Micah to IR (out for the year per his agent)

FireChans

49 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

Call me crazy, i would move Tre to Hyde's spot at safety, when he comes back. Less stress on the knee and he would thrive as well in that spot, as long  as the corners playing now do not falter. Would definitely add a few different looks to the defense.

Stenbar, that’s not happening.  They are two different positions, and would be better to sideline him to his natural position until he is 110%.  Bringing him back early for any reason is short sighted.  

We need our lockdown pro bowl CB for the stretch.  If it’s the Chiefs, perfect; if it’s the Packs after the bye, ok.

As McD says as his moniker, trust the process.  For us, it’s trust the Mgmt, Coaching, and Training staff.  

Look at the bright side, we make it through the first three months lure OBJ to us and complete a historically indefensible offense that demolishes every defense in its way.  In the meantime we have a killer defense even with injuries.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well? I guess we’re about to test our depth!  They might be wearing Bills uniforms but yikes I’m not sure those are going to be the actual Bills out there tomorrow.

The running joke the last couple years has been: The best team in the AFC East is the Bills. The second best is the Bills' backups. If that's the case, then no worries.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Yeah, that’s as classless as it gets. If karma is a real thing, Mac Jones should be weary. 

Sadly, our worst is showing out too..

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Oh Ethan.  You have no idea what you’re talking about.  

Of course, but at least he’s consistent.🤷‍♂️

31 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Can OBJ play safety? 

😂 Likeky the only way he’d get on the field.

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Really? Old veteran in the last year of his deal coming off a major injury? Those guys get cut all the time. 

Maybe he comes back but the odds are against it.

Maybe, but they do not save much by cutting him - 7million Dead Cap versus 10 million to play.

They save a touch over 3 million and maybe his leadership is worth that.

I think if he wants to come back - they will make room for him and if he wants to retire - they will work that out.

• Micah Hyde was a 5th round pick who never earned a full starting role in Green Bay. In McDermott's and Frazier's defense he shined. 
  • Jordan Poyer was drafted in the 200s and was primarily a backup journeyman to start his career. In McDermott's and Frazier's defense he shined. 
  • Levi Wallace was a 7th round draft pick. Maybe he didn't shine, but In McDermott's and Frazier's defense he played well above his projection. 
  • Christian Benford was a 6th round draft pick. It's still early, but In McDermott's and Frazier's defense, he looks like he will shine. 

If there is any positional group on this team where I believe a significant injury can be weathered, it is the secondary. Jaquan Johnson has been in the system for 3 full years and learning behind two of the absolute best. He'll give up some plays and make some mistakes, but I have a feeling he is going to ball out in this defense. And if there's a drop off from Micah to Jaquan, I anticipate it only being a small drop-off. 

It's a longgggggg season. Let's go. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

Literally 1 player is out for the year. You sound ridiculous. 

Hyde is the back end commander of this defense…. The FS plays a major role in alignment and see things and voicing that to the secondary and even LBs at time….

Losing your stud FS is a big loss. To say the least it’s big shoes to fill. Lucky Jaquan has been in the system going on year 4 I think…..

28 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sadly, our worst is showing out too..

Of course, but at least he’s consistent.🤷‍♂️

😂 Likeky the only way he’d get on the field.

He really is.  I like some of his takes, but most seem to be application material for his application for membership to sadness brigade.  Doom.  Gloom.  We can’t have nice things because….

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.