Johnson, Hamlin, a Vet trade?

Wizard

11 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Umm... sorry but there is a MASSIVE gap between Johnson and Hyde athletically, pull their profiles on Playerprofiler.com ... Johnson is near bottom percentile in every athletic measurement, plus he's undersized.  Not a good combo. Hyde is bigger eh 4.56 speed, Johnson is small with 4.69 speed.  Eesh.

The argument presented was Allen/Barkley Hyde/Johnson. So help me understand which of the two has a more massive gap ? Eesh…

5 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Harrison Smith

Is a step slow at this point in his career 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

When i say we have ignored backup safety and it is the weakest part of our roster, and you respond by saying not everyone can be an all pro, that is the literal definition of a strawman argument.

And now you just did it again saying you can't have a highly paid player at every position lol. 

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/straw-man-fallacy/

What is a straw man argument?

A straw man argument, sometimes called a straw person argument or spelled strawman argument, is the logical fallacy of distorting an opposing position into an extreme version of itself and then arguing against that extreme version. In creating a straw man argument, the arguer strips the opposing point of view of any nuance and often misrepresents it in a negative light. 

The argument your not interested in listening to is the Bills develop DB’s. It’s a strength of this coaching staff. You chose not to listen to that argument and somehow feel the GM has been negligent with this position group. We will find out in 2-3 games. But to say it’s a straw man when in fact the argument has been presented is not logical. Seems a bit much imho. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SCBills said:

Why is he always so annoying?  I find highly improbable that Mark Gaughan reported on the significance of the injury mid-week, but the Bills were caught off guard.  

The guy replacing him has been in the system for years.  

Not sure why “this would hit Bills harder than most”. 

Problem is the Buffalo media are soft and don’t probe for answers. They just take any no answer Sean provides and nod their heads. My guess is the Bills knew this was coming much earlier in the week 

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

The backups played OK...

Get used to playing without Poyer and Hyde would be my advice...

Yup.  Big plays may happen more often.  It is what it is.  

Game was lost by the Offense and their inability to handle the hot weather in relation to TOP..  It was not on the Defense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

The argument your not interested in listening to is the Bills develop DB’s. It’s a strength of this coaching staff. You chose not to listen to that argument and somehow feel the GM has been negligent with this position group. We will find out in 2-3 games. But to say it’s a straw man when in fact the argument has been presented is not logical. Seems a bit much imho. 

It's not that i don't listen to it, I've actually directly addressed when it was eventually said. But since you actually said it I'll respond again. 

The two safties we drafted in the 6th round are undersized and lack NFL starting caliber athleticism. They are grinder type special teamers.  They do not have the physical ability to be NFL starters. So you can develop all you want from a mental or technical standpoint, but you don't have players at the physical ability to do so. Hamlin is a little better than JJ, little bigger and can crack the 25th percentile, but JJ is a 10th percentile athlete at the NFL level.  It showed today too. Late to the ball, consistently behind the play, and competely undressed one drive that culminated in a TD after a long gain to Waddle where he split the two of them in double coverage and blew by JJ like he was standing still. 

I'm all for developing talent but you need to at least have a guy with physical ability to start. What they have is the profile of a special teamer. 

These are the only two safties drafted in the 6 years of McD. 

You need to have at least 1 serviceable backup safety, either a vet or a guy you are grooming who actually has the physical ability to start at the NFL level. We have none.

... and it's not about money because we are paying Matakevich and Neal over $3 MM per year each to be purely special teamers.

31 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

It's not that i don't listen to it, I've actually directly addressed when it was eventually said. But since you actually said it I'll respond again. 

The two safties we drafted in the 6th round are undersized and lack NFL starting caliber athleticism. They are grinder type special teamers.  They do not have the physical ability to be NFL starters. So you can develop all you want from a mental or technical standpoint, but you don't have players at the physical ability to do so. Hamlin is a little better than JJ, little bigger and can crack the 25th percentile, but JJ is a 10th percentile athlete at the NFL level.  It showed today too. Late to the ball, consistently behind the play, and competely undressed one drive that culminated in a TD after a long gain to Waddle where he split the two of them in double coverage and blew by JJ like he was standing still. 

I'm all for developing talent but you need to at least have a guy with physical ability to start. What they have is the profile of a special teamer. 

These are the only two safties drafted in the 6 years of McD. 

You need to have at least 1 serviceable backup safety, either a vet or a guy you are grooming who actually has the physical ability to start at the NFL level. We have none.

... and it's not about money because we are paying Matakevich and Neal over $3 MM per year each to be purely special teamers.

Ok and they essentially made one bad play today. I’ll just disagree on your premise. S play and having a vet backup was not the issue today. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.