Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the free agent market, the market for safeties is pretty bare.  Landon Collins is apparently still available.  He was never really very good in coverage, but he was particularly bad last year, recovering from an achilles tendon injury.  He carries quite a bit of weight for a safety.  Possibly a candidate for McDermott's famed "big safety."   Whomever Buffalo might sign, I think the best we can expect is a backup.  I think it's pretty obvious that Jaquan Johnson or Damar Hamlin will be starting the rest of the way.  Buffalo does have two DBs listed on the PS.  One of them, Jamarcus Ingram, is listed as a CB, but both guys are easily big enough to play safety, if Buffalo opts to fill the roster spot from within.

39 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bills losing Hyde, in conjunction with their starting corner and two top end defensive tackles not playing, brought the line down from Bills -6 to Bills -4.5.   

That’s it.  I know Vegas isn’t the end all, be all, but that should give people an idea of how the betting world feels about us losing a Safety (as well as a corner and two DL) against the most explosive WR duo in the NFL. 

not to mention that the home team gets an automatic -3. So even with the spread going downward its still -7.5 in the betting world instead of -9

44 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Unfortunately this is how I'm seeing it too.  May not play again 

With a herniated cervical disc, it looks that we may be faced with another Eichel situation. A small portion of the with self-reabsorb after a period of rest. The other cases will require definitive surgery. However, I don’t see this becoming an artificial disc vs fusion debate. Football is too violent of a sport. So, how have players done after cervical spinal fusion? This is a little dated, but a good starting point. 

https://www.shimspine.com/cervical-fusions-nfl/

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Since this news dropped I have contemplated suicide, but…I mean Andor is starting on Disney+ and we are ordering chicken wings tonight so…I got some stuff going my way.

Wait ‘til you see how boring Andor is, you’ll be back to bathing with the toaster…

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:
Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Whoa. Im way late to the thread.

All I can say is Heal up Micah and best wishes.  This news sucks its true.

The way the team overcomes setbacks will determine its fate this season.

I think the character of this team is such that whomever is asked to step  up will do so  and as they say, The show must go on. BRING IT ON

SQUISH THE FISH~!~!~!!!!!

• Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Looking at the free agent market, the market for safeties is pretty bare.  Landon Collins is apparently still available.  He was never really very good in coverage, but he was particularly bad last year, recovering from an achilles tendon injury.  He carries quite a bit of weight for a safety.  Possibly a candidate for McDermott's famed "big safety."   Whomever Buffalo might sign, I think the best we can expect is a backup.  I think it's pretty obvious that Jaquan Johnson or Damar Hamlin will be starting the rest of the way.  Buffalo does have two DBs listed on the PS.  One of them, Jamarcus Ingram, is listed as a CB, but both guys are easily big enough to play safety, if Buffalo opts to fill the roster spot from within.

First, I hope Hyde recovers.

The S market is bare. Make a trade, or scour the PS for a guy like McCloud at the S position.

Why can't we have nice things?

Hopefully Dane Jackson and Tre White are ready sooner than later, or this will be a real challenge.

TIme for Neal/ Johnson or Hamlin to step up.

This was a really deep S draft and we passed on all of them...... I was not happy then with 2 S over 30, less happy now.

Edited by RocCityRoller

50 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

This is great information, as I have always feared Spinal Surgery.

I have a Cervical problem, where my neck cracks, like cracking your knuckles, at the point where (I think) the spine terminates into the skull, simply by moving my head up, and down. That is still, a secondary issue, for me.

In 1990, I was seeing a Neurosurgeon @ Buffalo General Hospital, who recommended a Fusion procedure, on my L4-L5 discs. I declined, and went through several weeks of aggressive PT, and I recovered my previous level of movement. (I couldn't even walk down a flight of stairs) The problem has now extended down to S1, which has left me in severe, and constant pain.

I cannot 'Train' as I used to, due to failing knees, and hips. Running (up to) 6 miles a day, kept me relatively pain free, for quite a few years, but unfortunately, that level of exercise, is no longer possible for me.

Sorry to interrupt the original topic, but your response, has me thinking, and I am going to revisit the possibility of surgery, to correct my condition. One thing for certain: the idea of plates, screws,and bone grafts, scares the crap out of me, and was the reason, that I declined the Fusion procedure, 32 years ago.

In any case, I hope that Mr. Hyde, can return to being The Bills 'Dr. Jeckyll' against opposing offenses, sooner rather than later... :)

Have a good long talk with the neurosurgeon (spine). You made the right call on deferring the lumbar fusion. Those are a complete crap shoot on whether you’ll get relief or not. Cervical fusions have a much higher success rate in terms of symptomatic relief but depends on the pathology involved.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Bills losing Hyde, in conjunction with their starting corner and two top end defensive tackles not playing, brought the line down from Bills -6 to Bills -4.5.   

That’s it.  I know Vegas isn’t the end all, be all, but that should give people an idea of how the betting world feels about us losing a Safety (as well as a corner and two DL) against the most explosive WR duo in the NFL. 

Agreed. ultimately it’s the type of change that might swing a TD every couple games. No safety is a huge swing. The folks acting like we need to score 2 extra touchdowns a game are being dramatic. Especially when tre returns.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.