9/25/22 Gameday Bills at Dolphins Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

I'm not going to lie. I'm worried about this game. I want to win badly because of all the Tua hype and also knowing the Bills need to keep pace for the 1 seed. 

So I have done what I typically do when I want to win badly. I'm paying for a W. Put some heavy bets on the Dolphins this week.

My concerns are the Bills offense is way overdue for a below average game. Hopefully not a terrible game but a below average game could be enough to keep the score uncomfortably close. And I mentioned in another thread I think Miami is going to have success on the ground if they beat the Bills today. The Bills run defense has been great but I think the McDaniel running game will have some new wrinkles in it today and Miami has a lot of speed compared to say the Titans and Derrick Henry. So while we shut the Titans down we will likely need a different game plan against Miami's personnel. 

Also, I'm not as concerned about our secondary simply because I still see Tua as a limited QB and the Bills have one of the best pass rushes in the league. McDermott and Frazier have always gotten great secondary play out of the team too. Where they sometimes slip up is in stopping the run.

I had the most vivid nightmare last night (seemed to go on forever)that Josh somehow forced his way out of Buffalo to join the Niners and we were forced to start Keenum today.  I checked this board in my dream and everyone was like "next man up!" and I'm thinking WTF is wrong with these guys? Lol.

You can imagine my joy when I awoke this morning, checked the Board, and confirmed that Josh is in fact still the quarterback of the Buffalo Bills.  Bills 45, Dolphins 21

• Haha (+1) 5

23 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

The only person unhappy about Davis playing today.

It’s a risky play by Scottlaw. Seems likely that he would very much enjoy some Kumerow/Beane bashing. But what if Kumerow produces? Sticky situation. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Edited by JDHillFan
Fat finger
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm not going to lie. I'm worried about this game. I want to win badly because of all the Tua hype and also knowing the Bills need to keep pace for the 1 seed. 

So I have done what I typically do when I want to win badly. I'm paying for a W. Put some heavy bets on the Dolphins this week.

My concerns are the Bills offense is way overdue for a below average game. Hopefully not a terrible game but a below average game could be enough to keep the score uncomfortably close. And I mentioned in another thread I think Miami is going to have success on the ground if they beat the Bills today. The Bills run defense has been great but I think the McDaniel running game will have some new wrinkles in it today and Miami has a lot of speed compared to say the Titans and Derrick Henry. So while we shut the Titans down we will likely need a different game plan against Miami's personnel. 

Also, I'm not as concerned about our secondary simply because I still see Tua as a limited QB and the Bills have one of the best pass rushes in the league. McDermott and Frazier have always gotten great secondary play out of the team too. Where they sometimes slip up is in stopping the run.

My 88 y/o Dad echoes these same sentiments-minus the huge bet. I agree we’ve had bummer offensive performances in the past, but I’m banking on the 2022 Josh Allen who’s suffered those poor performances enough to seemingly have improved his focus even further. Plus, while there’s some tape out there on Dorsey’s play calling, I’m sure no one has seen it all yet. 
🤞

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

I love that Miami is getting so over hyped and the fans are SO obnoxious. My Miami hatred has waned over the years, I was a kid through the 70s so didn’t feel that pain as much as some and then the Pats* dominated us for so long so my hatred vault is mostly full of Pats*. But now, now I feel that old Miami hatred starting to perk up. I don’t have anything against Tua, it’s more the Miami hype and the fans. I would love nothing more than for us to win, preferably dominating but even a 1 point victory will crush those posers and have them questioning if they can ever beat us.

It's typically always about the opposing fan base. During the drought years I was pretty much indifferent to Miami. But I DESPISED the Jets mostly due to their fans. But I agree the tides of hate within the division are changing. 

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

My 88 y/o Dad echoes these same sentiments-minus the huge bet. I agree we’ve had bummer offensive performances in the past, but I’m banking on the 2022 Josh Allen who’s suffered those poor performances enough to seemingly have improved his focus even further. Plus, while there’s some tape out there on Dorsey’s play calling, I’m sure no one has seen it all yet. 
🤞

With regards to Dorsey, there is talk about the Bills possibly opening up the running game even more. That would be a nice wrinkle. Also, Knox has been very quiet in the passing game thus far. I continue to place 2+ and 3+ TD wagers for Knox. 

For what it is worth the last time I felt the desire to pay for a W was the MNF game last year against the Patriots. Sadly my bank roll increased.

• Shocked 1

On the plus side this Bills team will not be going into this game over confident. The hype around the Dolphins last quarter of offense and the seriousness of the injuries on the Bills defense will have the entire Bills team feeling like they need to step up. And I do think that is a real factor in this game. Probably a blessing actually that the Dolphins passing game exploded in that last quarter. I do think if McDaniel is wise he will try to counter with more speed in the running game if the Bills try to play two deep in coverage the whole game.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I am expecting a very passive approach from Fraiser and company on D. They will likely stick with their front 4 pressure, while keeping the top on the speedy WRs and as a result, probably give up chunk yardage at times in that 12-15 yard window and invite the quick dump offs. 

I am okay with this. Make them earn their points. Can you force 10-12 play drives? I think Tua and company, paired with our pressure up front, leaves little wiggle room for error, especially when you factor what we have on the other side of the ball. 

That being said, we HAVE to tackle well. We cannot be in the business of letting a 5 yard pass go for 50. 

Offensively, you know the drill.

Allen will take over this game, despite our issues on defense. I think we will see  a relatively closer game that the first two weeks, but still win decisively. 

Bills over Dolphins, 35-28

make tua dink and dunk. He’s not elite Brees. He’ll make a mistake. 

40 minutes ago, muppy said:

Good Morning 2BD.  Just over 3 hours un till kickoff. Im curious as to how this game will unfold.

I think Von Miller is going to fold senor tua like a piece of paper. Either he or Groot take your pick. 

I think Josh Allen is going to do HIS thing, and we all know what that is...ahem Score Touchdowns

Squish the stinkin Fish. Get your goldfish crackers ready folks ....SQUISH!~!~!~!!!!!

lol-GO BILLS

m

I’m picturing some Tua-gami going on 😂P_Dolphin_Sovann_Pure.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.