NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

10 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

That was garbage.  Means nothing about how good we are.  But let's stop pretending Miami is trash. 

Agreed. If I was neutral, that game would tell me that in the long run the Bills are the stronger team, probably by a good amount.

BUT, I give Miami's defense a lot of credit. They were on the field forever and they still really played tough all day. They were hitting, covering. They made life difficult for Josh who gutted it out but clearly didn't have his usual magic. Miami is going to make some noise. They seem like a scrappy wild card team to me. And they deserve a lot of credit for hanging in that game and making plays. Sure the Bills missed some opportunities. But so did the Dolphins. They dropped a few potential interceptions.

Anyway, very difficult to watch. Can't say I enjoyed it. But it was just one of those weird games that happen pretty regularly in the NFL. Too bad we couldn't get a chance for a kick at the end. But given the week we've had, kind of fitting. I plan to forget this past week immediately.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

If you guys do not think our injury losses contributed to this, im not sure what to say.  I have never saw a week 3 injury report as bad as the Bills this week.  It showed on the field.  You can't have 10 people just step up and replace everyone we lost.  Its been brutal.

A lot of people here seem to have thought the injuries wouldn't matter, simply because we won the first two games the way we did.

Other Bills fans hadn't (or still have not) caught on that Miami is a solid team this year.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

I actually thought coverage was serviceable today. We got worked with a lot of misdirection which comes down to Poyer and Hyde. 

As far as straight physical play I thought the secondary did “OK”

It wasn't terrible but hurt us at bad times like that deep throw to Waddle...no way that was a completion against Hyde and Poyer...

Milano dropping a pick 6 didn't help

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CSBill said:

We lost that game, they didn’t win it:

- Davi’s dropped TD

- Milano dropped TD interception

- Missed easy FG

- 3rd and 22 and Defense goes soft

- 2nd and goal and get nothing

- Josh throws it into the dirt on wide open receiver 

- Crowder doesn’t get out of bounce 

- Out gained them by 250 yards

Ugh!!!! 

Don’t forget fumbled inside 10 yd line that led to 7pts

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

A lot of people here seem to have thought the injuries wouldn't matter, simply because we won the first two games the way we did.

Other Bills fans hadn't (or still have not) caught on that Miami is a solid team this year.

They beat our 2nd/3rd stringers with their starters by 2 points.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.