NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

People sure love to overreact to one game.

Down 5 defensive starters

down our Center

3 muffed snaps - one costing us a field goal opportunity

out gained them 2:1

offense was literally crawling back to the sidelines after plays they were so tired

Allen missed one big throw this game, it cost them

Milano dropped Int

i mean guys Cmon… let’s calm down

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

McDermott sucks in close games.

Why?  Because Josh double clutched a TD pass, or because Quesenberry held when in FG range?  Or when Milano dropped a pick 6? or a bad snap at end of 1st half cost us a FG?

Gimme a break, they overcomed alot this week and came up short because they made too many mistakes in crucial situations.  

Factor in playing in 100 degree heat. And before anyone says Miami deals with the same thing, their sideline is shaded the ENTIRE game.  Not sure how the league or union doesn't look at heat index and consider that as dangerous as lightning... do we need to see a star QB come out due to the heat before considering a rule change

Edited by MasterStrategist
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Pat M only needed 13 seconds….Josh had over a minute. 

I believe the Chefs have room on their bandwagon.

I wouldn't trade Allen for anybody in the league.  We played with half a team today, in tough conditions, on the road, with less than stellar officiating.

We'll be okay. 

Anyone ready to throw in the towel over one close loss in September must be new to the NFL... but those are probably the same folks that were making Super Bowl plans after a couple of blowout wins.

Long season ahead... I love our chances!

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

That still baffles me.  Pressure helps the rookies.  Frazier out thought himself, like is apt to do.

He always does in critical moments where pressure and hurrying the qb is crucial.goes all the way back to the 2019 playoff game vs texans..then carried over to the 13s game and now again today 

Edited by Billever76

1 minute ago, Ross Murdock said:

Bottom line... Bills had PLENTY of chances.. Missed FG, Dolphins gave them the game... They didn't take it. Bills still can't win close games.. It's a problem. 

Don't think I am going there yet...

This is a great team playing without most of their starters, and the others playing at half-speed dinged up. I am not going to overreact to this loss. The only point I would concede is that it was new for the Bills to play from behind - that does test things you may have only done in practice.

Even the way they were going for it before the half - our 2nd string center mishandles the exchange....

This is exactly the kind of game you don't over analyze.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Umm, about 80% of the players cramped up. How did his dumb ass not have them prepared?? 

All they can do is give players fluids.  WTF you expect.  Miami players were cramping and dropping too and they are more acclimated and in the shade.  Give it a rest.

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

So many injuries, mistakes and horrifically one-sided officiating.  This game had it all.

Miami is the new Cincinatti, and the NFL needs its Cinderella team.  Between Tua somehow clearing concussion protocal and the refs being blatently bias it was pretty clear who the league wanted to win.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, gridirongold said:

They never drafted or picked up a runner. This has been their problem 3 year a plus. And 1 is a horrible down for the Bills. Most of this forum loved the Cook pick though. 

Motor is a very good back imo.

Moss is our sledgehammer. 

17 is a monster. Gilliam is a FB.

Pound that rock 3 times for 2 yards. 

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Or pound the rock 3 times. Brutal

Can’t remember the last time I saw a Bills running back just go up and over a pile on the goal line… for as great as this offense can be, they get away from the basics in short yardage situations a bit too much for my liking. This loss feels far to similar to the Tennessee game from last year. Can’t leave Ws on the field in such a competitive conference.  Losing games like this that are there for the taking just like KC makes me think there is a good chance McDermott has plateaued. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.