Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Tough break for Hyde, but there is only one injury to the Bills that would just ruin any chance at a SB victory.  Every other position…next man up. 

Have to agree. Hyde’s awesome and this news sucks, but next man up. This team is built to win a championship top to bottom and the coaches will do a great job dealing with the challenges presented. Go Bills! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Tough break for Hyde, but there is only one injury to the Bills that would just ruin any chance at a SB victory.  Every other position…next man up. 

I think Allen or Von would hurt.  Obviously Allen would be the killer, but we need Von in the playoffs.  I don't know if we have other guys who can close out the Chiefs type teams. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Depends what happened with him after cuts. Arizona took him for the PS which means the Bills could have done the same. Not like he was claimed off waivers. So did we not offer him a PS spot to come back? Or did he choose to go elsewhere because he thought there was a more obvious route to the active roster at some point (given our top 4 were pretty set)?

If the former I doubt we go that direction, if the latter it is the obvious 1st move. He didn't have as good of a camp and pre-season as last year it must be said. 

True, but if Poyer can't go sunday we only have Cam Lewis as a backup safety right? We need someone. Landon Collins is a FA, but he'd be new to the system. 

I agree with the poster who said every time they sign it to the forum there's even worse news. Hope Micah looks after himself and recovers quickly.

From our point of view, bringing in a free agent wouldn't be the worst move now. Obviously not in time for tomorrow, but for the Ravens.

4 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Do we sign Josh Thomas back to the active roster off of the Cardinals practice squad now?

They know what they got in Thomas.  Bring in some for tryouts and then make a decision.  They got time.

Let's all remember this is the 2022 Buffalo Bills and not the 2012.  Every agent of a Safety will be calling trying to get their

guy signed.

4 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Sick to my stomach for Micah. What a terrible situation. 

+ 1. I'm hoping it's not the end of the road for him. I know we have a lot of life long bills fans on this board but Im young enough to have come in during the JP Lose-man Era.

I've only known pain and heartache at the hands of the NE Patriots. When Hyde snatched the life out of that entire team last post season with the end zone int it was like a new chapter had officially begun. One of my all time favorite plays as a bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Sick to my stomach for Micah. What a terrible situation. 

scary too.

Wish him a full recovery asap and long term health .

Regardless of if he ever plays again. He gave the Game his All and iy showed up each week!

Been one hell of a Player for Buffalo Bills and I am grateful that we had him.

Luv ya Micah 😃

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agreed on last season, but I don’t care about having a #1 ranked statistical defense that can’t stop power run teams or sack elite QB’s. 

Very different defense this year.  Hyde & Poyer on the back end was an embarrassment of riches once Tre comes back.  I don’t think they are the heart of “this” defense though.   This defense runs through the DL. 

Agree to disagree-  the safeties are the ones that keep the opponents out of the end zone in this defense (even with this DL)  Not corners.  

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would feel ok losing one or the other. Hyde himself said the defense doesn’t miss a beat when Jaquan is in there. Losing both is tough to replace for sure. 

I hope so.  We’ll find out tomorrow!  

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

True, but if Poyer can't go sunday we only have Cam Lewis as a backup safety right? We need someone. Landon Collins is a FA, but he'd be new to the system. 

J. jones and Damar Hamlin bud.  Cam backs those two up.  Jones has been good in preseason for four years and knows the system like the back of his hand.  You just haven’t seen him on the field as Micah and Poyer are almost never injured and if so it’s been brief.

Poyer should play.  I’m sorry for Hyde, but Im not doing the sky is falling thing at this point.  Hopefully we’ll see Poyer most of the year, Dane should be back soon enough and Tre we hope will be ready for the Chiefs.  We also have the best nickel corner in the league not to mention a secondary’s best friend is the pass rush.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Remember him and poyer were nobodies really before they got here.  We had undrafted people starting (wallace) 5th rounders (Johnson) and 2 rookies starting now.   This system is made for DBs...unfortunately I think we will be fine no matter who's back there.  Will we miss leadership.  Yes.  Are they better than back ups.  Yes.  Will it show.  Not much. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He's done as a Bill. Sad news. He was already a guy that may have been on the cap casualty list for this offseason. No way are they keeping him now. Safeties are like RBs. They are a dime a dozen and only a few teams are overpaying for them - Steelers and Seahawks. Bills got there two starting safeties on the cheap in the past and they will do the same thing this off season. Very sad way to end his Bills career but my guess is he played his last game in Bills uniform this past Monday. 

Oh Ethan.  You have no idea what you’re talking about.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

J. jones and Damar Hamlin bud.  Cam backs those two up.  Jones has been good in preseason for four years and knows the system like the back of his hand.  You just haven’t seen him on the field as Micah and Poyer are almost never injured and if so it’s been brief.

Poyer should play.  I’m sorry for Hyde, but I so do the sky is falling thing at this point.  Hopefully we’ll see Poyer most of the year, Dane should be back soon enough and Tre we hope will be ready for the Chiefs.  We also have the best nickel corner in the league not to mention a secondary’s best friend is the pass rush.

yes and yes !

Just now, Hebert19 said:

Remember him and poyer were nobodies really before they got here.  We had undrafted people starting (wallace) 5th rounders (Johnson) and 2 rookies starting now.   This system is made for DBs...unfortunately I think we will be fine no matter who's back there.  Will we miss leadership.  Yes.  Are they better than back ups.  Yes.  Will it show.  Not much. 

Hyde was good, not elite until he came here.  

Poyer was kind of a JAG until he came here. 

Neither of them really have elite traits. 

Respect to the players they’ve become here, but this staff seems to be next level at secondary coaching/scheming. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.