Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All pro- team captain- culture leader-  1/2 of one of the best safety tandems in the league- those guys don’t get cut all the time because they don’t exist all the time.  

If he recovers well from his injury and can return to a similar level of play, I’ll be shocked if he’s cut.  He’s more than just a starting safety and this team and it’s culture  is built on players that are more than just players.  He’s a building block of this teams culture 

hope he is still around the team while on IR

• Agree 2

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Hyde was good, not elite until he came here.  

Poyer was kind of a JAG until he came here. 

Neither of them really have elite traits. 

Respect to the players they’ve become here, but this staff seems to be next level at secondary coaching/scheming. 

Tou always hear the coach who is the QB whisperer.  Frazier and especially McD are the secondary whisperers.  The best in all of the NFL for 5 years.  Even Wallace was taught how to be a great technician.  Think of the positives of what Benford and Elam will become over the next three years.  It’s daunting on a positive way.  Von providing the tutelage to the youngins especially the raw talent of GROOT is daunting as well.

Guys get ready for a dynasty of defense rivaling the Bucs way back when their offense was anemic.  The difference is we have SUPER ALLEN JA17.  God I can’t to see the future evolve.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Hate to see this.  But things happen for a reason:

1. First and foremost, Johnson has been ready and waiting, contract year for him too.  Never know what we have until we give him P/T

2. Lewis was likely 1st cut once Tre and Dane returned. This gives him a clear path to perhaps focus on the safety role (which he had been cross training at)

3. Injuries happen to all teams, as Von alluded to, very rare to go unscathed and not lose a key player/difference maker at some point in the season.

Others said it in the preseason, but we had 2 backups (Johnson and Hamlin) that could start for many teams in this league.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They need to add a safety but don’t need to make a trade imo. They don’t have a safety on the PS. In fact it was the only position they did not add at all in the off-season. That said I think Benford could add depth at safety when Tre returns 

Call me crazy, i would move Tre to Hyde's spot at safety, when he comes back. Less stress on the knee and he would thrive as well in that spot, as long  as the corners playing now do not falter. Would definitely add a few different looks to the defense.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow does that ever suck! I feel for him. I want this to be our year at last like all of you and losing a player of his ability and character really hurts.  I wonder who they might be looking to bring in at S to fill his spot. They might even consider looking for a bonafide starter to be ready to step in after the bye.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

Call me crazy, i would move Tre to Hyde's spot at safety, when he comes back. Less stress on the knee and he would thrive as well in that spot, as long  as the corners playing now do not falter. Would definitely add a few different looks to the defense.

I can't see why they would put one of the top CB's in the league back at safety, especially one already having to adjust to being back after a bad injury that would then have to learn a new position at the same time.  Plus, we have some young Safeties that have shown promise who can step in already.  Look at last year, when Tre went down our young guys did a pretty good job filling in.  

And losing Tre last year was a bigger hit than Hyde will be this year.  

I don't foresee any drastic moves or changes unless it becomes an apparent issue.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I hope for the person's sake that he is healthy and that whatever injury he has does not prevent him from living a long, happy, and comfortable life. 

As far as losing the player, it's hard, and it's especially hard with our top two corners out this week.  But safety and guard are the easiest positions to play, and we'll make it work the rest of the year and moving forward.  Maybe the pick we received from Arizona gets flipped at some point for DB help.  Or maybe Cam Lewis becomes a top backup at S when White returns.  Or maybe Benford plays some deep safety when White comes back (this might be a good idea for this year, but I love that kid at corner right now).  I trust this staff to figure this one out.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.