9/25/22 Gameday Bills at Dolphins Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

I Hate the Miami Dolphins.

Have since they entered the AFL in ‘66. Aqua & Coral? Flipper in an endzone tank jumping through hoops?? Palm trees and bikinis In Football??? 🤢🤮

It’s that damned 70’s thing..  While I’ve thoroughly enjoyed curb stomping them nearly every game Allen has started (thanks Charles Clay..😡) and crushing Shula & Marino’s hopes to return to the Super Bowl, I’m glad they appear to be crawling out of the basement cuz it makes me look bad, openly mocking the less fortunate for so many years.. But truth be told, I actually hate them MORE these days -because of their owner.

The NFL should rethink & implement significant new background checks on potential new club owners, instead of simply having dollar signs for eyeballs. This new breed of Horrible Billionaire team owners is having a deleterious effect across the League. Currently, Miami owner Steven Ross chairs the NFL Trashthrone, but 7 other owners are or have recently faced criminal charges/serious League violations. That’s 22% of NFL owners! We’re so very fortunate the 2 Bills owners are throwbacks to when decent wealthy people led major corporations. Say what you will about Ralph and his frugality, he and Terry are honorable men who chose compassion over obsession, charity over greed. Even then, the same can’t be said for the Sabres with nefarious dirty dealings being the norm after Seymore & Norty sold the team.

But enough about me. 

Spanking the World Champs & Conference #1 seed by a combined 75-17 score to start the year has been overshadowed by an alarmingly long list of casualties! The absolute worst of which is Micah Hyde’s neck injury. We are literally limping into Hard Rock Stadium with HALF our starting Defense and a gimpy Offense. Meanwhile, the Fish are riding their highest high since Shula retired. They’ve always had great talent, they just let it leave after a couple years..😳 South Florida is now in a frenzy and this is their Super Bowl!

Will the team step up with the next man up? Our fantastic depth 2 weeks ago has rapidly depleted, but no one will mention that if the pastel pretty boys pull off a win and take over the Division. By the same token, Leslie Frazier will likely be a HC again after this season if we can pull off a very challenging road win! 

Josh? Von? Stephon? Dion? Mitch? Matt?  THIS is why we pay you the BIG BUCK$!

Go BILLS!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 12

Happy Game Day Morning, TBD!  What a great day for a game in Miami. Perfect scenario, the Phish all of a sudden have an MVP QB (at least for one quarter), they have two all-world receivers, a whiz-kid head coach, our Defense is decimated with injuries. .... We have no chance! ..... Perfect! Crush their little Phish spirits today!

Let's Go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.