Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

I guess one positive to this, if there is one, is that it's happening early in the season (as opposed to going into the playoffs or late in the year) and the team will have to time adjust.  Plus I'm sure Micah is going to be in Jaquan's ear constantly on the sidelines, film room, etc.

Micah is a huge loss, but I would like to think this team is greater than just one player (except for Allen :) )

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We need a Minkah Fitzpatrick level trade.   

If the Titans lose their next 4 games will Byard be available?

Love Micah Hyde and hate to lose him. However, I don't think we are going to see a trade for a replacement, as I believe Jaquan Johnson is going to surprise a number of people. He is is not quite as good as Hyde in coverage (but not that much of a drop off) and I actually think he is a better tackler. 

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Id probably have to say the Top 5 important guys on Defense are:

Von

Rousseau

Jones

Edmunds

White

Some of it is positional… we’re seeing what a dominant DL does.  Pass Rushers >>> Safety and I think Daquan Jones is sneaky important.  He is a monster at commanding double teams and stuffing the run game.  

The way Edmunds is playing, he’s an elite LB who’s making splash plays.   That’s equally as valuable to a top tier Safety, but Jaquan Johnson is a much higher level replacement player than Dodson or Bernard. 

Tre White, top tier CB when he comes back >>> Safety. 

Milano and Hyde/Poyer.  Our safeties were a strength and Milano has been the big play guy. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I guess one positive to this, if there is one, is that it's happening early in the season (as opposed to going into the playoffs or late in the year) and the team will have to time adjust.  Plus I'm sure Micah is going to be in Jaquan's ear constantly on the sidelines, film room, etc.

Micah is a huge loss, but I would like to think this team is greater than just one player (except for Allen :) )

I agree. Hyde seems to be the brains of the operation back there. That won’t change because he will still be a part of the preparation. He’s been mentoring Jaquan and Damar and will surely continue to do so. I think while it hurts, not much will change.

• Agree 1

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

Do we sign Josh Thomas back to the active roster off of the Cardinals practice squad now?

Depends what happened with him after cuts. Arizona took him for the PS which means the Bills could have done the same. Not like he was claimed off waivers. So did we not offer him a PS spot to come back? Or did he choose to go elsewhere because he thought there was a more obvious route to the active roster at some point (given our top 4 were pretty set)?

If the former I doubt we go that direction, if the latter it is the obvious 1st move. He didn't have as good of a camp and pre-season as last year it must be said. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.