Johnson, Hamlin, a Vet trade?

Wizard

Damn. Losing Hyde really hurts from his talent, professionalism, and as a true culture creator of the Bills' identity and defense.

I think Johnson is a serviceable starter and Hamlin gives alright depth.

Any safety vets on non-playoff teams that may reasonably be looked at in a trade?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

Why is he always so annoying?  I find highly improbable that Mark Gaughan reported on the significance of the injury mid-week, but the Bills were caught off guard.  

The guy replacing him has been in the system for years.  

Not sure why “this would hit Bills harder than most”. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

As I said in the Micah Hyde injury thread. 
This is why you draft and develop. This is the EXACT situation. Hamlin and Johnson have been developing for years now. 
Johnson has been here 3 years in the film room and practice with Hyde and Poyer. He knows his job. 
He’s also playing for HUGE amounts of money. If Hyde plays all season Johnson is probably scrounging for a contract next year with barely no tape. Now he has a chance to play on an elite team and put out film for the league to see and get a contract next offseason. 
There is not an option available that will fit better than Jaquan right now. He knows the system, the players, the tendencies. 
Obviously they’ll address the depth or if they like what we have they’ll sign depth in another area. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

Everyone please R-E-L-A-X.  Wait til

there really is a problem.

Some of you still have drought PTSD.  You either believe in you’re team, the coaching and Mgmt, or you don’t.  If every hiccup and hate to tell you there will probably be another, you do t have the stomach for a Bills Mafia guy.  Weather the storm.

Bright side.  Tre will be back in A few weeks, the D Line even with injuries is better, and our coaches always get the most out of our secondary.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Everyone please R-E-L-A-X.  Wait til

there really is a problem.

Some of you still have drought PTSD.  You either believe in you’re team, the coaching and Mgmt, or you don’t.  If every hiccup and hate to tell you there will probably be another, you do t have the stomach for a Bills Mafia guy.  Weather the storm.

Bright side.  Tre will be back in A few weeks, the D Line even with injuries is better, and our coaches always get the most out of our secondary.

Hyde and Poyer don’t have elite athletic traits.   They are smart, dedicated players that fit our scheme. 

No reason Jaquan Johnson can’t do the same. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Let’s have a few more threads to discuss Safety issue to make sure we can cover every possible angle…

My vote is to wait and see how Johnson and/or Hamlin look first hey? 

Johnson in particular has been waiting in the wings for this opportunity for a while..

Why more threads?!  We need a dance!

image.thumb.jpeg.b2c80ca796737b5f83ae0205e4462eee.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I don’t think there will be any major outside moves made I think given Johnson has been in the system for 4 years and was drafted by this team and has played well in spot duty I think they will be fine with him there.

Now that’s not to say that I can’t see McBeane bringing in defensive reinforcements via trade down the line but I think they like what they have in Johnson.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Why is he always so annoying?  I find highly improbable that Mark Gaughan reported on the significance of the injury mid-week, but the Bills were caught off guard.  

Wasn't Hyde getting his second opinion a day or two after the game, you'd have to think they had a pretty good idea then. He was one of the first ruled out this week Thad is just full of hot air.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

B.c if he didn't put that you never would have shared and showed his tweet. Smart click bait.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.