Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something seems a little off to me. Shortly after we hear he's getting a 2nd opinion he's placed on IR and done for the season. His agent states that Hyde will be ready for next season. If it's serious enough for 2nd opinion and immediately is done for the season, how does his agent know he'll be ok? Plus not a lot of info from the Bills. Or did I miss something?

29 minutes ago, nucci said:

Something seems a little off to me. Shortly after we hear he's getting a 2nd opinion he's placed on IR and done for the season. His agent states that Hyde will be ready for next season. If it's serious enough for 2nd opinion and immediately is done for the season, how does his agent know he'll be ok? Plus not a lot of info from the Bills. Or did I miss something?

He obviously needs a very specific procedure.

Rather be safe than sorry & have Hyde healthy i think it was a smart move for him to go on IR although he will be missed i just wonder if at sometime later in the season if we will see him on the sideline routing on the boys in blue when the play offs come around .

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He obviously needs a very specific procedure.

There might be some very good news as the physical therapist (;banged up bills YouTube, cover 1 guy) posted he may only have a cervical herniated disc.  He reported however it occurred when Hyde hit woods in the first game.  Yet hyde didn’t go to the hospital until after the Titans game , so I’m not sure how you could be certain he sustained the injury in Rams game without having a mri done at that time. Something  with the timeline or info coming out is a little weird.  But this could really be a much better prognosis than I was thinking when they said he was def out until “ next year”..  

when a disc herniates it can go forward ( toward the cord ) , to the side where nerves supply the arm exit the cord ( less dangerous or severe) or a combination of both ways. It can fragment as opposed to bulging so that has less of a chance to resolve without intervention. Still, if the cord isn’t being compressed, you usually have time if not in unbearable pain to wait and see what happens when the swelling from the initial herniation goes down. Going to surgery quickly is obviously a more aggressive treatment option., but if it’s just one disc , it might speed up things in the short term.  Hyde may have wanted to go that route rather than the more conservative waiting period. 

I was concerned they were being so aggressive about surgery because they might have seen something more serious on the mri , like narrowing of the spinal canal or spinal stenosis, which is more urgent and progressive, and you have little choice about surgery. If the canal is not narrowed , Hyde actually has a much better chance to return , maybe even this year.  That’s good news and first time I saw any definitive diagnosis stated ( not  sure how the therapist got the mri info tho?).  So if true  and it’s just a single herniation , that’s really good for Hyde! The neurosurgeons I have talked too tell me they do that particular surgery so often it’s a simple  , routine deal for them ( amazing professionals yet honestly they do make their living doing surgery and not by observing , just being open about it 😊).

I’m not a pro athlete , so If it was me as a professional scalpel fearing chicken, I would have opted to wait it out some as there is no risk free surgery, but these athletes are fearless and driven to return to play. IF TRUE, this is the best case scenario for Hyde to possibly even get back sooner than next year, but more importantly, this could  be great prognostic news for Hyde long term and my thoughts/ prayers go out to him for an uncomplicated recovery!  Icing on the cake would be a Bills win today!  Go Bills! 😀

18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I've seen alot of amazing interceptions in my lifetime.  But Micah's INT in the endzone against the Patriots in that playoff game was magical.  I don't want to hear talk about retirement.  I want to hear talk about a legendary comeback. 

Some things are bigger than football. Life definitely tops that list. When you are talking neck injuries, is it really worth it anymore? I hope he returns, but if he decides his health is more important and a retirement, you cant blame the guy. Get well Hyde!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.