9/25/22 Gameday Bills at Dolphins Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Have we got 22 healthy people?

When was the last time Miami stopped Josh Allen?

did their vaunted defense improve from last season?

so the Fins have shiny speedy WR’s and a QB who’s deep ball is slow as hell. 

speed and slow high arcs? 

maybe they score more than 20. BFD when the Bills score 35 or more.  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

I love that Miami is getting so over hyped and the fans are SO obnoxious. My Miami hatred has waned over the years, I was a kid through the 70s so didn’t feel that pain as much as some and then the Pats* dominated us for so long so my hatred vault is mostly full of Pats*. But now, now I feel that old Miami hatred starting to perk up. I don’t have anything against Tua, it’s more the Miami hype and the fans. I would love nothing more than for us to win, preferably dominating but even a 1 point victory will crush those posers and have them questioning if they can ever beat us.

• Like (+1) 1

Tim Settle is the big question mark for me. 

Daquan Jones is a stud, but more of a space occupier.  Bryant is solid, but also more in the mold of a big body space eater.  Without Phillips and Oliver, we’re more relying on a DE kicking inside to provide pass rush up the middle. 

If Settle can go, that gives us at least one DT with strong pass rush ability.

Would love to see Edmunds & Milano used in pass rush/simulated pass rush throughout the game.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Happy Game Day Morning, TBD!  What a great day for a game in Miami. Perfect scenario, the Phish all of a sudden have an MVP QB (at least for one quarter), they have two all-world receivers, a whiz-kid head coach, our Defense is decimated with injuries. .... We have no chance! ..... Perfect! Crush their little Phish spirits today!

Let's Go Buffalo!

^^^ This.

Sure the shear volume of D players out is slightly concerning as is the consolidated timing of them being out, but this is the NFL and the backups are highly paid professionals. I think the media narrative of the Bills being 'vulnerable' will be leveraged in our favor. Great teams deal with stuff like this, in a successful way. This game will codify how "great" this Bills team is, this year.

I trust Beane, McD, Frazier and most importantly the Bills players who have worked so long and so hard for this exact moment in time.

Go Bills!

• Agree 4

So here is my gameplan for d today. 

2 high as much as possible and keep things in front of them.  

If we Blitz.  Bring LBs or corners. 

Edmunds needs to keep enough depth to get his hands on some crosses.  

Take the ball and score first to put pressure on Tua. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

When was the last time Miami stopped Josh Allen?

did their vaunted defense improve from last season?

so the Fins have shiny speedy WR’s and a QB who’s deep ball is slow as hell. 

speed and slow high arcs? 

maybe they score more than 20. BFD when the Bills score 35 or more.  

Chill out, it was a joke. 

But I think the score will be almost exactly that... mid 30s Bills beats mid 20s Dolphins. 34-26. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

So, from an offensive stand point, I think Diggs will be doubled for the game. I'm interested to see the game plan that gets Knox, McKenzie and Crowder involved when that happens. And maybe Davis, though I'm not convinced he's a full go. Is this a McKenzie game ala the Patriots last year? The Dolphins played a lot of zone against the Patriots and then went with man against the Ravens. Will be interesting what they decided to do.

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Tim Settle is the big question mark for me. 

Daquan Jones is a stud, but more of a space occupier.  Bryant is solid, but also more in the mold of a big body space eater.  Without Phillips and Oliver, we’re more relying on a DE kicking inside to provide pass rush up the middle. 

Im thinking we might see more of Rousseau at DT on passing situations and/or Basham.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Chill out, it was a joke. 

But I think the score will be almost exactly that... mid 30s Bills beats mid 20s Dolphins. 34-26. 

😝

Have another pint 🍺 

i knee it was a joke. 

Yes I quoted your post but 

My words were just observations 

more for the Worry Warts 

Kyle Brandt says Hi. 
you may see him in London at the game 

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/6273300/good-morning-football-set-location-london/amp/

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

So, from an offensive stand point, I think Diggs will be doubled for the game. I'm interested to see the game plan that gets Knox, McKenzie and Crowder involved when that happens. And maybe Davis, though I'm not convinced he's a full go. Is this a McKenzie game ala the Patriots last year? The Dolphins played a lot of zone against the Patriots and then went with man against the Ravens. Will be interesting what they decided to do.

Miami's thin at CB and Howard if he plays isn't 100% (groin).  Could be a long day for Miami D.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.