9/25/22 Gameday Bills at Dolphins Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ah yes, apparently the Super Bowl Champion has to have the leagues top Offense, top Defensive Line, top 5 LB tandem, All-Pro Safety, top tier slot Corner, All-Pro outside Corner AND Micah Hyde.  

Definitely a House of Cards out there dependent upon one player.   

Yeah but they have Tua, soooooo…..

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

@TBBills it was a genuine question. Who has disrespected the Bills? 

No one from what I’ve seen.  And I’ve seen just about everything on YT.  90% of the people I’ve seen are picking the Bills. 

This might be the worst Bills injury report I can remember.  I can’t believe the line has only moved .5 to -5.  

I don’t have a good feeling about this game due to the injuries….then I think…..17.

63-58 Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Louis Riddick was a defensive back right? Might be a bit more biased when it comes to that position

Obviously a big loss but as long as we have Allen on offense and miller on defense we should be able to get through these injuries

Louis Riddick was a safety

he played from 1991 to 1998

His brother, Robb Riddick, was a running back with the Buffalo Bills for eight seasons.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Great point.  I think a lot of us (myself included) have been wrapped up in the Dolphins insane finish last week and bought into the media hype around this game.  Couple that with all the defensive players missing it's easy to go down a hole thinking negatively.  Then I have to remind myself that our offense is basically full strength (assuming Davis and Morse play) and we have Allen.  I think if I'm taking my emotion out of it this should be a hard fought game for a while but I see the Bills pulling away and winning by double digits at the end of the day.

Just like the first two games 😊

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Exactly.  I look at our team like a boxer...seems early on we are feeling out the opponent, finding our range, and getting into the fight.  Then we just start landing body blow after body blow.  Then boom, KO.

Rope a dope, love it!  Let them land a punch or two, think they have a chance, then POW!

52 minutes ago, balln said:

Louis riddick was pretty doom and gloom about bills now w Hyde out. Re super bowl chances 

he said gonna be rough today on safeties 

It's going to be rough on Tuna with Von, Rousseau, Epenesa and Boogie pinning their ears back today. Tuna's gonna be sore tomorrow after this loss.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

So, from an offensive stand point, I think Diggs will be doubled for the game. I'm interested to see the game plan that gets Knox, McKenzie and Crowder involved when that happens. And maybe Davis, though I'm not convinced he's a full go. Is this a McKenzie game ala the Patriots last year? The Dolphins played a lot of zone against the Patriots and then went with man against the Ravens. Will be interesting what they decided to do.

I dare them to be man heavy against Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

Here’s what Touchdown Wire’s Doug Farrar wrote about Tagovailoa:

TuAnon revelers, unite! When pressured in 2021, Tagovailoa completed 49 of 104 passes for 606 yards, 356 air yards, three touchdowns, eight interceptions, and a passer rating of 43.2.

Less than ideal when your offensive line allows 253 pressures — per Pro Football Focus, the most allowed by any front five in the league.”

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/12/tua-tagovailoa-worst-qb-under-pressure/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I am expecting a very passive approach from Fraiser and company on D. They will likely stick with their front 4 pressure, while keeping the top on the speedy WRs and as a result, probably give up chunk yardage at times in that 12-15 yard window and invite the quick dump offs. 

I am okay with this. Make them earn their points. Can you force 10-12 play drives? I think Tua and company, paired with our pressure up front, leaves little wiggle room for error, especially when you factor what we have on the other side of the ball. 

That being said, we HAVE to tackle well. We cannot be in the business of letting a 5 yard pass go for 50. 

Offensively, you know the drill.

Allen will take over this game, despite our issues on defense. I think we will see  a relatively closer game that the first two weeks, but still win decisively. 

Bills over Dolphins, 35-28

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.