Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Offense will have to carry the load more. Just keep outscoring them, don't let up, keep pushing for more points.

I was thinking, at least in short term, this may have affect offensive philosphy to take a few more chances and score more points

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Summary for those who read a long post: Its probably Spinal Stenosis, and DrPJax posts on the forum without the use of his arms or hands.

Lol. I said I have no feeling in my arms or hands , still have motor function and still walking thx to the surgery, but the surgery didn’t relieve my presenting symptoms and ended my career seeing patients. But hey , I’m 65, so it could be worse.  I just added my own experience to show it’s possible Hyde might be done with football.  Sorry it was long, had read lots of speculation on here and just thought I could add some insight having been thru a possible similar diagnosis, and unfortunately it’s not as simple as just have surgery and returning to play. 😊

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I was thinking, at least in short term, this may have affect offensive philosphy to take a few more chances and score more points

Not sure about this. The Bills already show extreme aversion to punting , run the ball only occasionally and continue leading the NFL in point differential as they did last season. My guess is they stay the course on offense while adjusting defensive strategy to account for Hyde’s absence. 

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

Let’s not go that far yet. Not saying this isn’t a huge loss because it is, but I think Jaquan is really being underestimated here. 

Yep. Even Von said last week there would be adversity this season. It was just a matter of when.  So here we are.  It's a nice opportunity for some guys to step up and show they are true NFL talents.  I think some of the lesser known DB's will ball out.  

It's funny because some people are acting like Micah's position on the football field will be vacant, and Tua will get to throw against thin air.😮

• Like (+1) 1

Prayers to Micah in his recovery. Lots of different thoughts going on today lol

Our Super Bowl Dreams haven’t died Like many have said.. it’s a marathon not  a sprint. Your always going to have ups and downs in the course of season.. we were up, now feeling down.

But Its early,sure it’s a tough stretch now but  Guys will get healthy. Hopefully no more big ones and before you know it, we will have an intact  healthy roster again. I don’t believe this roster minus Micah means no Super Bowl. The second half of the schedule is quite a bit softer.. 

Its early, I would think unless Jaquan craps the bed he wiill get a full season of reps and just contine to get better. It’s his time to shine. I think he is up for it.

Having Poyer and Tre in the lineup will support him, Micah will be around as a mentor. 

No one out side this fan base cares, (I’m sure they care about his actual physical safety) but as far as losing him for the season they look at it as chipping away against a powerhouse. Every team deals with their own set of injuries along the way so no pity party. Next man up.

I imagine the goal of this offense will be to score 35-40 pts a game. If we do that we will be damn tough to beat.

I think the team will be more resilient than many seem to play it up on here. Injuries, Tua I wouldn’t be surprised if we come out and now smack the phins around tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not sure about this. The Bills already show extreme aversion to punting , run the ball only occasionally and continue leading the NFL in point differential as they did last season. My guess is they stay the course on offense while adjusting defensive strategy to account for Hyde’s absence. 

I wasn't thinking massive changes, just that it may affect their decisision making for going more for TDs and 4th downs instead of settling for FGs and punts

19 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Lol. I said I have no feeling in my arms or hands , still have motor function and still walking thx to the surgery, but the surgery didn’t relieve my presenting symptoms and ended my career seeing patients. But hey , I’m 65, so it could be worse.  I just added my own experience to show it’s possible Hyde might be done with football.  Sorry it was long, had read lots of speculation on here and just thought I could add some insight having been thru a possible similar diagnosis, and unfortunately it’s not as simple as just have surgery and returning to play. 😊

Thank you for the really detailed explanation. So say your right on his condition and again I know you are not making an actual diagnosis.

Say the surgery goes as well as it can be..Can the body then just continue to absorb the physical hits over the course of another full season in 2023 without permanent risk? 

Just now, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Prayers up to Micah. Interested to see what Johnson can do. 

Johnson has a chance to make some really serious money the next few months. He went from possibly struggling for free agent offers to possibly being a top free agent safety next offseason with some solid play. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yep. Even Von said last week there would be adversity this season. It was just a matter of when.  So here we are.  It's a nice opportunity for some guys to step up and show they are true NFL talents.  I think some of the lesser known DB's will ball out.  

It's funny because some people are acting like Micah's position on the football field will be vacant, and Tua will get to throw against thin air.😮

Yup.  This defense will still be really good without Hyde.  Jaquan has been with the team for 4 years.  Hyde's leadership will be missed but it looks like he's still traveling with the team.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Johnson has a chance to make some really serious money the next few months. He went from possibly struggling for free agent offers to possibly being a top free agent safety next offseason with some solid play. 

You know he's itching for an opportunity too, gonna be interesting.. Micah's the starter for a reason, doesnt mean the man behind him isn't ready to prove himself!

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Just overcome it all...GB team that won the SB had something like 18 people on IR by the end of the year 

the saints signed retired mike mckenzie and Chris McAllister mid season to play corner their Super Bowl year. To expect to be fully healthy is not realistic. 

getting tre back will really help bolster the secondary 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.