiefs just lost to the Indianapolis Clown Show.

I'm not gonna be too bummed. I mean, congrats to Miami, I guess? You beat a team missing like 60% of its overall starters and you squeaked out with a two point win. Bills missed some opportunities but with who they had on the field today it was likely to be ugly. A guy got a ball kicked up his a$$ for Pete's sake. 

Bass shanking that 38-yard try stings a lot more now. I had a weird feeling he was gonna botch that one, he tends to miss more from the right hash. Snap was high and then Martin looked like he was saying it was on him for a bad hold. Meh. 

This is the time in the season to go thru a rough stretch like this. Hopefully in the coming weeks guys will get healthy. At one point dudes were dropping so often I was like, let's just call this one and everybody go home before some poor SOB literally drops dead. 

Also, the officials were downright putrid. But that's to be expected. And I don't really think Miami did anything too special. 21 points against a defense missing all but one starter in the secondary. Results likely won't be the same the next time these two meet. 

Hope they get a buncha guys back for next week and then after that hopefully they get Tre White back. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Would he have been in range for bass?

I remember him needing a few more yards from when he caught it

(I don't have the ability to rewatch until highlights are out)

Probably not, but it gives yo a chance for a play near the sideline with time still on the clock. Doesn’t matter as the Bills had plenty of mistakes today which cost them. It should not have even come down t that play anyway. 

The inability to win one score games can't just be excused as some mathematical oddity.   

If they are playing a team they are supposed to beat and that team stands up to them......they make too many dumb mistakes...and then Allen just clenches up and makes emotionally altered plays in the clutch.    That goes for Leslie Frazier as well, not just the players.   I'm just mystified by that call that set up the winning TD for Miami.    Called such a good game and then that inexcusable bonehead f*cking call.

Hopefully this is somehow a learning experience about dealing with adversity better but this is not much better than the Jacksonville loss.     They had the ball all game on offense and couldn't score because of mistakes.    Some of that is the lack of dynamic offensive players causing them to have to go 20 plays to get the length of the damn field.........but clearly too much of their offense is Allen buying 5-7 seconds to throw, in which case even the Reggie Gilliams types can get open.    

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.