Johnson, Hamlin, a Vet trade?

Wizard

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Wasn't Hyde getting his second opinion a day or two after the game, you'd have to think they had a pretty good idea then. He was one of the first ruled out this week Thad is just full of hot air.

Especially since Hyde is traveling with the team - he will be there to make sure these guys are ready and will get everyone together.

It was a typical “Hot Take” from Thad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Why more threads?!  We need a dance!

image.thumb.jpeg.b2c80ca796737b5f83ae0205e4462eee.jpeg

We can dance if we want to, you can leave you’re friends behind, cuz if you don’t dance, then we can’t dance, and we’ll leave you behind.  It’s a Safety Dance!

Classic 80’s Ridge.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Dude, that was funny.  As Ridge said, it’s a Safety Dance.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

As I said in the Micah Hyde injury thread. 
This is why you draft and develop. This is the EXACT situation. Hamlin and Johnson have been developing for years now. 
Johnson has been here 3 years in the film room and practice with Hyde and Poyer. He knows his job. 
He’s also playing for HUGE amounts of money. If Hyde plays all season Johnson is probably scrounging for a contract next year with barely no tape. Now he has a chance to play on an elite team and put out film for the league to see and get a contract next offseason. 
There is not an option available that will fit better than Jaquan right now. He knows the system, the players, the tendencies. 
Obviously they’ll address the depth or if they like what we have they’ll sign depth in another area. 

This post makes me feel a lot better about our situation. Lot of good points. Johnson will thrive 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

TBD Squad, im traveling during the early part of the game tomorrow for work to Philly so root on our Bills.  

I’m praying to the airline gods my AA flight has the tvs and has the game.  

Now that we are both 2-0, this one becomes even more important.  For those heading south, drive the fir weathered fans of South Beach nuts and we’ll rule the 2nd half taking over the stadium.  Our boys will love it.

GO BILLS!  20-0 BABY!

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

Everybody is saddened to hear Micah’s injury but don’t get into a panic 

Safety is one of the few positions where Massive growth happens… poyer and Hyde were not even full time starters before Buffalo… now all pros 

Johnson has pedigree and time in the system… He’s gonna ball

• Agree 1

Honest question, for those posting Johnson and Hamlin will be fine. What are you basing that on? Hyde and Poyer have barely left the field in the last four years. There is very little game tape for any of the back up safeties. For a few years, Neal was the 3rd safety. 

I'm not saying they can't play well, I just don't understand all the posts that say the defense will be fine or that the backups will play well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

48 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

As I said in the Micah Hyde injury thread. 
This is why you draft and develop. This is the EXACT situation. Hamlin and Johnson have been developing for years now. 
Johnson has been here 3 years in the film room and practice with Hyde and Poyer. He knows his job. 
He’s also playing for HUGE amounts of money. If Hyde plays all season Johnson is probably scrounging for a contract next year with barely no tape. Now he has a chance to play on an elite team and put out film for the league to see and get a contract next offseason. 
There is not an option available that will fit better than Jaquan right now. He knows the system, the players, the tendencies. 
Obviously they’ll address the depth or if they like what we have they’ll sign depth in another area. 

Your partially right and wrong

Yes this is why you draft and develop… It’s time for Johnson to ball

But he wouldn’t be scrounging for a contract next year… That’s why there’s pro personnel scouts to scour under the radar NFL players

If not the bills He absolutely Would be given a contract with the chance to start… He’s put out plenty of good film in preseason and limited season work 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honest question, for those posting Johnson and Hamlin will be fine. What are you basing that on? Hyde and Poyer have barely left the field in the last four years. There is very little game tape for any of the back up safeties. For a few years, Neal was the 3rd safety. 

I'm not saying they can't play well, I just don't understand all the posts that say the defense will be fine or that the backups will play well. 

Because in the limited time he has played he has played well.   He also always plays well in the pre season.

You can read in the commentary from Bills players even former players who believe that Jaquan is a baller and just needs his opportunity to show it.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Your partially right and wrong

Yes this is why you draft and develop… It’s time for Johnson to ball

But he wouldn’t be scrounging for a contract next year… That’s why there’s pro personnel scouts to scour under the radar NFL players

If not the bills He absolutely Would be given a contract with the chance to start… He’s put out plenty of good film in preseason and limited season work 

I’m not sure. I don’t think he’d be out of work next year, maybe I used a poor choice of words but I’d imagine he’s playing for about 5-10 million in guarantees on that contract though. 

12 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I would say I base it on coaching. They’ve been in the system a long time now working with the coaches along with Hyde and Poyer. They’re in every meeting, seeing all the film. Why would we think a free agent or trade target would perform better than guys who have been here for years? 
I think the defense can still stay elite, but that’s based solely on the pass rush staying this consistent and not based on the talent in the secondary. Without a pass rush we’ve seen how far Hyde, Poyer, Tre and Taron can take this defense, and it hasn’t been enough. With a dominant pass rush though the sky is the limit imo 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Why is he always so annoying?  I find highly improbable that Mark Gaughan reported on the significance of the injury mid-week, but the Bills were caught off guard.  

The guy replacing him has been in the system for years.  

Not sure why “this would hit Bills harder than most”. 

Late in the week for what, Thad? They practiced all week without him.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

They will definitely want to bring in a DB for depth.  As everyone else said, we have safetys and cbs that can play safety ready to play in this system.  Expect some 2-4 year talent that never impressed his former team, but was well rated in draft to join our practice squad or active roster as a backup sometime in the next few weeks.  If they can't find the right guy, then they probably feel comfortable with who they have, baring another injury.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.