Johnson, Hamlin, a Vet trade?

Wizard

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Everyone please R-E-L-A-X.  Wait til

there really is a problem.

Some of you still have drought PTSD.  You either believe in you’re team, the coaching and Mgmt, or you don’t.  If every hiccup and hate to tell you there will probably be another, you do t have the stomach for a Bills Mafia guy.  Weather the storm.

Bright side.  Tre will be back in A few weeks, the D Line even with injuries is better, and our coaches always get the most out of our secondary.

Don’t do it. When you want to Kumerow. 

36 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m not sure. I don’t think he’d be out of work next year, maybe I used a poor choice of words but I’d imagine he’s playing for about 5-10 million in guarantees on that contract though. 

He absolutely has the chance to earn a bigger payday

And I don’t think he necessarily would’ve gotten a huge contract… But like a 3 year 10 mill deal

4-6 mill guarantee 

• Like (+1) 1

Hyde will be missed but Johnson is very capable.  This D is about the sum of its parts not the individual pieces.  McD will have these guys ready.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

TBD Squad, im traveling during the early part of the game tomorrow for work to Philly so root on our Bills.  

I’m praying to the airline gods my AA flight has the tvs and has the game.  

Now that we are both 2-0, this one becomes even more important.  For those heading south, drive the fir weathered fans of South Beach nuts and we’ll rule the 2nd half taking over the stadium.  Our boys will love it.

GO BILLS!  20-0 BABY!

Cant you just purchase the planes wifi and find the game on your phone or ipad or something?

• Agree 1

I had a post in the Micah Hyde injury thread about free agents.  The bottom line is, there's not much out there.  Teams are probably not going to be highly motivated to help Buffalo's anticipated Super Bowl run by trading a quality veteran too Buffalo at a fair price.  They will fill Hyde's roster spot with someone who can play safety or perhaps fill it with a CB and move Siran Neal's primary responsibility back to safety.  Either Johnson or Hamlin is likely to start the rest of the year, and the guy who doesn't start will end up as the primary backup.

Hyde and Poyer play huge roles in this defense. Having them allows the team to do lots of things. Will be interesting to see who steps up and how this plays out. Johnson has played one real game in his career and that was a 40-0 blowout vs HOU. The Bills would not have paid Hyde if he was not as important as people want to admit. Does not mean doom and gloom, just a bigger task and downgrade without him on the field. 

• Agree 1

Unless I have missed it somewhere, who/what/where/why trade for a vet? Who is available? Why do people just assume Johnson and Hamlin can’t handle it? 

it boggles my mind that people think bringing in a completely new guy and putting them out on the field is a better solution than playing the guys who have been here for a couple of years 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Hyde will be missed but Johnson is very capable.  This D is about the sum of its parts not the individual pieces.  McD will have these guys ready.

Cant you just purchase the planes wifi and find the game on your phone or ipad or something?

Won’t know until I’m on the plane.

I travel many weeks but not as much as before.  It’s the roulette lottery whether you get a plane you get the game on the ipad or not.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honest question, for those posting Johnson and Hamlin will be fine. What are you basing that on? Hyde and Poyer have barely left the field in the last four years. There is very little game tape for any of the back up safeties. For a few years, Neal was the 3rd safety. 

I'm not saying they can't play well, I just don't understand all the posts that say the defense will be fine or that the backups will play well. 

I think trusting in LF and the team development concept. Both Hyde and Poyer had potential but were unproven until they came to the Bills. Johnson has 4 years in the system and I think he has the best chance of immediate success. Hamlin might be more of a work in progress but see them staying with these 2 over big names on the market. Hyde is certainly a loss but the confidence in the Bills prep has me feeling Johnson will be decent. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Why is he always so annoying?  I find highly improbable that Mark Gaughan reported on the significance of the injury mid-week, but the Bills were caught off guard.  

The guy replacing him has been in the system for years.  

Not sure why “this would hit Bills harder than most”. 

I think it hits harder because he is a proven leader who makes impact plays all over the field   You can’t replace his game experience and he is a poster for the process and culture    He is a classy leader who brings lots of intangibles and it’s a shame he won’t be there for the best chance I can think of since the 90’s to actually win  a Super Bowl   Plus it hits harder because IF he has what I think he has as a diagnosis , spinal stenosis, it  could mean the end of his career as a Bill and perhaps in football as well  as surgery doesn’t promise he can return to play   The surgery hopefully fixes the problem but that could just mean he can lead a normal life afterwards  I think it’s the POSSIBILITY of permanently being gone that makes this hit a little harder, certainly from an emotional standpoint.  

I get your point tho that we should have a capable replacement and hopefully that will be enough on the field to keep the d playing at a great level   This game and the KC game will really test the secondary    😊😉

15 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

I think trusting in LF and the team development concept. Both Hyde and Poyer had potential but were unproven until they came to the Bills. Johnson has 4 years in the system and I think he has the best chance of immediate success. Hamlin might be more of a work in progress but see them staying with these 2 over big names on the market. Hyde is certainly a loss but the confidence in the Bills prep has me feeling Johnson will be decent. 

I understand what you are saying but that logic doesn't really work. That would be akin to saying Barkley has been in the same QB room for three years and can function well in relief of Allen. 

The only real reason people are optimistic is because they are unknowns. We don't know how they are going to play so people are assuming just because Hyde and Poyer developed in McD's system so will these other guys. They very well may and then even more kudos to McD and Frazier for coaching them up. 

Tomorrow will be a great test. Beane failed to get Von Miller last year to put us over the top. We need to see if these kids are good enough or if Beane needs to make a move. All in this year no matter the cost.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

BD Squad, im traveling during the early part of the game tomorrow for work to Philly so root on our Bills.  

I’m praying to the airline gods my AA flight has the tvs and has the game.  

Now that we are both 2-0, this one becomes even more important.  For those heading south, drive the fir weathered fans of South Beach nuts and we’ll rule the 2nd half taking over the stadium.  Our boys will love it.

Your flying on a commuter jet. You'll be lucky to have a bathroom. Plus the Bills game is not televised locally in Philly. Better find a bar with an NFL package. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.