9/25/22 Gameday Bills at Dolphins Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t get there. I know what this team is made of. And fielding this many backups on the road in a short week is a recipe for a loss. Which is not the end of the world. They are going to lose some games

Not today my loyal friend.  Not today.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If Van Roten is at centre I fear for our offense considering his snaps against the Titans. We didn't click again until Morse came back into the game on Monday night.

Cold off the bench isn’t always a fair barometer though. Gotta think he seen some better practice reps this week knowing Morse was dinged up and of course watching film from the Tennessee game. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

LOL! As if your the coach and know better 🤦‍♂️ If it was as obvious as you say, I don’t think VanRoten would have got the center snaps during practice. Bates didn’t come in at center against Simmons last week, so it’s hard to imagine him coming in at center against a lesser interior d-line. 

Bates was the best guard on the team last season and didn't start until week 10. I think you give these guys too much credit as if they always make the right decision.

Good opportunity for Roten to show he can play. 

5 minutes ago, WMDman said:

guys im NERVOUS....

I'm actually less nervous this game than the last 2. I know we have an offense that's a juggernaut. Maybe we only have a defense that's average this week, but I Billieve(😉) Allen will still be the real difference in this game and pull it off.

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I'm actually less nervous this game than the last 2. I know we have an offense that's a juggernaut. Maybe we only have a defense that's average this week, but I Billieve(😉) Allen will still be the real difference in this game and pull it off.

I feel less nervous too. If we lose (as long as the offense doesn't have an off day) then it's down to a heavily depleted defense. What else can be done about it?

Obviously if we lose 9-6 or something like that then questions will be asked.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I honestly think the pass rush will be a factor as well. Those guys on the DL are going to ball out to help out the secondary

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I think part of it is that even if we lose today, we have excuses for that.  If we win, just confirms we’re still head and shoulders above the rest of the division.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Bates was the best guard on the team last season and didn't start until week 10. I think you give these guys too much credit as if they always make the right decision.

Good opportunity for Roten to show he can play. 

I would definitely give them more credit than anyone here, myself included. They don’t always make the right decision, but who does? Good luck finding a staff that’s perfect. Doesn’t exist. 

In my mind, Hyde and Poyer coming here was the end of the drought and the beginning of this fun era. They are incredibly responsible for our success and are easily the most underrated safety duo in recent history…..that being said, today is really the first time we have seen 2 other guys run this system. What if these replacements play awesome and we find out it’s a lot of the scheme 🤷‍♂️ Super wishful thinking lol Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.